Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Am I the only one who doesn’t like it? :-(

dont log off

delete the account

I think Lana is really going back to her natural tone, like it was between her debuts (around 2006) and 2010. Then she started faking her voice, did that until 2016, and from 2016 to 2018, she was able to gain her natural voice again. Of course, her voice matured, she's not 18 anymore. However, she's really showing the real colors of her voice. She might not have the very high range anymore due to her smoking habits and the maturation of her voice, but she really bloomed. I've never loved her tone more than now. From all the songs on NFR so far, I get a Sirens tone vibe.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

If this song is scrapped I WILL become the In Your Car's Salvatore

welcome to the club bitch it's a lonely one n u will be crucified daily enjoy the kool-aid refreshments 

Well I listened to it just now-first of all happy new year loves-and well I found it kinda "okay"

I need to hear the full thing to judge tho,I hope the 8th january single is still happening

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Just heard the snippet. She looks and sounds like an angel.

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Snippet sounds beter than HIAB but not really as promising as Cinnamon, Sylvia or HTD. But I love how all those previews seem to incline a very atmospheric cohesive record and not another LFL mess. And I'm glad she won't include those two songs she performed live, they were cute but nothing special.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I JUST HEARD THE SNIPPET (fucking time zones) AND I LOVE IT.

Did anyone else catch the ‘Is It Wrong’ reference? Her mind. :hair:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Then she started faking her voice, did that until 2016, and from 2016 to 2018, she was able to gain her natural voice again. Of course, her voice matured, she's not 18 anymore. However, she's really showing the real colors of her voice. She might not have the very high range anymore due to her smoking habits and the maturation of her voice, but she really bloomed.

What?

Maybe you've heard Hey Blue Baby recently?

Or half the Honeymoon that has the most power vocals out of all her albums?

Artists find their voice with time, that's a thing they do. I'd say she's still able to sing like in Sirens if my life depended on it. She just chooses not to and prefers other cosmetic changes to her voice that she finds appealing in a certain context and aesthetic of music.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Controversial, but I actually like the cover that we got for UV, the original pic seemed a bit too loud and upfront, and actually, at least for me, felt a bit flat bc of the lighting and didn't really feel like it could've encapsulated the charm UV had. The muted gray on the cover felt like a fucking silent scream, and how faded yet controlled it looked pixel wise, and how the light escaped thru the foliage from the back, with her standing out of the car, felt more dreamy, and mysterious, which gave the record's aesthetic more of a slowburner feel like how Cruel World opens it. 

The alt cover felt like it was too pandering towards some kind of false edginess with the centeredness of her head, that she didn't really need to have proven. Also, it looked less elegant and didn't have all that much magic to it, even if the cigarette was being ignited. Didn't really have that staying power, unlike the cover that we actually got 

THIS

ignore the gays, the dont know what they're talking about- leave it to the proffesionals

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

So, I've decided to just go through every snippet so far, since I've been avoiding it, and I'm just gonna say it. 

This is probably gonna be her most cohesive album since Honeymoon. Maybe even moreso compared to Ultraviolence

I also predict this'll be her most critically-acclaimed album so far, as well. 

Get that Grammy, girl.

Every damn time she posts like a 10 second snippet you gays are leaking out of y'all bussies screaming "SHE GONNA TOP UV Y'ALL MY WIG!!!111" STOP. Can y'all come up with ANYTHING else? Can y'all rlly not come up with anything else? You know damn well UV is not going anywhere, UV her magnum opus is unbothered in her palm springs estate as HM their life partner tends to their newborn baby NFR and LFL the housekeeper cleans the house.

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7