Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

what are your least fave songs off NFR?

Mine would have to be Love Song, HIAB, Hope and BAR

Literally every other song is flawless, this is such a good fking album

Bartender and hope is a dangerous thing... are my least favorite songs by far. I like them of course, but the rest is just flawless.

The greatest, Love Song and Cinnamon are immaculate.

Did she reaaaally leak it tho? I know she recorded it for some rabid lanaboards users, but I doubt she was cunning enough to know to upload the audio on the sites it got posted on. Unless someone specifically directed her to upload them there...

What I’m tryna say is the users who bombarded her DMs begging for it are responsible for the leak, not the child who got her cassette early.

And all of y’all who came for her, saying such horrible things about a kid, y’all need to give yourselves a good look in the mirror and grow tf up

So she got her cassette early, and then invited anyone to DM her so that she can send them the songs. No ma'am, she sounds pretty much responsible for the leak. It's on her (and the record company or distributor). She doesn't deserve the backlash of course -- in fact she's an ICON -- but let's call a spade a spade. 

Can someone explain why y'all are so mad at a CHILD doing something CHILDISH? I feel so bad for that girl that leaked the album. She was just trying to be nice.

Then what is a kid doing with a Instagram account if she doesn’t have a clue of what she’s doing? I’m sorry, but kid or adult, you have to take responsability for your acts. Were her intentions good? Perhaps. Does she regret it now? I bet. She was excited and wanted to « share her joy » with the rest of the world.

Maybe this debate is larger than what it really is about: the fact that we are addicted to our phones and social media for validation, regardless of consequences. If I receive my OU vinyl in advance, you can be sure that I’m gonna run over to my turntable and play the hell out of it but sure will keep my mouth shut. No picture on social media, nothing. I know I am older and know better I guess. But still.

I haven't seen anyone talk about How To Disappear. For the people who listened go the leak, how was it? Is it as bad as we all made it seem when snippets leaked?

Didn’t listen to the leak, but for what I read, it’s the only song that she didn’t play (must not have been asked a lot)

Did she reaaaally leak it tho? I know she recorded it for some rabid lanaboards users, but I doubt she was cunning enough to know to upload the audio on the sites it got posted on. Unless someone specifically directed her to upload them there...

What I’m tryna say is the users who bombarded her DMs begging for it are responsible for the leak, not the child who got her cassette early.

And all of y’all who came for her, saying such horrible things about a kid, y’all need to give yourselves a good look in the mirror and grow tf up

The people from LB expressively didn't want to spread it but keep it to ourselves within discord. But ATRL member called "shrine" also got his hands on the leaks and he was a lot more generous with it. Which makes sense gotta get that ATRL clout

ezgif-4-62dfba6595bd.thumb.gif.b2efca943

Then what is a kid doing with a Instagram account if she doesn’t have a clue of what she’s doing? I’m sorry, but kid or adult, you have to take responsability for your acts. Were her intentions good? Perhaps. Does she regret it now? I bet. She was excited and wanted to « share her joy » with the rest of the world.

Maybe this debate is larger than what it really is about: the fact that we are addicted to our phones and social media for validation, regardless of consequences. If I receive my OU vinyl in advance, you can be sure that I’m gonna run over to my turntable and play the hell out of it but sure will keep my mouth shut. No picture on social media, nothing. I know I am older and know better I guess. But still.

thank you!!!

:smile3:

all jokes aside, what that "kid" done is LEGALLY wrong

ruining someone's work is totally WRONG

and letting people do whatever they want just because they're "excited kids" is totally WRONG

how did she ruin her work? boo hoo Lana misses out on a few thousand dollars from sales, who cares she's already rich

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Yeah, I get that she's a child but surely if she's excited then she could've just posted her photos of the cassette? Like that's not too bad.

But to record the entire album, admit she didn't know how to rip the CD and then share the entire record with her followers, proves she intended to leak the album.

Didn’t listen to the leak, but for what I read, it’s the only song that she didn’t play (must not have been asked a lot)

because it's not against the rules for a 13 year old to have an Instagram account. 

It's a scientific fact that the brains of children are not fully formed and so that's why they may do things which may be bad.

all jokes aside, what that "kid" done is LEGALLY wrong

ruining someone's work is totally WRONG

and letting people do whatever they want just because they're "excited kids" is totally WRONG

You're being overdramatic. Her work was not "ruined" and Lana's fanbase - which buys multiple copies of the album - has probably made up the difference anyway. She's rich, remember?

giphy.gif

I just have a hard time believing some 15yo got her album and genuinely thought yasss I’m gonna LEAK this shit!

whoever uploaded the audio onto (the site they were leaked on) or instructed her to is responsible imo, only at the point when those songs were publicly uploaded to those easily accessible sites, is when I believe it really “leaked”

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Yeah, I get that she's a child but surely if she's excited then she could've just posted her photos of the cassette? Like that's not too bad.

But to record the entire album, admit she didn't know how to rip the CD and then share the entire record with her followers, proves she intended to leak the album.

thank u lol

leaking someone's work before the official release = ruins the sales and has so many bad effects

but yes people like to play blind  :creep:  :hooker: anyway dears, what she did is completely wrong u cant change facts, giving some stupid excuses like: oh lana is already rich.. etc is so freaking funny .. thaaank u

thank u lol

leaking someone's work before the official release = ruins the sales and has so many bad effects

but yes people like to play blind  :creep:  :hooker: anyway dears, what she did is completely wrong u cant change facts, giving some stupid excuses like: oh lana is already rich.. etc is so freaking funny .. thaaank u

What "bad effects"? Do you have a list of these "bad effects"?

Also, Lana sells well regardless of leaks, and that's a fact. And nobody except Lana stans are going to care about a low quality cassette rip. If it was a CD rip, maybe you'd have a point.

giphy.gif

I think we're seriously overestimating the naiveity of teenagers, these kids have grown up with technology. Do you think a 15yo Billie stan is incapable of leaking an album? Like they know what they're doing... It's 2019.

this girl stans billie eilish as if she doesn't know what leaking music is when u already stan someone in 2019 

honestly why would anyone defend her or her actions, it's not like i'm encouraging anyone to go and attack her but there is absolutely no reason to sugar coat her or defend her in this.

i76mrxw.png 

What "bad effects"? Do you have a list of these "bad effects"?

Also, Lana sells well regardless of leaks, and that's a fact. And nobody except Lana stans are going to care about a low quality cassette rip. If it was a CD rip, maybe you'd have a point.

yes you have a point mentioning that it's a LQ leak and it's a positive point that doesn't bring so many bad effects 

but the bad effects in general would effect her sales, sometimes it can lower the sales and turn off the excitement of the wait, it ruins the marketing of the whole album

i remember gaga saying after the applause got leaked, what happened has a very bad effect on the single marketing, despite the fact that it got a huge financial success

but we cant say leaking official music is totally fine and okay, it is not, if it was fine why they consider it as something illegal? why would the artist the team feel bad?

here's my point, thank u <3

I think we're seriously overestimating the naiveity of teenagers, these kids have grown up with technology. Do you think a 15yo Billie stan is incapable of leaking an album? Like they know what they're doing... It's 2019.

oop not you saying the same thing basically a few seconds before i did, but yes exactly all of this.

i76mrxw.png