Elle

Get Free

but that wasn't about Get Free

she was talking about the previous song that she finised, clearly 

because you can easily notice that the fans start saying get free after she stops 

I did not notice that. So what song did she speak about

I did not notice that. So what song did she speak about

i kinda wanna know too

i forgot the setlist from the show but i stg if it was like white mustang or somethin...:rip:

e: according to this the song she sang before Get Free on the 23rd was Summertime Sadness..

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lana-del-rey/2017/terminal-5-new-york-ny-6be31e22.html

every time she sings 'and all my birds of paradise- who never got to fly at night, cause they were caught up in the dance' all i can see is this

j1kxOQm.gif

on topic: one of the best songs she's ever written, i know some people don't like how incoherent the verses can be and how loud her lizzy vocals are but i find it all the more endearing- she likes her songs to be lyrically polished n does several takes rather then hundreds; i find the unfinishedness fits with the whole transformation and change theme the latter half of the record has

i could write a whole thesis on the symbolism Get Free has within the inclusion of the passed starlets, to her lyricism evolution, her life story at play, the parallels between her songs- both deepcuts and her most known, everything down to the tone and feel and inspirations of the song I could write about why it means so much. means so much to her and myself. it means so much more to me personally than other songs, i have favorite songs and songs i correlate with memories but Get Free is different for me in that it's not related to a visual image, place, or memory like DMD (december nights in detroit) or TNC (rainy days on vacation) are; it's her first song i've ever taken as a goal or a checkpoint of where I want to be in life. 

I wanna be happier and glow, and i know life's changing but I don't have anything to relate this song to besides my endgoal. it's also why i care about Yosemite so much because to me it's this thing so unreachable yet so, so goddamn promising and enlightening. it's like the little temple on top of the mountain's peak that always has the sun shining on it right through the clouds- n i wanna get there and experience it goddamnit

This is exactly how I feel with this song. "Get Free", opened my eyes and changed my perspective on certain things in life. The fact that Lana released songs related to "changes in your life" while I was "transitioning" as a person (still), staying more positive and happier. 

Heroin, Change and Get Free is the holy trinity, for me. It builds up a story —my story—. I remember when she explained the meaning behind "change", that was how I interpreted that song, changing while the world is changing and so much more... 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Creep is shook

Omggg all day it was bothering me what song this sounded like, but I couldn't quite place my finger on it! Yesssss, Creep. Love that song.

All of the reviews of this track are just instantly shoving it to the side calling it a Creep ripoff and completely ignoring that Get Free begins where Love ends and is literally such a rewarding closer to the album, it's upsetting.

Like, the chord progression of Creep is so far from unique. I, V, VI, vi is not a breakthrough chord progression, it's almost as basic as it gets.

inb4 these quotes and this status end up in a court filing  :creep:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I believe this song is about Hollywood, the entertainment industry, and the toxic environment that these people live in. The lyrics

Gone is the burden
Of the Crowley way of being

and

I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game or live my own life

are very telling.

Also, remember Prisoner?

I think I've been in Hollywood for too long cause I can feel my soul burning, feel it burning slow

I get so wrapped up in a world where nothing's as it seems and real life is stranger than my dreams

At her show tonight, Lana filled in the missing names with “Amy” & “Whitney” such as her collarbone tattoo states

Why did she leave the "for...and for..." lyric on the album blank if she sings "for Amy and for Whitney" live?

tumblr_nj1xnd5Sgi1si2rsno2_r1_500.gif

Why did she leave the "for...and for..." lyric on the album blank if she sings "for Amy and for Whitney" live?

i honestly believe Amy and Whitney are a blanket for the two actual people she includes. Maybe they're past lover, friends, ect? highly doubt it its Amy and Whitney... i mean, the fact that she scrapped the entire original version, and reworked it,  just for us to find out its been two pop two singers all along in the final version ?...hmmm sure Jan....For K, and for Bill fits better

i will believe in my opinion till i die lol 

i honestly believe Amy and Whitney are a blanket for the two actual people she includes. Maybe they're past lover, friends, ect? highly doubt it its Amy and Whitney... i mean, the fact that she scrapped the entire original version, and reworked it, just for us to find out its been two pop two singers all along in the final version ?...hmmm sure Jan....For K, and for Bill fits better

Agree with you.

I always thought the motorcycle sound during the "for and for" part was referencing the person in Yayo ("put me onto your black motorcycle") and now that we know the person she wrote that song for passed away from an overdose like Amy and Whitney, I have no doubt it was a subtle reference to his death. I really wonder what Malibu sounded like. Get Free is already so personal, I can't imagine her revealing everything.

i honestly believe Amy and Whitney are a blanket for the two actual people she includes. Maybe they're past lover, friends, ect? highly doubt it its Amy and Whitney... i mean, the fact that she scrapped the entire original version, and reworked it,  just for us to find out its been two pop two singers all along in the final version ?...hmmm sure Jan....For K, and for Bill fits better

i thought this at first but when i went and really listened to the song, you can totally hear "for aim--- and for whi---"

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

i honestly believe Amy and Whitney are a blanket for the two actual people she includes. Maybe they're past lover, friends, ect? highly doubt it its Amy and Whitney... i mean, the fact that she scrapped the entire original version, and reworked it, just for us to find out its been two pop two singers all along in the final version ?...hmmm sure Jan....For K, and for Bill fits better

She said she didn’t want the track to make headlines for namedropping two very recognized mainstream acts. Nonetheless, the song still broke into the news for other reasons anyway so I guess she doesn’t give a fuck now lmao.