Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I swear that just last year, LFL was considered one of her best my most on here. I'm so confused. 

it was definitely a lot more like due to recency bias but I don't think ANY regulars here ever touted it as her definitive best like we've been UV/HM for yrs skskjfkf

it was definitely a lot more like due to recency bias but I don't think ANY regulars here ever touted it as her definitive best like we've been UV/HM for yrs skskjfkf

Yeah, UV has always been considered her consensus best around here. HM was kinda meh for the longest time, until it somehow got some kind of re-evaluation. But yeah, musta been bias, because I swear there was nothing but a rain of love for it before. Just surprised it's now considered some kind of "stain" or something. 

I've always loved honeymoon since the first listen but saw all the negativity among the fandom(I wasn't here) made me underestimate it for some time

I've always been fond of it, too, and remember being a bit overwhelmed by how many people ripped into it. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's more loved now, but just getting whiplash by the consensus here. 

Lust For Life is honestly amazing. It’s what every BTD Stan wanted. It’s DIVERSE, PLAYS with different sounds, hip hop beats, & it has pretty damn good lyrics. Y’all CANNOT complain. Plus, it flows so well. They’re is also a perfect balance of the political, reflective, & fun tracks (ex. GBA, Heroin, & Cherry). If there’s anything that she lacks on the album it is BAR, RBFY, & Yosemite.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Lana's vocals in Honeymoon were better than they were in Born To Die. More high notes, more low notes, harmonies on point, more impressive moments, better control. In BTD, she had more energy but her vocals weren't better nor operatic. Even Paradise isn't that impressive compared to Honeymoon, except for Cola.

Edit: to clarify, when I say more high notes, I don't say higher notes.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I swear that just last year, LFL was considered one of her best by most on here. I'm so confused. 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

are you sure about that

What do you mean? I just joined last month because someone said they thought I was on here before and some other people were taking my videos. I wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again.

*edit~ I think I started posting since Oct and I joined back in late August but didn't use it for a bit.

Lana's vocals in Honeymoon were better than they were in Born To Die. More high notes, more low notes, harmonies on point, more impressive moments, better control. In BTD, she had more energy but her vocals weren't better nor operatic. Even Paradise isn't that impressive compared to Honeymoon, except for Cola.

Edit: to clarify, when I say more high notes, I don't say higher notes.

Everyone on here literally drags Lana 24/7.

giphy.gif

Lust For Life is honestly amazing. It’s what every BTD Stan wanted. It’s DIVERSE, PLAYS with different sounds, hip hop beats, & it has pretty damn good lyrics. Y’all CANNOT complain. Plus, it flows so well. They’re is also a perfect balance of the political, reflective, & fun tracks (ex. GBA, Heroin, & Cherry). If there’s anything that she lacks on the album it is BAR, RBFY, & Yosemite.

BTD & BTD stans to LFL & this comment rn

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

Come to LanaBoards and expect the followings :

“I wished she tried (insert impossible genre to insert in her discography) or went back to (insert glorified and personal favorite era or some unreleased song done a thousand years ago)”, trash about Rick Nowels but also slanders about the new collaborator she just took a picture of and we have yet to hear something out of this, trash about Coachella and most of LFL, fear she isn’t okay if she doesn’t put something out on social media every week, “I wish she did something with (insert second favorite artist after Lana”, trash that collab months after because it was not what you had in mind.

Come to LanaBoards and expect the followings :

“I wished she tried (insert impossible genre to insert in her discography) or went back to (insert glorified and personal favorite era or some unreleased song done a thousand years ago)”, trash about Rick Nowels but also slanders about the new collaborator she just took a picture of and we have yet to hear something out of this, trash about Coachella and most of LFL, fear she isn’t okay if she doesn’t put something out on social media every week, “I wish she did something with (insert second favorite artist after Lana”, trash that collab months after because it was not what you had in mind.

I-

:judgingu3:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I think the reason why LFL isn't my favorite album is because it didn't feel very Lana to me. I feel like the whole political theme ruined it because politics ages like milk (depending on what you're singing about). And I just didn't connect with the album on an emotional level like I did with her previous work.

It's not a terrible album by any means, it's actually very solid. But it doesn't FEEL genuine to me.

Edit: also happy 300 pages!

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Which do you think is the best way to listen the album for the first time ?

HQ headphones or loud speakers?

With LFL,I picked headphones but since its the first listen and you get it the vibe of the album more than relating to it or paying attention to the lyrics,I think speakers will do for me with NFR..

What do u think?

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Which do you think is the best way to listen the album for the first time ?

HQ headphones or loud speakers?

With LFL,I picked headphones but since its the first listen and you get it the vibe of the album more than relating to it or paying attention to the lyrics,I think speakers will do for me with NFR..

What do u think?

speakers are so much better for live instruments! def speakers! LFL is a lot of electronic sound manipulation therefore it isnt as authentic of an experience, but NFR is gonna rock our worlds