Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

UO exclusives are hard to get out of the USA, I don't want that. I want a version that's basically the same as "UO exclusive" but acts as a director version basically. Not deluxe necessarily, just a different version. And more signed stuff that's available outside of fucking Los Angeles. But the most important is that we need the artist to release more picture disks, it's silly and I doubt it's as good quality but so incredibly effective visually

Why would American Dream Girl and California Fantasy feel like amazing track titles for this era?!

Lol thanks I was trying to invoke the vibe of MAC and VB, may this be a premonition

ZKcaooE.png

She stated the October release would be stand alone single & not an album track. She said she liked the song, but it just felt too serious for the record.

She said that? I've missed the interview.

Hmmm, I wonder what she meant when she said "too serious", like, what it could be about?

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

She said that? I've missed the interview.

Hmmm, I wonder what she meant when she said "too serious", like, what it could be about?

The Sylvia song, if it exists, is supposed to be the saddest shit she’s ever written, according to fans who asked about it. So maybe this one? Or another one we never heard of (nobody had any info about MAC or VB before she announced them)?

Why is this forum so dead so close to a new album?

Because we’ve been rambling on and on in the Pre-Pre-release thread (we want that sound, we want that collab, and all the LFL hate). Now we have a better idea of the sound of NFR, but Lana keeps her cards very close to her chest this time around, so maybe this is why we are so quiet: nobody knows anything and there are no reliable insiders this time around.

She stated the October release would be stand alone single & not an album track. She said she liked the song, but it just felt too serious for the record.

Thank you!!! I was about to doubt I was the only one who heard that!

She said she felt it stands alone, not that it would necessarily be a standalone single that wasn’t on the album. Her phrasing on it was very ambiguous.

u can daance

u caan jiiHiive

havin the time of yur liyeieif

uwu

c that girl

watch that scene

diggin tha dancing queen

disco del rey for LDR7 like surkhaze dreamfolk for LDR6

lana is in dire need of a glam squad i rlly don't want this era's visuals to be musty

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Still so crazy to me that Neil has only shot one album cover  :facepalm: Him and Nicole were so much more creative with her image

Nicole and Neil are always able to bring out the essence of the album and really complete the era. When I think about those particular eras their photos are what pop into my head first. 

Chuck, I think really did well with things Lizzy Grant related and smaller projects with Lana (Singles, Tropico, etc.) are okay, but when it comes to an album photoshoot I always feel like there's something missing.

When I look at the Lust for Life photoshoot, I'm really only reminded of it being bts of the Love video. Where as Paradise, does give off the essence of that era despite it being a bts of Blue Jeans. 

And I still feel like Lana should have gone full circle and brought Nicole back for the LFL photoshoot, considering it referencing the btd shoot. Plus she's able to incorporate other objects without the whole photo becoming clunky. 

Anyways! If Chuck is doing the album shoot, with the photos taken so far this era, I have some hope that it will turn out alright. The colors seem a bit more Earthy, which I can see fitting with the music. 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

UO exclusives are hard to get out of the USA, I don't want that.

This. I had to import mine and they got quite pricey, I'd prefer it if they just released two different vinyls without any exclusiveness... would make it easier if you wish to spend a little more money on a colored vinyl and different cover art. Like how you could spend more money on the green LFL vinyl if you wanted to (even though the cover art was the same).

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I'm still hoping for Yosemite and I don't think my hopes will go away until the tracklist for the album is revealed. She mentioned Venice Bitch in Mariners Apartment Complex and she mentioned Norman Rockwell in Venice Bitch. She also reused the line "no candle in the wind", so if I'm seeing a pattern here, with Lana hinting songs within the songs... then I hope Yosemite will be on the album.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I'm still hoping for Yosemite and I don't think my hopes will go away until the tracklist for the album is revealed. She mentioned Venice Bitch in Mariners Apartment Complex and she mentioned Norman Rockwell in Venice Bitch. She also reused the line "no candle in the wind", so if I'm seeing a pattern here, with Lana hinting songs within the songs... then I hope Yosemite will be on the album.

Is it pointless of me to think that the potential October single might be Yosemite?

She said the song she wanted to put out was a bit more serious compared to VB/MAC and I can imagine Yosemite being a bit more mature than the other two. She described it as being really slow as well iirc.

But Yosemite or not, I want the October single regardless. VB and MAC are cute for casual listening but I want a serious song that I can really delve into.

Is it pointless of me to think that the potential October single might be Yosemite?

She said the song she wanted to put out was a bit more serious compared to VB/MAC and I can imagine Yosemite being a bit more mature than the other two. She described it as being really slow as well iirc.

But Yosemite or not, I want the October single regardless. VB and MAC are cute for casual listening but I want a serious song that I can really delve into.

Why do Lana stans ALWAYS stay hung up on old songs like this :toofunny: ? Literally every album cycle it's the same story. Yosemite is dead and rotting, let her be   :oop2:  

Why do Lana stans ALWAYS stay hung up on old songs like this :toofunny: ? Literally every album cycle it's the same story. Yosemite is dead and rotting, let her be :oop2:

A stripped back love song that was recorded in one take and has a desert-like sound with elements of 70s folk. And she said it was her favorite song on LFL.

Of course I’m going to be thirsting for all eternity!

Go off on those fans who think Lana is going to give them a remastered version of Serial Killer as a deluxe track during every era instead :oop2: