Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

If she's working on something along synthpop, I hope that she's more into the new romantic style (like depeche mode or even some Bowie songs), and I think that she'll do a great work if she's more into this vibe. But, if she's doing the "new synthpop" that is something like Taylor Swift, Halsey, or some other mainstream artist, I'll be very disappointed. I mean, I know that she should do what makes her happy, but we know that Lana had a lot of trouble with her label, and maybe they're pushing her into the mainstream, which is bad bc most of the mainstram songs are meant to be sold like a product, and not to be something different, that make us think or get into different genres/artists. I'm not saying that a mainstream artist can't do something artistic (Lady Gaga did, Madonna, Grace Jones, Cher, etc... too), but it's a minority that can make something authentic and be innovative.

No tea, no shade, do you guys really think that Katy Perry, TS, Halsey, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande (btw, I know that she have an AMAZING voice, but that is not the same thing as being innovative) are authentic or innovative? They literally follow the same formula, both in the structure of the lyrics and in the sound of the music.

Just to make it clear, I'm not against mainstream music (something I listen to Britney Spears, and I do think that she's an ICON), but I see Lana as an alt-pop artist, and I think that she does that wonderfully.

Tea.

If she's working on something along synthpop, I hope that she's more into the new romantic style (like depeche mode or even some Bowie songs), and I think that she'll do a great work if she's more into this vibe. But, if she's doing the "new synthpop" that is something like Taylor Swift, Halsey, or some other mainstream artist, I'll be very disappointed. I mean, I know that she should do what makes her happy, but we know that Lana had a lot of trouble with her label, and maybe they're pushing her into the mainstream, which is bad bc most of the mainstram songs are meant to be sold like a product, and not to be something different, that make us think or get into different genres/artists. I'm not saying that a mainstream artist can't do something artistic (Lady Gaga did, Madonna, Grace Jones, Cher, etc... too), but it's a minority that can make something authentic and be innovative.

No tea, no shade, do you guys really think that Katy Perry, TS, Halsey, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande (btw, I know that she have an AMAZING voice, but that is not the same thing as being innovative) are authentic or innovative? They literally follow the same formula, both in the structure of the lyrics and in the sound of the music.

Just to make it clear, I'm not against mainstream music (something I listen to Britney Spears, and I do think that she's an ICON), but I see Lana as an alt-pop artist, and I think that she does that wonderfully. 

:agree:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Would be 2030 and we will still don't having Damn You and Hollywood's Dead final versions  :poordat:

Damn You in Itunes Quality  :defeated: My heart wouldn't survive

I don't how ya'll will react to this hahaha but........ I think The Weeknd's 'Call Out My Name' would be a great sound for Lana. Something similar with more Lana lyrics.

qsVmBMd.png

honestly these days I'm alil worried about how new lana music will sound, I don't wanna doubt her artistry too much and I know I shouldn't make too many assumptions but everything so far is making me think she's gonna regress even more and make cringey tourlyfe woke pop with jack antonoff and ricks janky ass trap beats, what if LDR6 is full of woke pop and oaky dokey folk ballads? I- :smokes3:

I hope her gemini self scraps it and goes in a complete 180 with the record if that's the case.

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

i think that we're all suspect to forgetting that at the end of the day Lana is just an ordinary person like us. we all desire to have an old sound for the new album, whether it be the UV guitars or the Honeymoon strings we crave for production from the past. although we want this new album to be a reincarnation of her best work we have to remind ourselves Lana is a human who evolves over time and changes her perceptions on life and mental state. she may not be able to go back to those instrumentals because that was her at a different point of her life. she wants to grow more and more and i know that as a Gemini she CRAVES change. change for her life, change for her lyrics, and change for her growth as an artist. lets remember that we get an inside look on Lanas feelings with albums. i know it's cliche but as stans we really should be happy for whatever direction she takes because in the end she will only try to please us along with her feeling satisfied with where she is as a person.

giphy.gif

Please someone has to snake their way into the dark web to find I Talk To Jesus. @honeymoun said it sounds like Ultraviolence on Instagram. I don’t know if he was kidding tho..

but the title itself sounds better than the whole lust for life album :trisha: :angie: :oprah3: :oprah2: :oprah: :lange: :angie: :angie:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Please someone has to snake their way into the dark web to find I Talk To Jesus. @honeymoun said it sounds like Ultraviolence on Instagram. I don’t know if he was kidding tho..

but the title itself sounds better than the whole lust for life album :trisha: :angie: :oprah3: :oprah2: :oprah: :lange: :angie: :angie:

This is the UV outtake I'm most eager to hear. They better release it. :defeated:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

someone who became friends with hakan in late 2015 early 2016 and now has a shit ton of unleaked as well.

they teased the TNC demo, SB demo, and many other things.

whats his @ now

giphy.gif

I can't really get behind the idea that her label pushes her to do things she doesn't want to in regard with her albums (at least after Paradise) If they did she wouldn't have released UV or HM. She's clearly in control of her career whether we like it or not lol

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I think it'd really depend on how the album would sound, but if she was going to bloom LDR6 through LfL, then I'd love like a warmer strawberry blonde comeback, with touches of 1970's fashion. 

c8040545d9b63b923e673d209838cd28.jpg il_fullxfull.821531568_308y.jpgd215d5f62c5e826b3e887f335d42dad0--caftan

why would lana need a stylist or make her own decision whether what to wear if she has fans that can do it for her

giphy.gif

I really hope that at some point in her career she releases a collection of her leaked songs, rather than a "best of" album. Because let's face it: her leaks  have "defined" her career, had us talking of her, almost more than her official singles. It would be a great way for her to aknowledge some of her past songs.

​I really hope that LDR6 is made of a couple of new songs and of unleaked ones that were scrapped form past records and are in the same vein / themes as the new ones.

His Q & A session on Insta is hard to difference when he is serious or when he is sarcastic. He mentions a lot of interesting stuff (The "Mary (Scared of Me)" song caught  my attention), though.

​i wish I live to see the day when I will be able to hear all the scrapped songs from her previous records :flutter: 

I can't really get behind the idea that her label pushes her to do things she doesn't want to in regard with her albums (at least after Paradise) If they did she wouldn't have released UV or HM. She's clearly in control of her career whether we like it or not lol

Interscope seems to be a record company giving a lot of latitude to its artists, especially when they are somewhat successful. And the whole "May-26- drama- finally pushed to July 21" tends to go in that direction: I doubt other record companies would have accepted so many changes in the track listing over the weeks if they had not given Lana full artistic control over the albums.

​We know for sure that they didn't like the UV album at first because they didn't seen any single potential to the songs. But Dan Auerbach kinda weighed in with Lana, and the rest is history.