Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I bet she releases a *real* lead single in March and releases the album in like early May. Lana given time can change her mind and might think of new songs or ideas that I bet will push the album back.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I bet she releases a *real* lead single in March and releases the album in like early May. Lana given time can change her mind and might think of new songs or ideas that I bet will push the album back.

Hmmm, I wouldn't be so sure, it's evident that with Lust For Life (the only record she's delayed and changed repeatedly thus far) something wasn't quite right and she was finding her feet with this lighter tone and more hopeful lyrics.

After hearing Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch, and her confirming that 11 tracks are complete, I believe that this record is very much finalised sonically.

she doesn't usually do that. the only album she's done that with is lfl.

She said LDR6 is almost finished but won't be released yet because she's working on her poetry book not because the album isn't finished yet

Shaddup now I actually wanna see that happen LMAO 

Omg yall remember this very not know fact about Lana that she once climbed a tree and either cracked a rib or broke a leg I don't remember... I'm not crazy but I'm a stalker and I KNOW I read about this somewhere hidden on here... And it had an impact on her somehow

So to answer your question, be careful what you wish for :deadbanana:

okay here's the layout of the NRF trailer vid:

picture this:

lana in a super picturesque, almost fantasy-fake treehouse in a large tree. she's a little too big for the treehouse made for a child, but she's able to sit on the edge of it with on knee up and the other foot swinging below. we see her looking up a little into the sky as she takes a drag of a cigarette... then... she begins some voice over nonsense like "i've been visiting the old place in my mind, going back to what i thought i knew then and seeing it now for the first time" begins happening on top of the sound of the breeze and some birds or some nature shit. 

then the tree the house is in starts growing or something and she's moving with it or as if it doesn't effect her, the branches twisting around her and the leaves blossoming as flowers start blooming even though they probably wouldn't grow on the tree she's in (but it's lana's fantasy so they made it happen). she goes on to site some poetry over the visuals of all this growth which can like symbolize her state of mind or general state of being that she sounds like she might be reflecting on in this album and just a more mature being i guess? but then something weird has to happen like when she picks a flower it combusts but into a pretty flame and it means something "deep" i don't know. and the vid won't be longer than a couple mins but it'll end with lana finally acknowledging the camera straight on as it moves away from her and the outside world of the treehouse is like destroyed or something as a comment on life i don't know.

this is what's happening y'all she's overcoming her fear of trees by being one

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Nooooooo she should just go with her original ideas and her gut. Also.. music in the winter.

okay here's the layout of the NRF trailer vid:

picture this:

lana in a super picturesque, almost fantasy-fake treehouse in a large tree. she's a little too big for the treehouse made for a child, but she's able to sit on the edge of it with on knee up and the other foot swinging below. we see her looking up a little into the sky as she takes a drag of a cigarette... then... she begins some voice over nonsense like "i've been visiting the old place in my mind, going back to what i thought i knew then and seeing it now for the first time" begins happening on top of the sound of the breeze and some birds or some nature shit. 

then the tree the house is in starts growing or something and she's moving with it or as if it doesn't effect her, the branches twisting around her and the leaves blossoming as flowers start blooming even though they probably wouldn't grow on the tree she's in (but it's lana's fantasy so they made it happen). she goes on to site some poetry over the visuals of all this growth which can like symbolize her state of mind or general state of being that she sounds like she might be reflecting on in this album and just a more mature being i guess? but then something weird has to happen like when she picks a flower it combusts but into a pretty flame and it means something "deep" i don't know. and the vid won't be longer than a couple mins but it'll end with lana finally acknowledging the camera straight on as it moves away from her and the outside world of the treehouse is like destroyed or something as a comment on life i don't know.

this is what's happening y'all she's overcoming her fear of trees by being one

I love this. But. the flower combusting is deffo symbolic of an orgasm. Tree huggers to the nth degree They burst all at once and then it gets real cold. The album pops out in the winter, and she smirks and smizes to the camera. Lights fade

UV/Honeymoon

Don't you dare put that hex on this album.

giphy.gif

I agree, in the sense that the Ultraviolence trailer was just footage from the West Coast and Shades Of Cool music videos - and Honeymoon was behind the scenes of the album shoot. However the Lust For Life trailer didn't match the aesthetic of the record, I really wish she's fulfilled the space and witch themes more in the lyrics and artwork.

Me too. I mean I love the pseudo vintage, Carpenters feel, but what I loved about the trailer was how intentional it was, all quirky and with a seemingingly fixed purpose. It was incredibly charming and polished. 

