Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

can we get u banned from the site  :w8ing:

he was just spilling tea

her worst released song is cola and this is the tea

and ya'll say i have the worst taste

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I don't know what to think about the whole «drama» that seems to be happening with Lana lately on her insta and Twitter. 

She has deleted the HIaB snippet... But didn't she do the same with some LFL ones and got them up again after that? Maybe she will put ut up again... 

The fact that she deactivated the comments section doesn't surprise me at all... I am not a big follower of stars other than Lana, so I have nothing else to compare to, but God some of her «fans» are awful. I mean, we have the easy job: to sit here on our asses and wait for new music. She has to come up with the whole thing and she gets criticized for it more often than not. And some of her fans are just so patronizing and bullies: Do this, do that, record that, do that peculiar style, don't be happy, don't wear that, don't do that to your hair. She doesn't have to report to us in any way. If we are not happy with what we hear, we have to take the high road and unstan rather than «bully» her. 

the drama of expectations in pre-release is part of the fun, I get it and enjoy it, but I learned that I have to let her do her own thing, let her come through with what music she believes in at the moment, and not have my expectations too high on a date, or a peculiar style or mindset. It is only then that I am able to enjoy the new stuff coming out, though it might be different from what I had expected in the beginning. 

This is the TRUTH! Lock this thread and make this the last statement

giphy.gif

the teasing of HIAB so early is probably the most annoying thing, besides the potential Cherry video being scrapped, Lana has done. she IS her own person absolutely and has the right to do whatever, but it sucks as fans to have hope built up and don't have a concluding product soon. being a Lana fan though DOES come with the heartbreak of false hope.

giphy.gif

the teasing of HIAB so early is probably the most annoying thing, besides the potential Cherry video being scrapped, Lana has done. she IS her own person absolutely and has the right to do whatever, but it sucks as fans to have hope built up and don't have a concluding product soon. being a Lana fan though DOES come with the heartbreak of false hope.

You're definitely right but to be fair the HIAB snippet did not give me that much hopes

ZKcaooE.png

Lana Del Rayes deletes all her instagram posts and creates a beautiful feed matching colors etc

LDR6 Aesthetic

I can't tell if you're joking but there's kind of an aesthetic in the first nine-ish posts

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

It has been like this since... forever nnn

Dark Paradise

Cola

Ultraviolence (Original)

Cherry wasn't the first and probably won't be the last and at same time I don't really blame her at ALL. Of course it's annoying but sometimes things just don't work and people change their minds or songs don't work at all or whatever reason to get things scrapped

I get why some might be annoyed that the Cherry video got scrapped. It is a great song that should have been a single with airplay and all. But I prefer when she concentrates on creating new music. 

Honestly, I don't care that much for her videos since UV. To me, the ones that really mattered were the ones that she did for BTD and Paradise. Sure, the UV, HM and LFL videos were all beautiful and all, but they were not as emblematic as the ones before that. Plus her early videos helped cement her iconography and imagery. Nowadays, her videos are more a mean to promote the visuals of the era rather than to establish her as an icon. 

It's not the first time that some of her songs did not get the videos she talked about earlier on. Lana has a long history of not realizing how long a good music video takes lol. 

I am bit more frustrated when she teases songs that never see the light of day, at least in my earbuds lol.

Waiting For Music Videos That Will Never Happen Or If They End Up Really Happening There Are Big Possibilities Of Them Being Recycled Or Just Anticlimatic is a Butterfly

First, people saying that HM is better than UV, now people slandering Cola, jesus LanaBoards

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I get why some might be annoyed that the Cherry video got scrapped. It is a great song that should have been a single with airplay and all. But I prefer when she concentrates on creating new music. 

Honestly, I don't care that much for her videos since UV. To me, the ones that really mattered were the ones that she did for BTD and Paradise. Sure, the UV, HM and LFL videos were all beautiful and all, but they were not as emblematic as the ones before that. Plus her early videos helped cement her iconography and imagery. Nowadays, her videos are more a mean to promote the visuals of the era rather than to establish her as an icon. 

It's not the first time that some of her songs did not get the videos she talked about earlier on. Lana has a long history of not realizing how long a good music video takes lol. 

I am bit more frustrated when she teases songs that never see the light of day, at least in my earbuds lol.

agreed, i think also fans may get flustered at how she teases new music when the era still feels like it hasn't concluded.

giphy.gif

What I absolutely need in my life is Lana to produce an entire lofi chillhop instrumental album, no singing, just samplings of her soft speaking voice. Make fun of me but I would die to know what it would sound like

ZKcaooE.png