Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

All I want for the next album is a Dancing In Circles type of song, I mean she can sing it on a fucking funeral march melody and pace if she wants to idc but give me that strong, empowering, unapologetic and sexual Lana, maybe even glamorous if she wants, gimme back the girl that danced on tables and stripped on the pole and got caught by cops in her black bikini top, and gimme the video for it, gimme the wild Lana that she is but is still afraid to show, I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I want Lana to go pop with an UV mindset and visuals, trap beats or not, I want IMF 2.0, I want a John Wayne kinda video but all I can do is dream cuz this will never happen

ZKcaooE.png

i do think we're prob blowing this truck thing out of proportion tho, but if lana stans can't be drama queens who can tbh.

I wouldn't give two fucks about her ride if the stans didn't make me think she went for something vintage and then get disappointed as awful as it sounds :creep:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Agreed. Ugh! 

I'm not trying to be all conspiracy crazy, but I can't help but think that the leak of BAR was somewhat intentional on Lana's part... Remember how Rich Lee asked her if she wanted to do the other song? It means that they shot scenes for both BAR and WM. Why would they do that? Were they anticipating a probable leak?  :creep:

I doubt it. Music videos are planned almost a year in advance, especially if you hire a busy director such as Rich Lee. Love was recorded a couple of months after HM and was decided almost right away that it would be the lead single. The video was shot on the summer of 2016. LFL (the song) was finished in the same months and was planned as the second single. A third video directed by Rich Lee was planned from the start, most likely for BAR, but the track listing of the album was not final at the time and i believe Lana's team had not decided yet what the third single would be for sure. In order to have the video shot for a third single, they opted to tell a story without Lana singing, so any song could fit to the images. The BAR / WM video was shot in February or March, pretty much at the same time the song leaked. True, Love leaked and they rushed released the single, because they could not undo everything and plan from the start the whole marketing strategy of the album.

​I truly believe that the BAR leak pushed her to record more songs and thus, changing the initial sound of the record, making it a bit odd to have folksy and "simpler" songs like BAR and Yosemite on the same record as the heavy beats dominant on the first half of the album.

I doubt it. Music videos are planned almost a year in advance, especially if you hire a busy director such as Rich Lee. Love was recorded a couple of months after HM and was decided almost right away that it would be the lead single. The video was shot on the summer of 2016. LFL (the song) was finished in the same months and was planned as the second single. A third video directed by Rich Lee was planned from the start, most likely for BAR, but the track listing of the album was not final at the time and i believe Lana's team had not decided yet what the third single would be for sure. In order to have the video shot for a third single, they opted to tell a story without Lana singing, so any song could fit to the images. The BAR / WM video was shot in February or March, pretty much at the same time the song leaked. True, Love leaked and they rushed released the single, because they could not undo everything and plan from the start the whole marketing strategy of the album.

​I truly believe that the BAR leak pushed her to record more songs and thus, changing the initial sound of the record, making it a bit odd to have folksy and "simpler" songs like BAR and Yosemite on the same record as the heavy beats dominant on the first half of the album.

That makes a lot of sense, actually

Agreed. Ugh! 

I'm not trying to be all conspiracy crazy, but I can't help but think that the leak of BAR was somewhat intentional on Lana's part... Remember how Rich Lee asked her if she wanted to do the other song? It means that they shot scenes for both BAR and WM. Why would they do that? Were they anticipating a probable leak?  :creep:

To be completely honest, I don't think 'White Mustang' had even been recorded at the time the video was shot. Do we know moreless when the music video for BAR/WM was recorded?

Anyway, Lana mentioned that songs like Cherry and White Mustang were some of the last tracks she recorded for the album where she sounded kind of annoyed, which made her realise she wasn't at the point she thought she would be when she recorded Yosemite and made her scrap the song. Since she was talking about Yosemite in mid April, I don't think White Mustang and Cherry were so developed in April and we already knew a video for a song had been shot when she posted behind the scenes videos on Instagram in late February

To be completely honest, I don't think 'White Mustang' had even been recorded at the time the video was shot. Do we know moreless when the music video for BAR/WM was recorded?

Anyway, Lana mentioned that songs like Cherry and White Mustang were some of the last tracks she recorded for the album where she sounded kind of annoyed, which made her realise she wasn't at the point she thought she would be when she recorded Yosemite and made her scrap the song. Since she was talking about Yosemite in mid April, I don't think White Mustang and Cherry were so developed in April and we already knew a video for a song had been shot when she posted behind the scenes videos on Instagram in late February

I think you're right!

So what would this "other song" that Rich Lee mentioned then be exactly? Maybe a song we don't know about? Or maybe one of the other songs of LFL?

I think you're right!

So what would this "other song" that Rich Lee mentioned then be exactly? Maybe a song we don't know about? Or maybe one of the other songs of LFL?

He said "what was the other song you wanted" or something along these lines and she started singing BAR in response so

He said "what was the other song you wanted" or something along these lines and she started singing BAR in response so

He did not say that exactly, but it's a good idea to review what was said exactly:

(is this how I embed a YouTube vid?)

In the first part Lana is humming/singing some sort of melody that is unfamiliar to me. Does anyone know what it is?

Next, she sings a line from BAR. And later on, someone asks her: "Do you want to switch over to the other song you wanted?" to which she responds: "yes".

Am I going crazy? lol

He did not say that exactly, but it's a good idea to review what was said exactly:

(is this how I embed a YouTube vid?)

In the first part Lana is humming/singing some sort of melody that is unfamiliar to me. Does anyone know what it is?

Next, she sings a line from BAR. And later on, someone asks her: "Do you want to switch over to the other song you wanted?" to which she responds: "yes".

Am I going crazy? lol

No, not at all..that's exactly what's happening in the video..and btw, I don't know about that other melody that she hums first..maybe she just hums randomly though...

Wait...when that guy asked her if she wanted to switch to the other song..did he just referred to her as ''boss lady''?? lol I find it so funny 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

No, not at all..that's exactly what's happening in the video

So the unfamiliar melody could possibly be the "other song" then, right? I'm interested in what others have to say about this

i just saw her pickup truck. i cannot. :toofunny:

she's buying a ranch next, i'm calling it now.

i mean, the two mansions that she bough side by side could be considered a ranch so...LDR6 ft FloridaGeoriga Line, Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton and Lady Antebellum confirmed !!!!

I think you're right!

I lowkey want to say Lana said Yosemite and BAR were really close to each other and BAR was the yin of Yosemite's yang. Or maybe we're just overanalysing everything (most likely tbh)

I lowkey want to say Lana said Yosemite and BAR were really close to each other and BAR was the yin of Yosemite's yang. Or maybe we're just overanalysing everything (most likely tbh)

tenor.gif

​Remember- Pink Flamingos always fascinated Lana.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Maybe Lana was going to include BAR and WM on the same video, kind of like a combo music video, until BAR leaked. To me it's weird to think they would make a video without knowing which song they wanted.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

So the unfamiliar melody could possibly be the "other song" then, right? I'm interested in what others have to say about this

isn't the "other song" white mustang? Because Lana wanted that music video to be either for Bar or Wm, if she ever decided to shift the album's style, which she eventually did...

giphy.gif

Maybe Lana was going to include BAR and WM on the same video, kind of like a combo music video, until BAR leaked. To me it's weird to think they would make a video without knowing which song they wanted.

You know? I was thinking on this when it released. I think when she said she was making a new project with Rich, she was trying to keep it secret, like a surprise, but the song leaked. Damn :(

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: