Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

lana makes pop music

It's always been the «Problem» with her: how do you describe her?

My best guest would be alt-pop or «songwriter pop»?! Before LFL, «sad core hollywood» would have been perfect, but with LFL and NFR, the description doesn't fit anymore. 

She ain't completely alternative (most alt music channels don't play her), and she ain't pop either like Taylor or Ariana or Mariah or Selena. 

her lyrics tell a story, and yet the melodies often follow the classic pop structure: verse 1, chorus, verse 2, chorus, bridge, chorus (not that there's something wrong with that). She dwells in so many genres with each record, which makes it almost impossible to categorize her. (The music industry in general also has some problems with the categories, since all the genres have borrowed from each other over the past 5 to 10 years). 

I don't think we can squeeze Lana in one category at all seeing she's extremely versatile and experimental, who knows maybe tomorrow she'll decide to try screamo, she's random. I started stanning bc of WC which I wouldn't call pop at all then I heard Serial Killer which I rly think can't be called rock so

Ok we have random shows dates, random realases. now its time to bring the magazines with profissional photographers

Bitch I'm so ready for this I've been saving and shit :poordat:

ZKcaooE.png

I don't think we can squeeze Lana in one category at all seeing she's extremely versatile and experimental, who knows maybe tomorrow she'll decide to try screamo, she's random. I started stanning bc of WC which I wouldn't call pop at all then I heard Serial Killer which I rly think can't be called rock so

Bitch I'm so ready for this I've been saving and shit :poordat:

Oh bitch Steven Klein  have to bless with 1080p photoshoots and fuck Chuck iphone 144p photos :ohno: :ohno:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Lol ok, apart from the fact that Joanne was not folk but just some cringy, cheesy and highly pretentious bore I love how stans like to throw aroubd genres just for the sake of sounding fancy. "I love rock music like Ultraviolence and trip hop a la Religion and sone trap shit like White Mustang. Sometimes I like jazz too, like Million Dollar Man and every now and then I get into some more experimental stuff like Venice Bitch." But ok, come for me I guess.

Lol.. that was a hilarious take... but isn't UV a desert-rock/soft-rock album & MDM a jazz influenced ballad. Not very hardcore but still it fits the category.

i was thinking of the album cover and what if it goes like this. she has a suit on and she's bending backwards in a 60s style truck with a paintbrush in her mouth painting a scene of flowers or just an abundance of colors.

Stop placing iconic images in my head that won't happen

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I never said he did LOL

Precisely, he clearly didn't, which is why it was obvious that the user I was quoting was referring to whatever beats we heard in IMF, White Mustang, Coachella, etc. Don't be so dense  :toofunny:

Lol.. that was a hilarious take... but isn't UV a desert-rock/soft-rock album & MDM a jazz influenced ballad. Not very hardcore but still it fits the category.

But music being influenced by a genre and music actually applying a genre are different things. In the end, it does not matter, but it's so weird when (not meant in a condescending way) hardcore pop-stans go around and say "OMG Venice Bitch is such an experimental, psychedelic song!" and you can instantly tell they have never even heard experimental or psychedelic music.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The one thing I can complain about so far on the new tracks is I wish Jack would turn the volume of her voice up a bit, it’s almost as if the instrumental overpowers her vocals which should’ve been fixed in the mixing stage. That’s the only thing

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

But music being influenced by a genre and music actually applying a genre are different things. In the end, it does not matter, but it's so weird when (not meant in a condescending way) hardcore pop-stans go around and say "OMG Venice Bitch is such an experimental, psychedelic song!" and you can instantly tell they have never even heard experimental or psychedelic music.

Yeah... I get what you're saying

I’ve read friends comments and thoughts and VB reminds people of The Beatles, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, RHCP and other artists who did this same kind of sound before during their later years. Strawberry Feilds Forever was experimental at the time the Beatles were around. The melotron helped give it the sound it had, the same she used on Tomorrow Never Came and carried the melody of Something by the Beatles. She definitely would fit in an experimental or psychedelic folder right now, or at the least, Venice Bitch by itself. I agree it’s not fully psychedelic if you’re thinking about the acoustic beginning. But the acoustic guitar doesn’t make it folk. And because there is so much confusion between “is it folk? is it experimental? is it psychedelic?” helps push it into an experimental grouping. Experimental doesn’t mean any one sound. NOTHING is exactly “experimental”, but this compared to the rest of her discography is experimental.

TL;DR I’m pretty sure spacy synths and the unexpected change of direction in her sound would put this track in an experimental area. Lana has a huge grey area where some tracks don’t fit a genre but I think if this one had to be one, it would make sense to throw this one there.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole