Elle

Happiness is a Butterfly

This song is 100% my new anthem. It’s almost like Lana’s mission statement framed within the context of a night at a bar gone slightly wrong with someone who feels so right.

I got lost in my thoughts and I got to thinking that the way Lana threats this song is :facepalm:  . She teased it first in March 2018 but it  came out in August 2019. And then it is supposed to get an music video but Lana doesn't released it  yet.  At the first look it seems this is a special song for Lana but she never sung it live or released it as a single or released the mv for it which is part of a three part musicvideo....

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

50% of the time when I listen to this song, it makes me cry. This song just hits a certain spot with me.

Sometimes, when i sing along, i'll replace "I just wanna dance with you" to "I just wanna be with you"

negAbhB.png

What the fuck was she meaning, "I was one thing, but now i'm being another"

"I was nice once, but now I'm being a bitch" ??? like.... or was it "I'm was once sad, but now I'm really happy"??????? 

i need these important questions answered ugh. and she'll never go on genius verified to explain her lyrics

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

"I was nice once, but now I'm being a bitch" ??? like.... or was it "I'm was once sad, but now I'm really happy"???????

i need these important questions answered ugh. and she'll never go on genius verified to explain her lyrics

i think she means he called her one thing (probably something positive) and then called her another (something negative). i’m kinda thinking this is about Chase?

i think she means he called her one thing (probably something positive) and then called her another (something negative). i’m kinda thinking this is about Chase?

Are you referring to the first verse ("I heard one thing and now I'm hearing another")? I think she's referencing the previous line, "Do you want me or do you not?" as in, he can't make up his mind.

I think Weeds is talking about the later verse, "I was one thing, but now I'm being another". Again, using the previous line as a clue ("Left the canyon, drove to the club") I think she means she is playing two roles. Imo, this is where this song ties in with Bartender, and it's the same relationship she was trying to hide from the public.

In Bartender, she's hanging out in the canyon with the "ladies" and having tea parties and such - keeping up appearances. At night ("drove to the club" I guess), she sees her lover. It's almost an identity crisis for her, because this important part of her life is hidden.

ETA: Possibly the same relationship is also the subject of How to Disappear.

"John met me down on the boulevard

Cry on his shoulder 'cause life is hard"

I think "John" is possibly Chase. Chase used to drink (beer, specifically) before he met Lana and afaik he stopped drinking when he started dating her, or thereabouts. So that all ties in with Bartender, "crack another beer", etc. Also, "John" is commonly used as a default name for an anonymous male and he was not well-known and they both kept a low profile. If she'd used the name "Chase" in a song then we'd all know exactly who she meant, so she'd definitely use another name ...

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I know I'm late but I just came up with a little interpreation for the lyrics. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought about a club night gone wrong

Anyways, this songs always hits me different when I remember what never was with someone I loved. It's the way she pleads -I just wanna dance with you- that really makes me cry.

As some of you said, the vocals hit weird the first time around but I think it helps to portray the feeling of the song, it's a raw cry between what may seem anger and the confusion of being rejected, but as the song comes down at the end and the melodies soften up, they come to show to what the singer really wants from this relationship, what she is really asking for. It's not just about dancing. She wants to be here with him, enjoy the fleeding happiness of being here at that moment for as long as she can. Why doesn't he understand something that she already realized it really is as simple as that? It doesn't matter what anyone else says about him or what he's been trough, although she can tell he's not completely fine. It's enough to be there and with him, but he just wants to call the night off. He won't drive her to her house, or ask her to end it as his, and he won't try to make to it all last a bit more by just walking down the streets. He's done with tonight and that's why she lashes. Don't be a jerk, don't call her a taxi, do you really want her as you said before? It's not about dancing but at the same time it is, yet is more complex than that and at the same time it really is more simple. She's asking him to stay, she wants him to stay, she's pleading him to stay. That would be enough but it is just not, at least not for him. That's why he'll leave like that. That's what makes me sad.

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

i always saw it as being a singer and then becoming a poet

i always saw it as being a singer and then becoming a poet

Which gets along with her whole essence - this battle between being a superstar and then the most normal white girl out there. An extrovert vs an introvert. Desire for attention vs elusiveness. Etc.

Hey guys so ive been wondering for forever … 

what does the lyric - “dropped a pin to my parking spot” mean ? 

im a non native English speaker , thinking my English is good but this is just one of those things where I understand each word , yet not the overall meaning and context :D 

thanks 😘 

On 7/10/2022 at 4:01 PM, fanb said:

im a non native English speaker , thinking my English is good but this is just one of those things where I understand each word , yet not the overall meaning and context :D 

thanks 😘 

when you drop a pin on your phone it marks where you parked your car on a map so you can find it again later; you can also drop a pin of your location to someone via phone so they can find your exact location

aOaIzH2.gif

On 7/10/2022 at 4:01 PM, fanb said:

thanks 😘 

To "drop a pin" means to share your current location with someone on your phone. This is a feature on Google Maps/Apple Maps applications.

So, in the song she is saying that she shared the location of the parking spot she was in with someone.

I hope I explained that well lol x

52215359960_5f688c15b1_m.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

12 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

when you drop a pin on your phone it marks where you parked your car on a map so you can find it again later; you can also drop a pin of your location to someone via phone so they can find your exact location

Oh my .. didnt thought of that :D 

Thanks !!! 

12 hours ago, Elle said:

To "drop a pin" means to share your current location with someone on your phone. This is a feature on Google Maps/Apple Maps applications.

So, in the song she is saying that she shared the location of the parking spot she was in with someone.

I hope I explained that well lol x

52215359960_5f688c15b1_m.jpg

Yep , thank you so much ! :D