Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Idk if several people harassing him is a good idea but the the situation can't get much worse so ok :rip:

Ikr maybe we should contact Jack too :hooker:

Not sure its a good idea too cause its her art but MGK and art dont go together so

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Not going to lie, any excitement I had for NFR has almost completely gone away. Her collabs are always fucking horrible, and a collab w/ another awful rapper does not fit the vision/sound I thought MAC and VB were leading into. This is going to be another LFL-type mess and I'm not fucking here for it.  :crossed:

Do you guys remember how LFL was done (and from the demos/info we had, had a pretty cohesive and great sound), and while she was waiting for it to mix, she kept getting "inspired" and collabing with people and rushing to add songs she JUST wrote? It's fucking happening again!!!!!!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT RUINED LFL!!!!!! SOMEONE STOP THIS WOMAN FROM FUCKING UP HER OWN WORK

Dude. Calm the fuck down. All we know is it could be a minute interlude, it could be a 20 minute track with just some vocals of his. We have no idea what this will be. It’s not the end of the world. Just because you don’t like rap or rappers like Rocky or MGK doesn’t make the tracks necessarily “bad”.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I can not say anything against or for that collab with Gun

But I have a weird feeling that this album will be stopped from selling or something like that.

I already said once that I am not sure if she can even use the name of the album as she wants - Imagine someone is releasing an album titled Lana Del Fucking Rey and he/she did not get the permission to use the name...

I am not saying she did not ask - but everyone seems just to waiting to jump on lawsuits and easy money...

Anyway, I have a bad feeling about this album...

Dude. Calm the fuck down. All we know is it could be a minute interlude, it could be a 20 minute track with just some vocals of his. We have no idea what this will be. It’s not the end of the world. Just because you don’t like rap or rappers like Rocky or MGK doesn’t make the tracks necessarily “bad”.

but the tracks are bad. Next

Someone summon Ben to this thread (or to anything Lana-related on the internet in the past week). No one is here for this collab.

We want that cohesive, 11-track Laurel Canyon rock album.

@BenMawson

I can not say anything against or for that collab with Gun

But I have a weird feeling that this album will be stopped from selling or something like that.

I already said once that I am not sure if she can even use the name of the album as she wants - Imagine someone is releasing an album titled Lana Del Fucking Rey and he/she did not get the permission to use the name...

I am not saying she did not ask - but everyone seems just to waiting to jump on lawsuits and easy money...

Anyway, I have a bad feeling about this album...

There is a song by an indie band I think called Lana Del Rey but she’s never mentioned it or talked bad about it. I see what you’re saying, personally I just don’t think people care as much anymore as much as they used to.

I mean, it’s definitely interesting. I had to look him up when she announced it and I recognized who he was. But he’s dead and honestly unless his family really is that petty I would think she would’ve called them up already by now with the title being announced. But I think there’s something about using a real name and fictionalizing it. I don’t think it’s illegal to write a fictional book about a real person so I think the same would be for songs or music. People might just get mad. Remember Kayne x Taylor Swift?

but the tracks are bad. Next

And that’s your opinion. I don’t like her collabs as much as her solo tracks either but they’re not completely bad. LFL just isn’t a good album. The full album as a whole is trash. The collabs help push it that way but it doesn’t make the album bad on its own.

On another note: Why do snobby, stuck up fans always feel the need to CONTROL a woman’s business? LANA IS A BUSINESS WOMAN. LET HER WORK HOW SHE WANTS AND WITH WHO SHE WANTS. This isn’t about anyone in particular but if you guys are actually hitting up her management and producing teams, you need to stop. As if her management will change what she wants to do.

This is the woman who put out a 9 minute lead single.

THEY CANNOT STOP HER.

STOP TRYING TO CONTROL A WOMAN’S BUSINESS.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I’m not one of those people who dislike hip-hop Lana. Ridin and Summer Bummer are two of my favorite songs. I think Lana and Rocky make a great team. I’ve secretly thought it would be cool if they worked together more in the future and put out a little mixtape of just collabs by the two of them.

:sluttybunny:🌧️

is this the most negative fan response she's had to an album pre-release?  :toofunny:  

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Y'all should move here where pretty much all popular/mainstream artists drop singles for a couple of years (about 3 each year) and then release an album with like 3 new tracks or so - now that results in inconsistent albums. Big labels like Universal Music and Warner Music care more about the streaming numbers and merits so they want the singles to reach certain numbers before compiling them into albums. For example in 2016 the debut album of a particular female artist broke a record at the time since it had "sold platinum" months before its release, thanks to streams eventually counting as purchases - 6 singles were released beforehand, two of them 2,5 years before. My boyfriend's sister is signed to Sony and she's actually confirmed that the labels procrastinate with albums like this in purpose and in my opinion it's fucking disgusting. Pretty much only indie artists put effort in their releases and even then they have very limited physical pressings and the only big Beyoncé-like surprise album drop that's happened so far was by the most popular rap duo in the country last year, and they could do it only because they own a label of their own so basically they can do whatever they want as they have the money to do so. It was released digitally when it came out but got a limited vinyl edition a few months later in time for christmas.

Am I the only one who's not upset about the collab with MGK because I have no idea who he is or what his music sounds like and have no idea what do expect? :lel:

Well maybe if you knew his music, you'd be upset too :hooker:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

OTTR 2 with the same production as OTTR, just continuing the story.

OTTR has such a vivid story telling.

taste

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e