partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Id still consider these versions REAL, tbh.. and actually just 2016 reworks done independently from Lana… though under the guise of very malicious intentions, they’re still at least reworked by those who did the original versions or had a hand in them! Rushed work and poor qualify kinda hurts to know but its still interesting to see and hear this..

Someday I hope we can hear what LANA intended though. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

what the fuck

this is why the leak boycott needs to happen not even @111 can fucking tell the truth

this might be an unpopular opinion but even though the the lying and lack of “real” versions of songs is frustrating … i’d rather live in a world where we have fine china your girl and yth edited rather than nothing at all

sUcVobB.png

8 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

The only real versions of Yes to Heaven you have are James Ford, that's still UV and STINT that's already for HM.

You have no real versions of Fine China and Your Girl. The Patrick Warren mixes of course contain real parts/stems of the demos, but they are also missing many as well as they got filled by new instruments that Patrick added himself for what was missing. It's really crazy that he went with that effort, but it's not unheard of and this opens the door to another thing:

While I don't know about EMGHW or Resistance, Be My Daddy is the exact same case. John Fortis got contacted, probably in similar manner, for the songs they made and since he had no good final version of Be My Daddy he quickly PRODUCED new version himself from the available session in hopes of being picked by Lana for release. So the Be My Daddy version that leaked was also in fact made in 2016.

im fucking crying my whole life is a lie

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

This was a member here who stated ages ago they were mostly stem edits-can’t remember who?

nah im pretty sure before this it was common knowledge of only Your Girl being a stem edit. but we didn't know the severity of it at all until now

1 minute ago, Rose McGowan said:

If they’re not done by the producer, and approved by Lana, they’re fake. 

This isn’t how music works-you can call them fake but someone has still arranged with official production and added some extras who is a collaborater albeit typically a mixer-it’s like me calling anything Lana wasn’t aware was being reworked e.g. Damn You fake.

2 minutes ago, Big Star said:

when they get added to a UV 10th anniversary reissue next year :oprah4:

btd should’ve been the pioneer for this and well it never happened so now we wait to 2031 for the bb 10th anniversary edition featuring rock candy sweet !!

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

this might be an unpopular opinion but even though the the lying and lack of “real” versions of songs is frustrating … i’d rather live in a world where we have fine china your girl and yth edited rather than nothing at all

As an utter fan of unreleased music, the possible scenario of not having anything but registered titles for Fine China, Say Yes to Heaven and Your Girl made me shiver.

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

Now hold on what version of Fine China did she consider for Blue Banisters cause we know she loves a youtube rip :pout:

Fine China (Patrick Warren's Demo) for sure :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Just now, Nikki Lane said:

I understand everyone's mad about these not being Rick/Lana's visions of the songs but they're still something? I'd rather have these Patrick Warren-made mixes in my library than nothing at all of these songs?

i agree! would love to hear the rick versions one day because those are how rick and lana intended them to be but im happy we have these songs anyway (except your girl that song sucks)

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

This isn’t how music works-you can call them fake but someone has still arranged with official production and added some extras who is a collaborater albeit typically a mixer-it’s like me calling anything Lana wasn’t aware was being reworked e.g. Damn You fake.

exactly

Just now, ImenaOphelia said:

can we just forget abt it and pretend like the songs are 100% real

compromise and say they’re 50% real (which is technically true)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Now hold on what version of Fine China did she consider for Blue Banisters cause we know she loves a youtube rip :pout:

Ok ya I am really interested in this too now. Because wasn’t the reason that she didn’t use the legit versions of LL/CB is because they couldn’t find the real files? Or was that a lie?

imagine if she had actually included the leaked version of fine china onto blue banisters and then we find out it's a stem edit mouthcover

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123