Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Didn't we already get the other version of Summer Bummer? I think if I was going to linger anything else about Lfl post era would be the Beautiful People demo. The lyrics alone just - 

and Idk if this'll aggravate anyone, but I personally love Get Free and Change. I mean shat on them at one point or another, but Change was beautifully delicate in one way or another, and the lyricism behind Get Free's phenomenal. AND i'm a sucker for the beach, so the aftersounds in the track, and the loose beat and slowness of it reminded me of that moment when the sun's bout to get eaten up by the sea, and the waters glisten all golden. Like the last solar flare for the eyes of the day. Wet and warm til ur not. 

Anyway, I'm glad MAC exists sorta thru this vein of her music. 

UV/Honeymoon

I think it is time we have an intervention of your addiction in having really bad and questionable taste in music. 

tenor.gif

drag her omg

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I’m not joking when I say I’ve been playing MAC on repeat the entire day.

I wanted to do that but I was scared I'll get sick of the song so I stopped listening to the song

I’ve tried but I can’t stop! Lana is holding me hostage, someone halp!

off topic but your username made me burst out laughing lmao

“they mistook my kindness for weakness, i fucked up i know that but Jesus, can’t a girl just do the best she can?”

just a fun little theory on this line. what if she’s speaking to her fans here? LFL was supposed to be for the fans, out of her kindness. but a lot of the fans trashed many of the songs on the album, but she really tried her hardest to make a sound she thought we would have loved. she did the best she could. but she apparently, in her eyes, fucked that up. and maybe the harsh lashbacks had made her think some were trying to weaken her down. and so she found a completely new producer to do something brand new.

just a theory. it’s kindof interesting tbh. but definitely a reach lmao

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

“they mistook my kindness for weakness, i fucked up i know that but Jesus, can’t a girl just do the best she can?”

just a fun little theory on this line. what if she’s speaking to her fans here? LFL was supposed to be for the fans, out of her kindness. but a lot of the fans trashed many of the songs on the album, but she really tried her hardest to make a sound she thought we would have loved. she did the best she could. but she apparently, in her eyes, fucked that up. and maybe the harsh lashbacks had made her think some were trying to weaken her down. and so she found a completely new producer to do something brand new.

It makes sense TBH. But I'd rather think this whole song is about that guy she was seeing, rather than fans. I'm done with songs about/for the fans. :P

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

If Lana collabs with Florence i will be so annoyed, i cant stand that Womans scratchy loud voice. eUGHHhhdk

I might not like your taste in music & I love Florence & the Machine - but you're right. Their collab might not sound good at all. They have very different voices & style. The Flo & Gaga collab in Joanne is the worst song on that album.

LFL was received well by critics and was generally loved on twitter. It’s not like the majority of people were calling this album trash and stuff like that. I highhhly doubt she would refer to making an album that just isn’t everyone’s favorite but is still liked as her “fucking up” and “doing the best she can”. The locals on twitter even loved Lust For Life way more than Honeymoon because LFL has more of a pop-ish sound.

lowquality1717981842993.jpg

I disagree, I don't think Lana made LFL specifically for the fans -- she made it for herself first and foremost. The fans came secondary. And even if she did, I don't think she is THAT hot & bothered about what some kids think about her music.

I think she's more referring to some media controversy -- maybe even the Israel fiasco or whatever.

Why dont we talk about the fact that MAC is so poorly mixed lmao. It sounds awful playing through my expensive speakers, it's like it's from the 1950s and not in a good way. You can also very clearly here that annoying scratchy sound behind her voice, the goddamn paper she suddenly loves to sing through. It's even more noticeable than it was in Change

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Why dont we talk about the fact that MAC is so poorly mixed lmao. It sounds awful playing through my expensive speakers, it's like it's from the 1950s and not in a good way. You can also very clearly here that annoying scratchy sound behind her voice, the goddamn paper she suddenly loves to sing through. It's even more noticeable than it was in Change

This is very true! The quality through my earbuds are horrendous :(

I don’t hear anything like that (it’s probably that my earbuds are not good quality :( ) but that made me remember when in ultraviolence I literally got obsessed with hearing Lana’s sighs at the end of every sentence ! XD

Pd: what I can listen in MAC is some background words from Lana at the end, like “damn” :O