Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I’m glad she shot this cover. This album deserves an over the top cover that’s campy. On top of that it also has a concept and isn’t just her standing by a car looking at a camera like a lot of people wanted. The pained sky, the fire in the back, the american flag behind her, her holding this man, her reaching out to us, the 60s comic book text, it all fits. It’s supposed to be over the top and kinda tacky, it’s camp. This album’s called ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell!’, it has a 10 minute long song, it has a song with a title that’s 16 words long. A regular boring cover wouldn’t be right.

TrashMagiq coming through as always!

8V7Yvel.png

Still no links working for The Greatest or FIILY... and I’m worried

I think she might be dropping the title-track this week and the link we got wasn't the link for the album but the link for the song. If it was the link for the album pre-order it'd probably have the option of "OFFICIAL STORE", but if it's a single it'd only have the digital platforms like Spotify, Apple Music... I think it's the single

Lana has always released the title track before the album, maybe this time ain't different

Nice point was made about the album title with "FUCKING" would probably be odd to sell.

Could be a nice thing if the titles were actually stickers on the physical edition of the album.

INB4 there will be no physical edition apart limited vinyl run from her website and places like UO that will ship everything by summer 2020.

Also curious about how long til she starts teasing "THE NEXT ONE" since this was meant to be out on top of the year and sis is probably like mixing LDR7 by now.

i think we could have every single one of those concepts and still have a cover that was better shot and conducted by someone more professional and talented than chuck. that's my only argument at this point

I usually can’t stand Choke Grant, but she came through with this concept.

ngl i wanted david la chappelle so badly, he would've killed it and for me what's frustrating is... there's la chappelle influence in there, it's just not anywhere near as good as it could've been

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Nice point was made about the album title with "FUCKING" would probably be odd to sell.

Could be a nice thing if the titles were actually stickers on the physical edition of the album.

INB4 there will be no physical edition apart limited vinyl run from her website and places like UO that will ship everything by summer 2020.

Also curious about how long til she starts teasing "THE NEXT ONE" since this was meant to be out on top of the year and sis is probably like mixing LDR7 by now.

i hope this is true bc the cover without these logos will be much better

giphy.gif

So jack said the greatest is really the greatest song off the record... I’m SO EXCITED!!! This album is gonna be a smash

Nothing in my mind can top Venice Bitch, but I would LOVE to be surprised and proved wrong

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.