Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I just hope lana realizes her core fans are her FANS because of the intimacy and relatable lyrics...

not shading LFL - but it is very broad and not as personal and I think it becomes lacking in its beauty for that reason...

BTD - HONEYMOON was so authentically her, and quite real, quite beautiful but painful...

I hope the new record is in the realm of the old ways she used to write her songs, kind of worried..

I wish for her nails to return. they suited her so well

I'm also a little worried as well about how the new record is going to turn out. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy Lust For Life but I feel like the production and the vibe of the record wasn't her best and I really hope the next album is a better sound and style for Lana and at the same time stays true to her style.

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

LDR needs to do a piano rock record, a la Sara Bareilles, Tori Amos, etc

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

lust for life certainly hasn't aged well, that's all i'll say

I believe LFL will be the album we will go back to in a couple of years and we’ll better understand its place in Lana’s discography and storytelling.

And I don’t get the « this album has not aged well », since music these days draws a lot of its energy and beats from the past decades. I get that LFL had a lot of trap beats that are really everywhere these days, but BTD was really contemporary as well, with its hip hop beats and samples (the strings were the classical element to the mix). UV and HM truly were rooted in deep classical genres, making them timeless. But we’ll have to see what is LFL’s legacy in the years to come. I wouldn’t be surprised, if the polical climate worldwide changes, that the hated « political » songs from the record find a « second life » or a new meaning in the future.

lust for life certainly hasn't aged well, that's all i'll say

I believe LFL will be the album we will go back to in a couple of years and we’ll better understand its place in Lana’s discography and storytelling.

And I don’t get the « this album has not aged well », since music these days draws a lot of its energy and beats from the past decades. I get that LFL had a lot of trap beats that are really everywhere these days, but BTD was really contemporary as well, with its hip hop beats and samples (the strings were the classical element to the mix). UV and HM truly were rooted in deep classical genres, making them timeless. But we’ll have to see what is LFL’s legacy in the years to come. I wouldn’t be surprised, if the polical climate worldwide changes, that the hated « political » songs from the record find a « second life » or a new meaning in the future.

Thats the thing though, her previous albums before LFL was of course inspired by old classical music but thats why they have aged so beautifully; because the production was inspired by such a timeless genre. However LFL is basically just trap beats. The production on the album feels so uninspired and lifeless. It's as if someone just pressed a button on a keyboard and used the sample backing track for a song. She definitely lost her touch on Lust for Life, and thats why i dont think it'll be remembered very well in the future, musically. Though lyrically and thematically i think it's pretty great at times

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

LDR needs to do a piano rock record, a la Sara Bareilles, Tori Amos, etc

She should learn piano first lol. Love love tori btw.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

personally i believe the hip hop beats are so much more lush and enjoyable. the lfl beats were too clicky and annoying. in some songs it felt like the beats were too overpowering. and it doesn't help that they sound like they were made on garageband

also the fake violins make the album sound cheaper

To be quite honest LFL has actually aged really well for me. I didn’t hear it for a month & went back to it in full yesterday, it sounds refreshing to her previous work & it’s quite cohesive. Each part of it has it’s own little section which flows quite well into the next. On top of that the way she tackles politics is very true to herself. She injects her own little world into it & keeps it not crazily political. I mean if it was truly political she’d have removed the gun shots from GBA. Also, I feel her lyricism has improved as well in some format. She’s learned to be more private within her own music while elevating the song. Before it was quite honest & blunt. Now older & more self-aware she obviously doesn’t want to reveal everything she’s done. My only problem with the record is that the acoustic part feels a little short. A EP following the record & expanding on it would’be been amazing!

I would’ve imagined it to go like this.

1. Roses Bloom For You

2. Yosemite

3. Political Track 1

4. Political Track 2

5. Political Track 3

6. Political Track 4

7. Sylvia

8. Cactus

9. Best American Record

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

To be quite honest LFL has actually aged really well for me. I didn’t hear it for a month & went back to it in full yesterday, it sounds refreshing to her previous work & it’s quite cohesive. Each part of it has it’s own little section which flows quite well into the next. On top of that the way she tackles politics is very true to herself. She injects her own little world into it & keeps it not crazily political. I mean if it was truly political she’d have removed the gun shots from GBA. Also, I feel her lyricism has improved as well in some format. She’s learned to be more private within her own music while elevating the song. Before it was quite honest & blunt. Now older & more self-aware she obviously doesn’t want to reveal everything she’s done. My only problem with the record is that the acoustic part feels a little short. A EP following the record & expanding on it would’be been amazing!

I would’ve imagined it to go like this.

1. Roses Bloom For You

2. Yosemite

3. Political Track 1

4. Political Track 2

5. Political Track 3

6. Political Track 4

7. Sylvia

8. Cactus

9. Best American Record

No more political tracks please!! And Lust For Life is anything but cohesive in my opinion... I see Honeymoon as her most cohesive record

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

No more political tracks please!! And Lust For Life is anything but cohesive in my opinion... I see Honeymoon as her most cohesive record

Honeymoon is for sure the most cohesive album. To be honest, I actually want more political tracks from her. I loved GBA & Coachella. My least favorite was actually WTWWAWWKD

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I'm so stoked about Lana x Jack, like about time we got something fresh from her... I love her entire discography, but LFL was just a mess compared to the albums that preceeded it. We haven't had a switch up like this from Lana since UV, so I'm ready! Her and Rick were clearly running out of ideas

Kinda unrelated? But when LDR6 gets announced, she better get a new merch team. Like damn! I need another Paradise/UV box set, none of that last minute HM/LFL stuff! I want picture discs, exclusives! Not the CD in a wallet and a few blurred prints

Kinda unrelated? But when LDR6 gets announced, she better get a new merch team. Like damn! I need another Paradise/UV box set, none of that last minute HM/LFL stuff! I want picture discs, exclusives! Not the CD in a wallet and a few blurred prints

This. She's got a cult following. Might as well extend her artistry thru decent merch.

UV/Honeymoon

This. She's got a cult following. Might as well extend her artistry thru decent merch.

But the "cult" will buy no matter what she releases(like a cheap sweater with an ugly emoji that sells for 50 bucks), so why should she put effort into it?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Thats the thing though, her previous albums before LFL was of course inspired by old classical music but thats why they have aged so beautifully; because the production was inspired by such a timeless genre. However LFL is basically just trap beats. The production on the album feels so uninspired and lifeless. It's as if someone just pressed a button on a keyboard and used the sample backing track for a song. She definitely lost her touch on Lust for Life, and thats why i dont think it'll be remembered very well in the future, musically. Though lyrically and thematically i think it's pretty great at times

I had a playlist on shuffle, and “In My Feelings” played first and then came “Money, Power, and Glory.” The difference was astonishing. She really had something going with Ultraviolence. LFL doesn’t really touch it. She has ACTUAL talent, and she’s awesome when she uses it.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Y'all better be grateful she released LFL they way it is, cuz people remembered Lana is alive again. She got invited to different events, Hell, she was nominated for Grammy. It's been so long since she attended events, and now you can say that she just doesn't want to, but I don't think it's that.

As for "cheap trap beats", well, she'd become extremely boring if she continued with HM sound. Her whole discography would be "too slow", and she really needs to speed up sometimes IMO. More than half of the LFL album was disgusting to me when it got released, and even few months later, but now I just think it's better than half of the albums released THIS year, even with those trap beats (I don't actually mind them).

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro