Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

weren't we speculating that bartender was that intro part of Whitemustang during the like second to last part of the tour. 

said hold it up, hold it up

Hold it up baby for me

Shake it up, shake it up

If you wait a minute I'll be back

if its anything like that its gonna be a fave,

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Headphones 99% of the time. Also I just want to say that Honeymoon sounds heavenly with headphones on, especially if you're laying down for bed (or high).

can confirm

*inserts omg I’m so random gif*

That gif truly represents Lana's personality and her entire life basically 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

A wish: LDR7 will feature a ballad named 'Anna Nicole Smith'

Get ready for when she's making folk albums under her name Elizabeth W Grant and has a ballad named 'Lana Del Rey' - the Hollywood starlet that once was

I haven’t checked the calendar, but these dates are plausible if they are on a Friday. Music albums are released in a Friday (except for a few exceptions, like Radiohead or Beyoncé who don’t need any kind of publicity to have bestsellers).

i didn't even think of that!

i checked and jan 12 is a saturday (put this because didnt btd come out then so maybe she would do a thing with that)

feb 27 is a weds

and march 8 is a FRIDAY so BET

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

The thing about her poetry book that interests me most (other than whether she'll do it) is whether she's going to have it widely considered by a possible reading public (e.g., kindle pub between .99 and 9.99, where she can get 70% of the royalties), as opposed to just an expensive (physical) collectible that mainly ardent fans would pursue. Of course, both options can happen (they're not mutually exclusive). I also wonder if Chuck is going to be involved photographically.

I hope she keeps Chuck away from that

Get ready for when she's making folk albums under her name Elizabeth W Grant and has a ballad named 'Lana Del Rey' - the Hollywood starlet that once was

Just made me think, I wonder if she will publish her poetry under a name like that E. W. Grant. It sounds quite good.

if we gotta wait til march...

those 9 other tracks better be the best goddamn things she's ever done

Not to be a hater, bc I actually love the concept of Bartender being an actual song, bc socializing, the atmosphere, touch and go etc. but well aside from the purported WM intros from the past tour, that wasn't really proven to b anything (yet?), what other actual proof do we have about the track even making past Lana's idea stage? 

Is Norman Fucking Rockwell gonna be another American album? Might b silly to say since Lana strongly considers herself to be American, and that's fine, I've appreciated her vision, but will it delve into politics like she did w Lfl? Bartender the song, stringed w the idea of Rockwell as an American artist, idk makes me think of the Titanic, and the 1920s (?). Bc well then I'd be reluctant... 

I wouldn't mind if she further delved from Paradise's roots, American, the track is one of the most beautiful most nostalgic tracks that I love from hers so I wouldn't mind. 

The snippets we've gotten so far, have been amazing, and pretty balanced, so at least we know the album's gonna be solid for the most part. Venice B and M Apartment Complex were so beautiful. HIAB's actualy a favorite too. Cinnamon reminds me a little bit of a calmer Maha Maha for some reason. HtD, like a Lana and Leonard Cohen lovechild, so I can understand the piano heaviness. Imo playing w the piano makes some of the most beautiful melodies so yesss. 

We need some more visuals, Gucci campaign aside, to really fuel us towards the record, that's coming just at most, 4 months away. We'll have the holidays sure, so yay! It'll probably subside a bit when Feb rolls around.. I wonder when she'll start promoting, and how. March might be too far away, and I hope everything's been running smoothly as to not delay the record. I think it'd just amplify how beautiful Venice Bitch is if she released around the time of mid Feb, cheeky if she released a promo single around Valentine's, or gave it to us in full before then. March as a release range of date, makes me think of over polishing, so I hope we get it as fresh as Lana sees it.

and honestly, I wanna know more about how the color pink might fit into this. Totally random but, I just love the juxtaposition of greys and pink, coldness and warmth, color and the absence of it, the seriousness of black and white, and the playfulness of pink so on. 2 cents 

UV/Honeymoon

What I’d like to know is why she’s gone all quiet all of the sudden. She’s posted once or twice about random other shit but we haven’t heard anything about the album since she sang How To Disappear which is confirmed for the album but it was kind of a random performance without an official single release... idk why she didn’t sing MAC but instead chose How To Disappear to perform without releasing it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Not to be a hater, bc I actually love the concept of Bartender being an actual song, bc socializing, the atmosphere, touch and go etc. but well aside from the purported WM intros from the past tour, that wasn't really proven to b anything (yet?), what other actual proof do we have about the track even making past Lana's idea stage?

Is Norman Fucking Rockwell gonna be another American album? Might b silly to say since Lana strongly considers herself to be American, and that's fine, I've appreciated her vision, but will it delve into politics like she did w Lfl? Bartender the song, stringed w the idea of Rockwell as an American artist, idk makes me think of the Titanic, and the 1920s (?). Bc well then I'd be reluctant...

I wouldn't mind if she further delved from Paradise's roots, American, the track is one of the most beautiful most nostalgic tracks that I love from hers so I wouldn't mind.

The snippets we've gotten so far, have been amazing, and pretty balanced, so at least we know the album's gonna be solid for the most part. Venice B and M Apartment Complex were so beautiful. HIAB's actualy a favorite too. Cinnamon reminds me a little bit of a calmer Maha Maha for some reason. HtD, like a Lana and Leonard Cohen lovechild, so I can understand the piano heaviness. Imo playing w the piano makes some of the most beautiful melodies so yesss.

We need some more visuals, Gucci campaign aside, to really fuel us towards the record, that's coming just at most, 4 months away. We'll have the holidays sure, so yay! It'll probably subside a bit when Feb rolls around.. I wonder when she'll start promoting, and how. March might be too far away, and I hope everything's been running smoothly as to not delay the record. I think it'd just amplify how beautiful Venice Bitch is if she released around the time of mid Feb, cheeky if she released a promo single around Valentine's, or gave it to us in full before then. March as a release range of date, makes me think of over polishing, so I hope we get it as fresh as Lana sees it.

and honestly, I wanna know more about how the color pink might fit into this. Totally random but, I just love the juxtaposition of greys and pink, coldness and warmth, color and the absence of it, the seriousness of black and white, and the playfulness of pink so on. 2 cents

If I’m correct she mentioned that Bartender was a weird track, but if I recall correctly she also wanted to do a video for it. It’s probably one of the first Jack tracks as well as they started working in December & this one was mentioned around the Grammys (February). I don’t know if it will ever be released, but if what I remember is true & that she already wanted a video for it at such an early stage of the record I could only assume it’s a definite track to make the record. If anything it could pull a Yosemite or it could end up being the “Florida Kilos, High By The Beach, Off To The Races, Cola, Coachella” of the record since it is a “weirder” track. Just by the description alone it makes me curious as to the sound of it as well. Definitely, one of my most anticipated from her.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Can someone remind me about Bartender? What do we know about it apart from when it might have been written? I'm not exited for it at all because I have no idea what it is about, can someone fill me in? I only remember reading people here hoping that the lyrics would be like a monologue to a bartender or something.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Can someone remind me about Bartender? What do we know about it apart from when it might have been written? I'm not exited for it at all because I have no idea what it is about, can someone fill me in? I only remember reading people here hoping that the lyrics would be like a monologue to a bartender or something.

She said in some interview last winter that she has a “weird” track called Bartender that “didn’t belong to a record yet”

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Ok... anything else? :tsk:

She said she wants to give it a music video

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You