Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I feel like LDR6 would pick up the sound of Get free..happy and positive but still slightly depressing, kinda stripped back but also quite upbeat and, yes, more pop-y oriented. I don't see how Lana would make some sad, dark upbeat songs since now she doesn't really have anything sad to talk about. I don't even know what she would be writing about in this album, it seems like nothing else is happening in her life, besides being happy, writing and singing for her ''kids'' (ew)  and going out with friends. (She went out with Marina and her dancers several times as we've seen from instagram posts, she's having fun with Jack in the studio) 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I feel like LDR6 would pick up the sound of Get free..happy and positive but still slightly depressing, kinda stripped back but also quite upbeat and, yes, more pop-y oriented. I don't see how Lana would make some sad, dark upbeat songs since now she doesn't really have anything sad to talk about. I don't even know what she would be writing about in this album, it seems like nothing else is happening in her life, besides being happy and going out with friends. (She went out with Marina and her dancers several times as we've seen from instagram posts, she's having fun with Jack in the studio) 

how can you know what it's really going on in her life? you're assuming "nothing is happening in her life" just cause she posted pictures with friends on instagram? you know that people on social media only share what they want you to see, right? we don't know what it's happening in her life and we aren't supposed to know. i hope she's fine and i really think y'all care way too much about the "depressed/happy songs" subject. let her be, she's gonna write about whatever the fuck she wants to and fuck if it's sad or happy, who caaaaaaaaaaareeeeeeeeesssss

how can you know what it's really going on in her life? you're assuming "nothing is happening in her life" just cause she posted pictures with friends on instagram? you know that people on social media only share what they want you to see, right? we don't know what it's happening in her life and we aren't supposed to know. i hope she's fine and i really think y'all care way too much about the "depressed/happy songs" subject. let her be, she's gonna write about whatever the fuck she wants to and fuck if it's sad or happy, who caaaaaaaaaaareeeeeeeeesssss

Yes, I know that.

Obviously I have no clue what's really happening in her life but that's the point. that's why nobody has any idea about what this next album could be about. Before Honeymoon we all knew about her not so great relationship with Francesco and after they broke up, we kinda expected love songs on the album. Before Ultraviolence we all knew about the rocky relationship with Barrie, so everyone kinda knew that on the new album there would be love songs,or whatever. Before LFL we knew about the relationship with G-Eazy and that the political shift in the US affected her, so again, we kinda knew what LFL would have been about. You know what I mean. But right now, we really don't know anything about what's on her mind. 

I was just curious what this new album could be about, because yes, I care, that's all 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Yes, I know that.

Obviously I have no clue what's really happening in her life but that's the point. that's why nobody has any idea about what this next album could be about. Before Honeymoon we all knew about her not so great relationship with Francesco and after they broke up, we kinda expected love songs on the album. Before Ultraviolence we all knew about the break up with Barrie, so everyone kinda knew that on the new album there would be love songs, or break up songs or whatever. Before LFL we knew about the relationship with G-Eazy and that the political shift in the US affected her, so again, we kinda knew what LFL would have been about. You know what I mean. But right now, we really don't know anything about what's on her mind. 

I was just curious what this new album could be about, because yes, I care, that's all 

Yes, but you said she can't write sad songs because she's happy hanging out with friends... that's incorrect, we don't know her deepest feelings and emotions so we can't assume anything at all about the stuff she's writing.

Also about the album, we don't know anything yet because Lana didn't share very much about it since she's still recording it, while for the others she told us what was going on in her mind, nobody expected political songs before she talked about them so, she's still in the early stage of making an album now so all we got to do is wait, without assuming anything. At least we know Lana wrote the most beautiful songs, since she said so on instagram a while ago, there's really no need to worry.

She's always been pop lol

No she hasn't lol. Would you seriously consider any of UV or HM pop?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

remember that time she brought back real instruments on tomorrow never came and y'all hated it 

because the song sucked and she collabed with a wannabe his trash father

putting on 3 different types of reverb and using electric guitars doesn't make her become björk or smth.

i76mrxw.png 

I feel like lyrically Lana will write more about sexuality. I know some of her lyrics have always been somewhat hyper-sexual but I feel like with LDR6 she'll delve deeper into that topic without being overly vulgar. I don't know tbh. She'll probably write about anything but she has an interesting mind. She can turn the most normal topics into something much more deeper.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

putting on 3 different types of reverb and using electric guitars doesn't make her become björk or smth.

I know but pop is basically popular music aka mainstream, easy listening radio type of music. I love pop but it's offensive and disrespectful to say that Lana makes pop music when she actually doesn't. LFL is generally an alternative kind of pop, same with born to die. But the rest of her music, such as paradise, UV and HM are 100% alternative. The only real pop music lana has ever done is her unreleased collections

but it's not pop music either so...

but it's not pop music either so...

it's pretty much alt-pop idek why anyone would argue about this. pop music doesn't only mean bad romance by lady gaga.

i76mrxw.png 

Yes, alternative POP. 

it's pretty much alt-pop idek why anyone would argue about this. pop music doesn't only mean bad romance by lady gaga.

This. There's a whole world of music out there, and if people would actually listen to things outside of their comfort zone they would realize Lana makes POP music. 

I know but pop is basically popular music aka mainstream, easy listening radio type of music. I love pop but it's offensive and disrespectful to say that Lana makes pop music when she actually doesn't. LFL is generally an alternative kind of pop, same with born to die. But the rest of her music, such as paradise, UV and HM are 100% alternative. The only real pop music lana has ever done is her unreleased collections

Oh god, don't be so pretentious. Ask any music reviewer in the world who actually knows a lot about music, and the first thing they'll tell you is Lana Del Rey is a POP artist and Ultraviolence/Honeymoon are alternative POP albums.  :facepalm: Pop is not synonymous with mainstream. Even Bjork is considered an alternative POP artist

Although much of the music that appears on record charts is seen as pop music, the genre is distinguished from chart music. Pop music is eclectic, and often borrows elements from other styles such as urbandancerockLatin, and country; nonetheless, there are core elements that define pop music. Identifying factors include generally short to medium-length songs written in a basic format (often the verse-chorus structure), as well as common use of repeated choruses, melodic tunes, and hooks.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

IDK why everyone is so concerned about the 'sound.' Lana has shown she can work with almost any sound in almost any genre. L4L wasn't weak because it had a 'poppy' sound, it was weak because it had weak concept and weak lyrics. She's an incredible songwriter and that's what I want to see again with this next album - if she nails that, production won't matter nearly as much as y'all seem to think it will.  

giphy.gif

Swan Song really is the best song of all time huh

Jack AntoNOff can choke

I love Honeymoon and all that but you gotta sit down

It doesn't matter what genre she is or what she's doing she's a decent person with an interesting concept here and there and that's why we respect her at all times

Does it really matter if you tell your friends you listen to alt music while they are in reality extremely aware of the fact that you just play 3 lana albums a day lol

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

remember that time she brought back real instruments on tomorrow never came and y'all hated it

Still one of her best songs with wonderful production :oprah3:

8nl2OpX.png

I'm just really hoping that we don't have another music video situation with the original song to go along with it ends up being scrapped or used for something else.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif