Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

In these dark times, it's difficult to really trust Gem, but yeah hope ur right. Not to sound like an ass, bc I do love RBFY, but doesn;t it kinda remind you of the two country songs she played you know what I'm just gonna stop talking right now before the thread changes gears and direction towards yeah I'll stop right there

I get the feeling. At this point, I kinda wonder myself what is the « plan » and timeline for the NFR release, because it does even random. As for the two country songs, I see them as NFR rejects and never had much hope they would end up on the album. I don’t see them fitting with what we heard this far, plus they were played live and not shared by her via social media.

Let's just hope Lana didn't scrap HIAB video so it could just end up being whatever the fuck MAC/VB is

Also sending out a prayer that she reworks the chorus vocals for HIAB that aren't on tempo, pitch or lined up properly (the part where she does the weird yelling/singing aka don't be a jerky, feed me turkey, in the back of your car, in the back of your car) because I know y'all like that rough sound but I really don't, and honestly it just cheapens the song. Don't forget, that's just my opinion, so don't fight me for my feelings, amen

giphy.gif

thats the first thing i noticed, its annoying asf

lets pray she didnt scrap the whole album :deadbanana:

This is getting tiring. The only time she scrapped a good bunch of an album was UV (LFL didn’t get scrapped all over, just the acoustic part). And we know how great it turned out for Uv. And she hadn’t teased anything from it before scrapping it.

I get the vibes from the vids at the very least but it makes me wonder what'll happen with the HiaB vid and if this is all that there is with what Lana meant w Chuck's series. Like who tf's really responsible w these 

if this is what chuck meant by the series then girl she got explaining to do cuz its the same 5 clips

Neil is at Paris.. I will follow him do death and beg him to call Lana to give us at least one good photoshoot in this era

I can't wait for the EP Marie Fucking Antoinette :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

thats the first thing i noticed, its annoying asf

I'm so glad you noticed too! Everyone's keeps saying "it's low quality" and I'm like uhhhh I don't think quality changes the tempo, pitch and lining up the words properly 

She doesn't even have to re record new vocals tho, Jack just has to chop em and put them closer together, spread them evenly over the tempo and just match all of their pitches together! I swear it'd make it soooo much better, but I keep being fought because "HIAB is perfect" lmao 

giphy.gif

I think most people fail to realize even PWYC has autotune/pitch correction, as do most if not all Lana songs

Why do you think she uses the old radio effect on her voice so much?  :teehee:  This way you can't hear everything done to it

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Does anyone even watch the videos for MAC and VB? I don’t think I’ve watched them since the release week.

Not really, I think I never watched the video for MAC complete, and one time for Venice Bitch, but for the latter, I could just look out the window in a car ride while I listen to the song and that would be the video lmao.

Overall I'm not a music video person lol

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I'm so glad you noticed too! Everyone's keeps saying "it's low quality" and I'm like uhhhh I don't think quality changes the tempo, pitch and lining up the words properly 

She doesn't even have to re record new vocals tho, Jack just has to chop em and put them closer together, spread them evenly over the tempo and just match all of their pitches together! I swear it'd make it soooo much better, but I keep being fought because "HIAB is perfect" lmao 

giphy.gif

I think most people fail to realize even PWYC has autotune/pitch correction, as do most if not all Lana songs

Why do you think she uses the old radio effect on her voice so much?  :teehee:  This way you can't hear everything done to it

You burned everyone with that hot as hell tea

You burned everyone with that hot as hell tea

I just like when her songs get cleaned up just a tinyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bit! it makes them sound better to me at least

and everyone uses autotune! it's 2019  :hooker:

Still excited for Cinnamon ENuuFxD.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I just like when her songs get cleaned up just a tinyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bit! it makes them sound better to me at least

and everyone uses autotune! it's 2019 :hooker:

Still excited for Cinnamon ENuuFxD.gif

Pitch correction and autotune aren't the same thing tho. She uses autotune in Million Dollar Man or Summer Bummer for example, while in PWYC it's pitch correction (and it's not even well done lol, some high notes at the end are flat, but you can't really hear it, only a tuner shows it). I like how she uses pitch correction. I'm sure she doesn't always do, but when she does, it sounds good. doesn't really need it anyway and still records vocals until the take is good enough for her. What she uses a lot are effects that help hiding imperfections such as reverb.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~