partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

4 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

This also might be one of the reasons for other LFL tracklist changes, but I don't know that.

seeing this knowing we’ll probably never get those songs make me so sad :stareney:

4 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Omg sorry again, I meant White Mustang. Piecing all that info is really tiring, my head is exploding today. I think I will stop at least for now

thank you SO MUCH  for all the info you’ve given us! rest well

my reaction to all this summed up:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 minute ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Does anybody wanna make a horizontal TL with reference  pictures of her on xyz dates for us lazy people  visual learners :hooker: plsdontsayme

I’m at work currently but I can possibly hop on later to help if you decide to make something like this. The lore today was unrivaled :lanahairflip2:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

7 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Omg sorry again, I meant White Mustang. Piecing all that info is really tiring, my head is exploding today. I think I will stop at least for now

Do you know how UV sounded before Dan’s involvement? Cause the only demos we have are Dan’s and we know she produced a lot of the songs herself with some help from Lee Foster and obviously the Rick produced original demos (Sad Girl, Shades of Cool…)
That whole process is so interesting cause even just by looking at the UV credits you can tell a few things about the process. For example, West Coast (album version) is not even properly mixed, it’s just the exported bounce. Sad Girl uses the Rick demo vocals which means she discarded the vocal take she did with Dan…

Just now, BartenderDeco said:

didn’t eclipse say he’ll spill some lore later, we need to ask him about lfl since he kinda ruined the whole album!

he said tommorow's evening

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

Now that BOZ has fed us our first course I’m ready for Eclipse to come with the second :blush3:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

me going to sleep knowing i will have to catch up on 30+ pages of this thread tomorrow :hillary:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Interscope better sell Lana's masters to someone she hates so she has to re-record all of them. Can't wait for her to go back to Nashville, get in the studio with Dan and get re-inspired for the follow-up album of Ocean Blvd... 

4 minutes ago, Y512 said:

For example, West Coast (album version) is not even properly mixed, it’s just the exported bounce. Sad Girl uses the Rick demo vocals which means she discarded the vocal take she did with Dan…

West Coast is properly mixed lol, Dan just mixed it himself with Collin, which is why the single version (Rob Orton mix) is different than the album version, it was still being mixed properly and wasn’t completely ready yet when it was time to release the single

Spoiler

i’m very grateful Dan ended up mixing it himself though because the single version is unlistenable sorry 💀

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

West Coast is properly mixed lol, Dan just mixed it himself with Collin, which is why the single version (Rob Orton mix) is different than the album version, it was still being mixed properly and wasn’t completely ready yet when it was time to release the single

Hide contents

i’m very grateful Dan ended up mixing it himself though because the single version is unlistenable sorry 💀

Weird cause there’s absolutely no credit for a Mixing Engineer for West Coast unlike the other songs. Dan also released his version (Dan Auerbach Mix) on Soundcloud a few days after the release and it sounds very different from the album version. 
Also how dare you 💀 the Rob Orton mix is by far superior it’s not even close, I will die on this hill. I will never forgive her for not putting it on the album. 

4 minutes ago, marinasrep said:

do you know what time will it be for europeans please? :defeated:

idk what timezone eclipse lives in so as an european i'm curious too

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

7 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

Interscope better sell Lana's masters to someone she hates so she has to re-record all of them. Can't wait for her to go back to Nashville, get in the studio with Dan and get re-inspired for the follow-up album of Ocean Blvd... 

she owns her masters so not happening