ArtDecoDelRey

COCC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA
  • Fan Since:2014

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:35 PM

Is it a reach to speculate that TNBAR would have been a single from L4L, considering that the mv for White Mustang was most likely for the song?

no, not at all. I still really wish that the original BAR was on this record, it would've been a standout whereas the version we got on NFR only serves to make the second half of the album bloated

• prettywhenicry and godsmonster like this

giphy.gif

#17062 OFFLINE   godsmonster

godsmonster

tainted angel lost in hell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:48 PM

no, not at all. I still really wish that the original BAR was on this record, it would've been a standout whereas the version we got on NFR only serves to make the second half of the album bloated

the way she just lazily added the "we played" when she songs about playing the Eagles down at Malibu makes my ears bleed, it sounds so bad

like she could have sang it in the same vocal take as the rest of that verse but

• prettywhenicry and ArtDecoDelRey like this

Ayg9S4A.png

#17063 OFFLINE   99centlips

99centlips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:08 AM

she should’ve made this album in 2 parts like Marina L+F. Everyone would’ve gotten what they wanted and it definitely would’ve sounded more cohesive

#17064 OFFLINE   Serene Queen

Serene Queen

You Have No Idea What I’ve Imagined Myself Saying to You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts
  • LocationA fabulous land beyond the maps
  • Fan Since:Before time

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:51 PM

Y’all gonna cancel me but I think Coachella is good. I wouldn’t call it gorgeous per se, but I don’t think it’s bad by any means
  • GeminiLanaFan, recklessdaughter, sjatib and 3 others like this

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

#17065 ONLINE   Mer Boy

Mer Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationVancouver/Malibu
  • Fan Since:2011

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:57 PM

what's with the Get Free hate? 

• GeminiLanaFan and MXDH like this

catch a wave, and take in the sweetness

#17066 OFFLINE   Lucas B.

Lucas B.

Venice Bitch

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationMy bedroom, Sao Paulo - Brazil
  • Fan Since:Born To Die: The Paradise Edition

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:18 PM

Y’all gonna cancel me but I think Coachella is good. I wouldn’t call it gorgeous per se, but I don’t think it’s bad by any means

I just luv the Coachella performances, wish we could see her there this year. Corona I despise you!!!
  • Serene Queen likes this

original.gif

#17067 OFFLINE   Ultra Violet

Ultra Violet

Cult Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts
  • Fan Since:2012

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:41 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=HNsrio1DE1I

This guy does good reviews. He only has NFR to go so ill be interested if he really thinks it's her best. 

This is a pretty fair LFL review. I would disagree when he says there are some tracks on this that are up there with her best, but when he says if you made your own album out of this tracklist, it would be perfect, i agree with that. LFL could have made a really sweet and fun album, plus a 'political-focused' EP and id have been happy.

1. Love 
  2. Lust For Life
  3. 13 Beaches
  4. Cherry
  5. White Mustang
  6. Summer Bummer
  7. Groupie Love
  8. In My Feelings
  9. Tomorrow Never Came
  10. Heroin
  11. Get Free
  12. Spoiler

1. Woodstock In My Mind
  2. God Bless America 
  3. When The World Was At War
  4. Beautiful People
  5. Change

• GeminiLanaFan likes this

#17068 OFFLINE   ArtDecoDelRey

ArtDecoDelRey

COCC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:34 PM

It's perfect weather where I live right now, and I just went outside in my backyard and listened to this album front to back. although it is my least favorite of hers, i think i don't give it enough credit. Groupie Love was a song that really came out of nowhere on that listen and now I feel like it's one of my favorites?? Also I've concluded that the only songs on this album that i genuinely do not enjoy are the title track (fuck you max martin) and white mustang. the last minute of coachella SORT OF saves it

• GeminiLanaFan, Pico Boulevard and Mer Boy like this

giphy.gif

#17069 ONLINE   GeminiLanaFan

GeminiLanaFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Fan Since:2012

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:45 PM

It's perfect weather where I live right now, and I just went outside in my backyard and listened to this album front to back. although it is my least favorite of hers, i think i don't give it enough credit. Groupie Love was a song that really came out of nowhere on that listen and now I feel like it's one of my favorites?? Also I've concluded that the only songs on this album that i genuinely do not enjoy are the title track (fuck you max martin) and white mustang. the last minute of coachella SORT OF saves it

It doesn't deserve all the backlash it receives here. I said it before, and many times, but although I loooovveee HM, we needed something a bit more diverse for her next project. Many here listen to the demos of the songs and wish LFL sounded like that: I'm sorry, but it would have been a «toned down» HM, which would have bored the rest of the world. 

• ArtDecoDelRey and Pico Boulevard like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users