Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Not really true though?

Lead single Video Games (August 2011), 2nd single Born To Die (December 2011), promo single Off To The Races (December 2011) then album Born To Die (January 2012) followed by 3rd single Blue Jeans (April 2012), 4th single Summertime Sadness (June 2012), 5th single National Anthem (July 2012) and final single Dark Paradise (March 2013).

Open Road Tour 2012

Promo single Blue Velvet (September 2012), lead single Ride (September 2012) and then the album, Paradise (November 2012).

Paradise Tour 2013

Lead single West Coast (April 2014), promo single Shades Of Cool (May 2014), 2nd single Ultraviolence (June 2014), promo single Brooklyn Baby (June 2014) and then the album Ultraviolence (June 2014) then 3rd single Black Beauty (December 2014).

Endless Summer Tour 2015

Lead single High By The Beach (August 2015), promo singles Terrence Loves You (August 2015) and Honeymoon (August 2015) then the 2nd single Music To Watch Boys To (September 2015) and then the album, Honeymoon (September 2015).

Festival Tour 2016

Lead single Love (February 2017), 2nd single Lust For Life (April 2017), promo singles Coachella (May 2017), Groupie Love (July 2017) and 3rd single Summer Bummer (July 2017) and then the album, Lust For Life (July 2017).

LA To The Moon Tour 2017

Lead single Mariners Apartment Complex and 2nd single Venice Bitch (September 2018)

Up until this record (even Lust For Life) her release strategy has been pretty mainstream and not that much different from other pop stars.

This is actually an interesting slate schedule releasing to look at. Thanks for this.

It’s interssting, for each album she released a song a month or two apart, then about 2-3 songs before dropping the album the same month. Are we missing something this era? Is it just me that the albums kind of behind on schedule, according to previous records? LFL had 2 songs the same month it released too, except it had a single release for songs a month apart leading up to the album (apart from Feb to April thats counted as 2 months I guess?)

Is she running behind and she’s trying to finish everything up by this point? Or is she just waiting it out? I’m expecting any day here soon to hear that she’s at least releasing How To Disappear? Is that track really that important to her to push her album back, then sing the song before releasing it and not I guess as long as it sounds the best it can, I can’t complain but still, I don’t understand her logic this time. Was Norman Rockwell known for anything weird? Did he randomly surprise people with projects when he was done? Maybe she’ll follow suit and she’ll just put it out sometime random early in the year? It’s weird, she changes production on stuff a lot and we know she’ll have 12 versions of a song until she’s happy.........

Sorry I’m rambling but these are legit things I’m thinking of when I wonder what’s going on with this album

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This is actually an interesting slate schedule releasing to look at. Thanks for this.

It’s interssting, for each album she released a song a month or two apart, then about 2-3 songs before dropping the album the same month. Are we missing something this era? Is it just me that the albums kind of behind on schedule, according to previous records? LFL had 2 songs the same month it released too, except it had a single release for songs a month apart leading up to the album (apart from Feb to April thats counted as 2 months I guess?)

Is she running behind and she’s trying to finish everything up by this point? Or is she just waiting it out? 

she's had every track written and probably recorded since mid-september. she said every track was sequenced, and the last track we've known to have been worked on is HtD- if she redid it or it was still being built we don't know, but why she basically had the album done but wants it out in probable march is stoopid

anyways the most news we've gotten this entire month is her posting photos of yosemite, and that's enough for me

sis...it's a blurry iphone 4 crusty musty picture of some trees I-

im so triggered skdkfk - it looks so cute tho

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She stays silent for too long. This era is cancelled.

STREAM WE APPRECIATE POWER

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The music she released and teased have a whole world of asthetic.. Its unfair she just give us a poor video of she and dancers having fun.. She knows she can do better.. Im mean, the album name is one of the biggest artist of USA in past century and she is coming with Romero Britto asthetics :deadbanana:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

in the meantime, this MAC cover is incredible

I LOVE TAMINO. LANA PLS DO A COLLAB WITH HIM THANKS X

edit: I actually made a thread for his music if yall wanna..check it out :hooker: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10414-tamino/

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lol MAC's cover is faaaaaaaaaaaar worse. I mean, she's looking terrible on that pic. One of the photographs you immediatly delete after taking it. VB has some sort of visual going on at least.

You don't have to like her MAC photo, of course. I like it (a lot) because it's rather Sphinx-like (and pissed off?). It's also cool that her twitter profile pic (which has long hair) seems to mimic the flat-line lips and neck tilt in the MAC cover art (on the display banner for her twitter). So while you think it's like an awkward pic, she seems to be making some kind of a statement of a new aesthetic. 

I mean.. She can do homemade videos with her own camera but can she bring things like this

And not like this

This is lazy and disrepctful..

Babe I'm sorry that I have to say this but VG feels nostalgic and we all felt captivated by it because it was fresh.

Even if she does homemade videos it's obviously not gonna be as cute as it was back then and it's nobody's fault but the time's

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I wish lana would scrap those cringy backup dancers i hate seeing them in her videos 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I wish lana would scrap those cringy backup dancers i hate seeing them in her videos

had she always been friends with them or did she have auditions and then they became close? when did they make their appearance altogether? they're like a trio though now so i don't ever see that dying out unless one gets a fantastic offer for being a dancer for a bigger artist and then they just split and Lana becomes singular.

giphy.gif

when Lana put them in her other snippet of HIAB I had to look away because they made me so uncomfrtable by the way they were eye-fucking the camera SKSKS

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven