Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Why the fuck would she promote the song on HER instagram to HER fans if the song is for his album?? It's obviously for NFR and that's why I'm hardcore cringing at her poor decisions. Lana, wtf?

NFR was supposed to be this great, atmospherical, surfy, vibey album, with great tracks, a rock and breezy folk sound with psychedelic elements and sweet and emotional piano moments......and then she stains it with the most basic thing she could do: a lame as fuck rap collab with a pretty thrash rapper. Wow.  And don't tell me ''You'Re BAsing YoUr opIniOn on A 5 Sec. SniPPet'' 'cause bitch those 5 seconds of lame lyrics are enough to figure out it's basic, lame and not creative at all. Don't even try, lol. 

And it's clearly a last minute addition which is why it's even worse. She obviously had the record pretty much ready from summer. She even shot that long video with her dancers (that features in both MAC and VB but Chuck said that's actually for a longer project) and then she went vacationing all over Europe constantly, like she got a vacation after recording the whole album....now the album must be in the mixing stage which is the longest stage, which might be why it comes out next year. But then she decides to ''go out'' again and make unisnpired decisions. Great. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Ok, guys, I will say it again: but you need to chill out a bit. I love Lana as much as you do, I truly do. She is the only artist that I completely connect with.

But let's not forget one thing: she's in charge. If she wants to bring someone along to collab, it's her choice. And she said, in her 2017 Complex interview, that she doesn't give a fuck about losing fans along the way. Period.

We only heard 2 singles and 4 snippets of NFR: we don't have the whole picture here. Maybe the collab with MGK will be a stunning track and I believe it will fit the album. I wasn't a big believer in the Summer Bummer snippet and I have been pleasantly surprised by the track. So I trust her. And the production sounds very Jack, so I am not so sacred anymore. 

Confession here: a few days prior to the release of UV, when I heard the 30-second snippets to each song, I wasn't very convinced. It sounded all the same to me. Same with the LFL snippets: my favorite songs on that album didn't have very concluding snippets. But for all of her albums, you have to let it sink in. Including LFL. Each album tells a story, one that connects to the album before. And the songs you didn't like as much at first end up becoming your favorites later. It's always been that way with me with all of her records. 

Lana has a trashy side we known that ...she mixes with the wrong crowd. She Needs to stay away from rappers it’s cringy as hell. In my opinion she doesn’t suit them at all it devalues her. Keep them on there albums only. It would be a tragedy if she had a beautiful psychedelic cohersive album and slap bang in the middle is some hot garbage rap. The rap on LFL really lowered it in class.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Why the fuck would she promote the song on HER instagram to HER fans if the song is for his album?? It's obviously for NFR and that's why I'm hardcore cringing at her poor decisions. Lana, wtf?

NFR was supposed to be this great, atmospherical, surfy, vibey album, with great tracks, a rock and breezy folk sound with psychedelic elements and sweet and emotional piano moments......and then she stains it with the most basic thing she could do: a lame as fuck rap collab with a pretty thrash rapper. Wow.  And don't tell me ''You'Re BAsing YoUr opIniOn on A 5 Sec. SniPPet'' 'cause bitch those 5 seconds of lame lyrics are enough to figure out it's basic, lame and not creative at all. Don't even try, lol. 

And it's clearly a last minute addition which is why it's even worse. She obviously had the record pretty much ready from summer. She even shot that long video with her dancers (that features in both MAC and VB but Chuck said that's actually for a longer project) and then she went vacationing all over Europe constantly, like she got a vacation after recording the whole album....now the album must be in the mixing stage which is the longest stage, which might be why it comes out next year. But then she decides to ''go out'' again and make unisnpired decisions. Great. 

I felt this with my soul.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Ok, guys, I will say it again: but you need to chill out a bit. I love Lana as much as you do, I truly do. She is the only artist that I completely connect with.

But let's not forget one thing: she's in charge. If she wants to bring someone along to collab, it's her choice. And she said, in her 2017 Complex interview, that she doesn't give a fuck about losing fans along the way. Period.

We only heard 2 singles and 4 snippets of NFR: we don't have the whole picture here. Maybe the collab with MGK will be a stunning track and I believe it will fit the album. I wasn't a big believer in the Summer Bummer snippet and I have been pleasantly surprised by the track. So I trust her. And the production sounds very Jack, so I am not so sacred anymore.

