Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Honestly, you have to listen to this song with headphones on. Lana is on it the whole time, singing pretty much all the lines. It’s better than her doing the « hey’s » on God Save Our Young Blood. And the lyrics are nice!

does she not like doing features i don't get it why does this keep happening lol

I think it has more to do with the fact that Lana is not a vain big-shot singer. Her approach seems to be: how would you like me on this song? What does the song need?

She seems to let the artist lead and respect the direction needed, rather than impose her presence. It is very sweet indeed, but kinda lets us on our appetite in such a drought lol

Her feature with Cat Power is BEAUTIFUL... the song "Woman" the lyrics apply so well to Lana, and the ending chorus you can hear lana singing behind Cat's voice... stunning

The beginning of the song reminds me of Kill Kill, in a way!

The only acceptable collabs are:

1. Jesse Rutherford (The Neighbourhood)

2. Father John Misty

3. Marina and the Diamonsds

4. Cigarettes After Sex

5. Jesse Jo Stark

6. Zella Day

7. Isaac Gracie

8. Lenny Kravitz

9. Joan Baez

10. Bob Dylan

THIS is mature. Lana can't be heard doing a collab with CLAIRO OR BILLIE, they're too early in their career i feel for an actual Lana collab. they're just not on the same level

giphy.gif

omg i hope not - she'll start singing cheesy kiddy lullaby's for the rest of her career if she has a baby, say goodbye to controversial bops :defeated:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

THIS is mature. Lana can't be heard doing a collab with CLAIRO OR BILLIE, they're too early in their career i feel for an actual Lana collab. they're just not on the same level

ye i was partly kidding i was just naming artists i liked

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think it has more to do with the fact that Lana is not a vain big-shot singer. Her approach seems to be: how would you like me on this song? What does the song need?

She seems to let the artist lead and respect the direction needed, rather than impose her presence. It is very sweet indeed, but kinda lets us on our appetite in such a drought lol

that's true, she's not and I respect that, but why does the song always just "need" her to sing a few words and/or have her vocals deep in the mix? I think the stargirl collab is a great example of how you can get your own verses and add to the song and compliment/contrast each other as artists without taking away or imposing on the main artist's song. idk, just personal preference, but I like when two artists use a collab opportunity to make something they wouldn't have been able to make just by themselves, and a lot of the features Lana has done this year feel like they (the main artists) are just throwing in a few of her vocals so they can get the ft. Lana Del Rey stamp for more sales/streams. but i mean it's a minor thing, and if Lana's happy just making music with people she likes, that's all that is important i guess. 

Maybe Chan will be on LDR6 (playing guitar on Disco)?

LDR's conception of a (singing) feature tends to give a lot more than she ever gets from other people's conception of a singing feature with respect to her. LFL is sort of underrated for that.

On an official Lana Del Rey album, Lana does more than 50% of everything. The other artists are always featured, a feature is less. The song is totally Lana's.

On other people's albums, she is the one featured

though Tomorrow Never Comes is as close to an actual duet as they come (see: "Don't go breaking my heart" Elton & Kiki where they trade lines equally for a duet like that

or Suzi Quatro/Chris Norman "Stumblin In")

btw, on this weeks chart "Yosemite" debuts at #24  however...…(there is a caveat with that lol :P )

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

People are saying she's pregnant? Idk but they're talking about this pic

Dkqf58jXsAEYCK1.jpg

that don't look look like just a food belly omfg....

edit: just realised it's photoshopped. ignore me.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven