Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

y'all are still doing the "Please DO NOT pm me a link I DO NOT want one" thing?

Just making it known we DO NOT listen to leaks in this household!

So much better than the greatest

Tea :hooker: theyre both beautiful but FIILY fucked me UP

The Greatest's melody reminds me a bit of A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum

fair enough the greatest reminds me of i‘m not the only one by sam smith (so much that i keep singing it over the greatest)

i knew it just sounded too familiar in the snippet

i76mrxw.png 

I don't get the hate for LFL... is it just because the tone wasn't completely dark and depressing?  Granted I was disappointed about Beautiful People, but there were so many good songs on there.  Love, WTWWAW, Heroine, such good songs IMO.

I think it’s bc of the production style and the almost lazy lyric writing. It just seemed cheesy in places. She should’ve worked with someone different than Rick on most of the album bc it could’ve turned out like HM but didn’t. I guess maybe that’s what it was being compared to, since Rick did most of the production of that album and it was pretty good but LFL didn’t live up to what HM set the stage for. It just wasn’t what was expected out of either Rick or Lana. The tracklist was all over the place too, then it was delayed only for her to have removed her “favorites from this album” and replace it with something she took 24h to make

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I don't get the hate for LFL... is it just because the tone wasn't completely dark and depressing?  Granted I was disappointed about Beautiful People, but there were so many good songs on there.  Love, WTWWAW, Heroine, such good songs IMO.

I don't get it either. Lfl is not a masterpiece but it's an okay album. I like to listen to it sometimes because couple of last songs are very chilling. On the other hand NFR is gonna be another supreme album so that's why people compare them to each other.

giphy.gif

My biggest issue with it is how random the songs were. It felt like multiple EP's put together

That's why I liked it so much.  I couldn't stand UV or Honeymoon because most of the songs are very similar and indistinguishable from each other.  I can see your side about a theme/sound consistent between all the songs on the album but I think it can be alienating.

TZdW.gif

I expect it to be about the same amount of “changes” the black beauty had from unreleased to Ultraviolence.. hopefully when I hear the new version, she only improved it!!

Black Beauty didn't have lyric changes from the demo while BAR has them so it will be more different...I just hope she kept the glass breaking sound in the bridge or we riot

giphy.gif

Black Beauty didn't have lyric changes from the demo while BAR has them so it will be more different...I just hope she kept the glass breaking sound in the bridge or we riot

giphy.gif

Yeah prolly closer to the TNC changes than Black Beauty

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Is there a leaked tracklisting of Taylor's Lover somewhere? 

If the rumored collar with Lana is on it, we'd have another Lana featured track this month... ( i know most of you don't want it)

There is no collab, the tracklist leaked after the secret sessions (time to get rid of it all the info leaks anyways cause some idiot fans cant hold their mouths shut for 3 weeks)

My biggest issue with it is how random the songs were. It felt like multiple EP's put together

it was definitely a mixed bag (imf and tnc on the same record) but i liked how there was something for everyone/ every mood

e****** said the music video was probably delayed, so maybe the two songs + music video will be released next week... IF she still intends on releasing them as “promotional” singles, but that’s cutting it really close... I’ll just wait for the album. At this point they’ll probably release the music video after the album’s released.

I hope she atleast announces the songs today..

She really should post a picture with clown make-up for the announcement because announcing the songs to be released "soon" when both have already leaked because their team failed taking them down really fits the clown aesthetic of this album

Haven't been able to find the clip yet, but apparently 15 seconds from a new Lana song for the soundtrack to Birds of Prey leaked today too...  also - please don't send me a PM with the FIILY leak... because I obviously haven't looked everywhere for it and still can't find it or anything.

[link removed]

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
Please do not request links to leaks of content set to be officially released or post links to content set to be officially released

26vMNDz.gif

e****** said the music video was probably delayed

this person knows actually nothing, right? they just guess and hack or whatever?

Someone pleasee PM me the link :)

omg no userpic and EXACTLY 4 posts? I'm a prophet  :godlaugh:  :godlaugh:  :godlaugh:

The album is clearly a story telling. Here's my interpretation of things from what we have right now, might change when we get the full songs with all the lyrics. Not gonna include Doin' Time in my story because it wasn't there at first.

NFR: She meets a new man who's amazing in bed but his behaviour is shit, he's pretentious and childish, so she doesn't know what to do with him.

MAC: She decided she had to be the leader in the relationship, otherwise it would not work, so she tells him he can rely on her.

VB: She basically idealises a relationship with him.

FIILY: She finally realises that she's REALLY in love with him despite his bad behaviour, but their relationship is difficult and she doesn't know how to cope with that in a healthy way.

Love song: the happy side of their relationship.

Cinnamon Girl: He probably knows that he's not so good for her but she's now here to stay and believes he'll be the man who won't hurt her.

HTD: she's ready to leave her past behind to stay with him and it's another idealisation.

California: she wishes she could help him more and ease his sadness, she makes him remember that he can count on her.

TNBAR: can't really tell for this one, the lyrics aren't precise enough and the meaning of the song seems to be different now.

The Greatest: she has enough of living in a fucked up world and feels like she's burning with it.

Bartender: she's trying to maintain a nice relationship with her man despite living in this fucked up world.

HIAB: she finally realises that this man is not the good one for her, he's a "serial killer", and she understands she should stop searching for happiness because it's gonna come eventually.

Hope: she finishes the album on a hopeful note for a brighter future despite all the shit she went through.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~