Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Ok, the following are rumors only!!! And I don't give much credit to them, honestly. But hey, we are all bored and this will feed the thread a little more lol.

- On Instagram, fans speculate that Lana will release LDR6 on her birthday. This is very unlikely since her birthday in on June 21 and albums are released on Fridays. But hey, I thought it would be cool if someday she released something on her birthday.

- Honeymouns is back on Insta and has a source «working with Lana» and the sound of LDR6 would be «dark synth pop». Again, I don't fully trust this, and even if it's true, she could change the direction of the album at the last minute. 

I saw this! I was skeptical but it sounds like a direction Lana would be willing to go towards...but I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lol I'm really not expecting an album this year. Mid 2019 maybe

Also I feel it will be my least favorite album from her. I really dislike the HIAB clip, and I find Antonoff's production very underwhelming. I wish she would go back to a dark rock sound when it looks like she's heading towards uplifting pop. Whatever tho

Lol I'm really not expecting an album this year. Mid 2019 maybe

And what about the "watch out for new music" at the Milan show?

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Chuck Grant  needs to do all of the videos for the new album

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I think they were joking/being sarcastic. I’m more interested about how they said Mary (SOM) was supposedly a demo from UV that was reworked for LFL.

honeymoons story said he posted a link to Mary on a random Selena Gomez fan site. If he’s serious that’s so messy

Ok, the following are rumors only!!! And I don't give much credit to them, honestly. But hey, we are all bored and this will feed the thread a little more lol.

- Honeymouns is back on Insta and has a source «working with Lana» and the sound of LDR6 would be «dark synth pop». Again, I don't fully trust this, and even if it's true, she could change the direction of the album at the last minute. 

If she's working on something along synthpop, I hope that she's more into the new romantic style (like depeche mode or even some Bowie songs), and I think that she'll do a great work if she's more into this vibe. But, if she's doing the "new synthpop" that is something like Taylor Swift, Halsey, or some other mainstream artist, I'll be very disappointed. I mean, I know that she should do what makes her happy, but we know that Lana had a lot of trouble with her label, and maybe they're pushing her into the mainstream, which is bad bc most of the mainstram songs are meant to be sold like a product, and not to be something different, that make us think or get into different genres/artists. I'm not saying that a mainstream artist can't do something artistic (Lady Gaga did, Madonna, Grace Jones, Cher, etc... too), but it's a minority that can make something authentic and be innovative.

No tea, no shade, do you guys really think that Katy Perry, TS, Halsey, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande (btw, I know that she have an AMAZING voice, but that is not the same thing as being innovative) are authentic or innovative? They literally follow the same formula, both in the structure of the lyrics and in the sound of the music.

Just to make it clear, I'm not against mainstream music (something I listen to Britney Spears, and I do think that she's an ICON), but I see Lana as an alt-pop artist, and I think that she does that wonderfully. 

Wait I’m literally going insane. I swear I heard her say “and I still love you” in that video when she missed the chorus :deadbanana:

Edit: Instagram has had this bug lately where a video on another page sometimes plays alongside the video I’m trying to watch. I think another random video of her singing “and I still love you” may have been playing in the background when I was watching that LFL performance. Mess, I thought she was in a state of mind.mp3 and forgot that she reworked LFL for a quick second :rip: x 100

Wait... dark synth-pop!? so wtf is HIAB (this is such an ugly song)

I wish she'll do dark pop, it will be cool after two such quiet albums, and I wouldn't be mad to see Lana back in the mainstream

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

Wasn't dark synth pop kind of what LFL was going to be initially? 

kinda but remember lana is a gemini

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

If she's working on something along synthpop, I hope that she's more into the new romantic style (like depeche mode or even some Bowie songs), and I think that she'll do a great work if she's more into this vibe. But, if she's doing the "new synthpop" that is something like Taylor Swift, Halsey, or some other mainstream artist, I'll be very disappointed. I mean, I know that she should do what makes her happy, but we know that Lana had a lot of trouble with her label, and maybe they're pushing her into the mainstream, which is bad bc most of the mainstram songs are meant to be sold like a product, and not to be something different, that make us think or get into different genres/artists. I'm not saying that a mainstream artist can't do something artistic (Lady Gaga did, Madonna, Grace Jones, Cher, etc... too), but it's a minority that can make something authentic and be innovative.

No tea, no shade, do you guys really think that Katy Perry, TS, Halsey, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande (btw, I know that she have an AMAZING voice, but that is not the same thing as being innovative) are authentic or innovative? They literally follow the same formula, both in the structure of the lyrics and in the sound of the music.

Just to make it clear, I'm not against mainstream music (something I listen to Britney Spears, and I do think that she's an ICON), but I see Lana as an alt-pop artist, and I think that she does that wonderfully. 

I agree with you. Not sure if hat sound would be good for her, and not sure if it's any true, honestly. 

I doubt her label will push her into doing something more mainstream since she her fanbase is growing with each record. She is, after all, the 7th most streamed female singer on the planet :D

She took off gently, maybe more slowly than others, but she has earned the respect and love of millions of people over the years. Interscope will probably let her do her own thing, for the most parts. 

kinda but remember lana is a gemini

hell yeah. I am a Gemini as well, and fuck we are always torn between two opposites.