UV/Honeymoon

I wouldn't mind if the album was out as late as in early June on the basis that it would be the 5y anniversary of Ultraviolence, which could be a premonition of the sound and vibe, which would in turn be a premonition of my death

ZKcaooE.png

I love this. But. the flower combusting is deffo symbolic of an orgasm. Tree huggers to the nth degree They burst all at once and then it gets real cold. The album pops out in the winter, and she smirks and smizes to the camera. Lights fade

maybe she finally had some good sex without crying but we wont know until the album drops so i'm good with that symbolism even if she plays us on it

i can't see the winter thing just because lana is so summer or a sense of warmth but it'd be interesting to see her do it her way, i like them all popping at once maybe in like a succession? oh and cant forget the 8mm footage chuck will combust

maybe she finally had some good sex without crying but we wont know until the album drops so i'm good with that symbolism even if she plays us on it

i can't see the winter thing just because lana is so summer or a sense of warmth but it'd be interesting to see her do it her way, i like them all popping at once maybe in like a succession? oh and cant forget the 8mm footage chuck will combust

LMAO I'm pretty sure ur not the only one w/ that opinion on here. and I get what u mean, I think for me tho, strangely enough BtD felt better as a winter album, or something that'd carry u thru winter. Her cover of the Chelsea Motel No. 2 was amazing too. I love solemn Lana.

Maybe they can be in the air, to make the space a bit more beautiful, like fireworks. SEX IN THE AIR 

UV/Honeymoon

Why are y'all talking about album being released in May/June when she said it'll probably drop in 1st quarter, which literally means we're getting NFR in January, February or March? :deadbanana:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

LMAO I'm pretty sure ur not the only one w/ that opinion on here. and I get what u mean, I think for me tho, strangely enough BtD felt better as a winter album, or something that'd carry u thru winter. Her cover of the Chelsea Motel No. 2 was amazing too. I love solemn Lana.

Maybe they can be in the air, to make the space a bit more beautiful, like fireworks. SEX IN THE AIR 

you're completely right, how could i disregard btd as winter. i think because i got into her around paradise so it's been predominantly summer with me, but btd was january so you got me there. it also makes it hard for me to hear it in a winter world, if that makes sense? i think she just reminds me of dreamscapes and sunshine a lot to where it's associated most cosely to summer, you know? i'd even take spring like the flowers blooming and such as the chill of the air warms up a little more, ice melts, etc.

you're completely right, how could i disregard btd as winter. i think because i got into her around paradise so it's been predominantly summer with me, but btd was january so you got me there. it also makes it hard for me to hear it in a winter world, if that makes sense? i think she just reminds me of dreamscapes and sunshine a lot to where it's associated most cosely to summer, you know? i'd even take spring like the flowers blooming and such as the chill of the air warms up a little more, ice melts, etc.

Honestly no its fine. I mean it's always hot in CA and I hate how it gets that way so no I empathize. I remember listening to TIWMUG all lost with the sun beaming down . And no I get it, it's all different for everyone most times, and for me, I just get the sense of movement in the city when I think of BtD. The overproduction, the speed of the lyrics, how her voice sort of drowns u in her world of trouble, and I guess that being so hectic, again reminds me of the city, but anyway no yeah her narrative lately's been about summer so I get ur drift.. 

I tried associating LfL with the spring, it didn't really catch on all that well with me. Again, the whole winter-summer paradox of feeling. Maybe the next one might be the best for it tho. I mean the release date sure, but narratively, MAC and VB are already hazing the atmosphere with its post summer vibes, if its even associated with NFR. 

I'd like to relate to this one especially, bc of the industrial setting, that feeling when you're driving in CA when its just a bit brisk and that's how u know it's still winter even if the sun still peaks through the gloom

I personally love the transition from Winter to Spring, not just symbolically, but just the life that comes with it, a kind of freshness and calm after the excitement you're still feeling still round Feb from the holidays. Could be literal defrosting and flower fields. I think that'd fit the surf vibes well, maybe she could make it a bit more floral groovy too in aesthetic to then carry that transition thru

"OMG I NEED THIS MUSIC ASAAAAP I'M SO DRYYY"

-

"I want the album to be out late August cause Lana is a summer-artist"

This fandom :toofunny:

I agree wit u. She should just do (release) both one same year so we could better decide hm  :oic:

UV/Honeymoon

i can't see the winter thing just because lana is so summer or a sense of warmth

I have great memories of Paradise fall/early winter release so I don't have a problem with her releasing it in February to be honest

Especially since it's an experimental thing in my eyes and that corresponds to long winter nights idk

Of course I love summer releases but what can you do

I'd die from boredom if she hadn't released anything until summer rolls

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

And about the speculation for a May or June release, it would really be surprising if it happened: nowadays, artists have a pre-release period that extend up to 5 months prior to the album, and with 2 new singles out, it would be weird to extend it to 9 months. All momentum would be Lost. And the album seems to be in its last stages, from what she said in interviews (and, for once, the description fits lol).

So, October is almost upon us... Will we get a new single?

Still waiting for her, florence, marina, fka and bat for lashes to release their cover of Hex Girls

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=1P_BlUY2eF4

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Am I the only one who doesn't associate Lana's albums with specifc seasons? Especially regardless of which month they were released in?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven