Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I think we ain't getting SHIT this year

lanal derye is going to spend the rest of her year drinking coffee and breaking her phone screen 

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I think we ain't getting SHIT this year

lanal derye is going to spend the rest of her year drinking coffee and breaking her phone screen 

Like I said before, it depends if the initial vision of the album is still the same as in January (to have an album made of new songs and of unreleased and unleaked ones). If it is still the case, it is possible we might get an album by the end of summer (5-6  new songs aren't that much - we already know the existence of three of them- and our girl has at least 5 or 6 unreleased and unleaked ones lol).

But if the vision changed, if she is going with 100% new content, although she is super productive, I doubt we'll see a new album in 2018. 

And I know she loves to tease, but it would be  plain cruelty to tease Happiness is... in March to have it released in 2019 :(

We are always complaining that we get no news, nothing is happening etc,etc. Until BOOM Lana hits us with something and everybody goes 'ooooh that was why she was quiet".  Silent Lana is good Lana, it means there are things in the working.

We could get an EP this year but i really don't think we'll get an album at least until this time next year

Look how things come out when theyre rushed (cough Coachella). We don't need an album of Coachella and WMs with "tourlyfe baby" lyrics

Like I said before, it depends if the initial vision of the album is still the same as in January (to have an album made of new songs and of unreleased and unleaked ones). If it is still the case, it is possible we might get an album by the end of summer (5-6  new songs aren't that much - we already know the existence of three of them- and our girl has at least 5 or 6 unreleased and unleaked ones lol).

But if the vision changed, if she is going with 100% new content, although she is super productive, I doubt we'll see a new album in 2018. 

And I know she loves to tease, but it would be  plain cruelty to tease Happiness is... in March to have it released in 2019 :(

that's what is going to happen, probably 'Happiness shit butter flies' is going to be released in 2019 

We are always complaining that we get no news, nothing is happening etc,etc. Until BOOM Lana hits us with something and everybody goes 'ooooh that was why she was quiet".  Silent Lana is good Lana, it means there are things in the working.

silent lana is good lana ogslkgdl lmao im laughing i don't know why, i agree with you tho but that was funny tbh

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I think, just because I kind of now associate them with the LFL era, I'd prefer another afterthought EP/Paradise situation where she releases the tracks she's already teased, has one or two videos, goes on another tour (though probably smaller than the one she was just on), and then takes some time to come up with a brand new concept. idk why, I just have a feeling some of these outtakes/unreleased songs are going to feel out of place if she tries to tag them along with a brand new full-length album. 

We could get an EP this year but i really don't think we'll get an album at least until this time next year

Look how things come out when theyre rushed (cough Coachella). We don't need an album of Coachella and WMs with "tourlyfe baby" lyrics

Ok but if you think about it Paradise UV and HM were all rushed

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

It's not fair to say they were rushed just because they were put out in such a short time, as long as the record is released when it's naturally ready (which seems to be the case for these albums).

from what we know Lana is quite a prolific songwriter, this is just the pace she works at. 

She told a fan she was working on new music at the pop up shows, she said "watch out for new music" at the tour. she teased RBFY again and a brand new song (HIAB).

She is obviously releasing LDR6 this year

giphy.gif

Only parts of Lust For Life felt rushed though, nothing on Paradise, UV, and HM felt rushed.

I think Lana seemed afraid to step out of her comfort zone on this album.

Ultraviolence is the best album ever made and the next will probably not gonna top it. I wish it will but at the same time don't but anyway the last previous two albums didn't lived to its name

ZKcaooE.png

Hoping she gets into an exciting relationship that provides a fresh source of inspiration for her musically. I really hope she finds someone like Barrie considering just how much character he added to Lana’s lyrics/songwriting, but without the negative baggage. She was literally serving Helen Keller when she wrote Shades of Cool and Black Beauty. Lyrical masterpieces!