Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I don't see it as her selling out, i just don't think that Lana being on the radio is really needed. Like @@ultralife stated, she doesn't need that exposure because she already has a solid and loyal fanbase that is willing to by everything she creates without any promotion whatsoever, which is pretty impressive. So it's not that we don't want Lana on the radio, it's just that nobody will care and Lana won't benefit much from it
they're clearly aiming for a bigger audience with this messy arena tour, radio premiers and asking max martin for help on a song featuring the weeknd. this is not about her getting a billboards #1 but every artist needs exposure.

i76mrxw.png 

they're clearly aiming for a bigger audience with this messy arena tour, radio premiers and asking max martin for help on a song featuring the weeknd. this is not about her getting a billboards #1 but every artist needs exposure.

Also Benny Blanco and Boi1da

like @@ultralife said, she's obviously an album artist & it's clear that she prefers putting out something that makes sense to her / is in line with her vision over potential hits or more marketable songs. i mean, you all remember how bitter she was over the lack of control she had with BTD, which was by far her most radio-oriented album so far - and that probably because label intere$t$ were put above her own.

but also, radio is dying, lbr. fm radio is on the way out for a reason, so making songs thinking of their radio playability seems like a bad strategy for so many reasons.

like @@ultralife said, she's obviously an album artist & it's clear that she prefers putting out something that makes sense to her / is in line with her vision over potential hits or more marketable songs. i mean, you all remember how bitter she was over the lack of control she had with BTD, which was by far her most radio-oriented album so far - and that probably because label intere$t$ were put above her own.

but also, radio is dying, lbr. fm radio is on the way out for a reason, so making songs thinking of their radio playability seems like a bad strategy for so many reasons.

she doesn't need radio she needs streaming placement but her team is too busy rescheduling her cancelled content to learn how to place her on services she previously profited of.

and yeah she also said things about looking back at uv and thinking she went too far but sure no one is gonna talk badly about ultraoverrated on here.

i76mrxw.png 

The guitar intro of Cruel World and the opening line of Honeymoon are mesmerising :oprah:

On the other hand, with love being the first track on lust for life, it doesn’t set the mood for the record the way the other title tracks did. I wish the record started with 13 Beaches

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

and yeah she also said things about looking back at uv and thinking she went too far but sure no one is gonna talk badly about ultraoverrated on here.

regardless of how one feels abt UV, regretting choices you made in the past or thinking you would've made different decisions nowadays (UV) versus regretting not having been able to make your own choices/mistakes bc other people prevented it (BTD) are 2 very different types of regret.

By the way I skip half of the songs when I’m listening to lust for life. I was not used to it since I enjoy every single track on both UV and Honeymoon :hottie:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

The guitar intro of Cruel World and the opening line of Honeymoon are mesmerising :oprah:

On the other hand, with love being the first track on lust for life, it doesn’t set the mood for the record the way the other title tracks did. I wish the record started with 13 Beaches

That's the problem with Lust for Life though... there is no particular mood for it. 13 Beaches wouldn't be the perfect opener, Love wouldn't be the perfect opener, nothing will be the perfect opener for the collection of songs on the record because it doesn't hold a particular sound. It's just a messy album.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

this is true. every song that plays on the radio now  was already getting huge streaming numbers on Spotify, Apple music and youtube 

like New Rules by Dua Lipa (which radio aired really late...its been a  hit aready)

or this annoying song thats on every meme has been on the internet for months but it just started airing on the radio like 3 weeks ago

idk in my opinion i honestly do. itll be great to hear a song of hers in a medium that isn't my damn iTunes library

and im tired of people asking who the hell is she. my cousins only know of her name bc of me. some people didn't even know she released honeymoon and lust for life in the last 3 years

I feel that too, i only want it to happen for her cause it seems like she wants that...hence changing lyrics and talking about getting by on one hit song (i think shes talking about summertime bunk(sad)ness) etc... but that's it 

e1s11.gif

i don't ever want Lana to get radio play. everyone knows who she is, but she's still a gem imo. when i liked Halsey it was nice cause she had one song on the radio but now it disgusts me how radio hungry she is. shes swallowed in wanting to be super famous. Lana on the other hand is genuine and can survive on her own without the radio, we all know though that she is trying to get a hit. she even said it about LFL

giphy.gif

13 Beaches would be such a better opener with Love after WTWWAW the album would DESTROY

1. 13 Beaches

2. Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd)

3. Cherry

4. Heroin

5. White Mustang

6. Summer Bummer (feat. A$AP Rocky & Playboi Carti)

7. In My Feelings

8. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

9. Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky)

10. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems (feat. Stevie Nicks)

11. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Ono Lennon)

12. God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It

13. When The World Was At War We Just Kept Dancing

14. Love

15. Change

16. Get Free

So much more cohesive