Confession here: a few days prior to the release of UV, when I heard the 30-second snippets to each song, I wasn't very convinced. It sounded all the same to me. Same with the LFL snippets: my favorite songs on that album didn't have very concluding snippets. But for all of her albums, you have to let it sink in. Including LFL. Each album tells a story, one that connects to the album before. And the songs you didn't like as much at first end up becoming your favorites later. It's always been that way with me with all of her records.

Lust for life doesn’t tell any story tho. It’s just a random ass playlist of annoying trashy songs (minus 3/4 tracks)

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

G eazy made Lana snap and that’s a fact. I bet in her head she thinks she’s getting back at Gerald and Halsey somehow by working with MGK. I’d rather listen to him & i on loop for 12 hours straight than listen to anything with gun boy. He’s straight up trash.

y'all heard 3 seconds of his verse and are saying he's lyrics are dumb/ugly............. ms patience?? ms patience??? oh ma god she fuking dead

Thank you! The thrashing of 5 seconds LQ snippets is getting sooo tiring and annoying

8nl2OpX.png

Thank you! The thrashing of 5 seconds LQ snippets is getting sooo tiring and annoying

yeah! i'm the first one that prefers lana when she's solo in her music, but still, i'd rather wait and listen to the whole thing before saying "omg she's so lame for adding a rap feature and now all her music will be cheap!" like.... we don't know yet. maybe his part will be short and will flow with the whole mood/atmosphere of the album y'all talking about. 

y'all heard 3 seconds of his verse and are saying he's lyrics are dumb/ugly............. ms patience?? ms patience??? oh ma god she fuking dead

Posting something that makes sense?

Being patient?

Using a Rosalía avi?

Ugh, your mind.

zXzLCRU.png

I think the meaning behind HTD is based on Lana's career, because if she really does collab with MGK then it most certainly will dissapear,

its what she deserves :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lust for life doesn’t tell any story tho. It’s just a random ass playlist of annoying trashy songs (minus 3/4 tracks)

I promise you, LFL does tell a story! LFL is all about Lana trying to change herself for the better, and trying to do this through seeing love in the world (Love, Lust For Life), looking at her inner world/current situation exploring her fame and love interests (13 Beaches, Cherry, White Mustang, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, In My Feelings) and looking to the outer world/the political climate (Coachella, God Bless America, World At War, BPBP). Finally at the end of the record, the change is starting to take place - Lana recognises she needs to change through looking into her past (Heroin), then using all the themes previously explored to help her change (Change), and finally making a change but realising it will not be an easy road (Get Free).

I'll admit I am not completely sure where TNC fits, but I hardcore stan it so idc :creep:

Even though in terms of sound LFL is not her most cohesive record, this perfectly reflects the period of her life at that time. It seems to have been a very confusing time, and the record reflects this. It shows how she seems stuck and is desperately wanting to make a change, but maybe at the moment is not quite managing it (hence why Yosemite did not make it to LFL). LFL is as essential (if not more) in her discography than all her other albums - it signals a big change for the better coming in terms of her wellbeing. I think of LFL as a gateway to a fresh, positive beginning, and that is what I believe the story of LFL is.

Coming back to where TNC fits in LFL - Lana said she felt like she had written TNC for someone else. In this way, TNC is almost like Lana trying to escape her current mindset by taking the perspective of someone else, and trying to (temporarily) exist in another world. This comes right before the 'change' segment of LFL, possibly suggesting that Lana is very scared to make these changes so she is trying to distract herself to stop her worries. TNC could also be seen as a regression into a mindset she had pre-LFL because the lyrics imply pining over an ex-lover, which again would still fit into LFL - she is regressing into this mindset because she is so worried about actually making this personal change.

Essay complete  :creep:

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

She's so annoying, this was supposed to be the record that follows Get Free and shows her journey towards happiness. It was supposed to be different and totally unique up against the rest of her discography. With brand new instruments and throwback vocals, with airy electric guitars and heavenly strings reflecting her struggle towards reaching paradise. NFR really does have the potential to be her best album ever, but what is she doing? Collabing with a cringy wannabe rapper and making the most local song she could think of.

-Yeah maybe we're jumping to conclusions and being a little too overdramatic, but it's obvious that she's changed directions again like she did with LFL. I wouldn't even be remotely surprised if she delays the album to May/June so she has time to scrap all her other songs and make room for more trap collabs. We have every right to be pissed at the moment :crossed:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e