Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don't expect a trailer this time around. NFR has «minimalistic» written all over it. Besides, what can she serve us? The same footage that she gave us with 2 videos and a possible 3rd one (if HIaB is the lead single)? 

mac/vb scenes loop with snippets we've already heard on instagram  :flutter:

i76mrxw.png 

951 pages and we don't know the release date................... 

not that ms lana del rey complies with release dates but

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

release in the same day of billie and let the fire burn all this shit :burn: :burn: :burn:

You're right, Lana will go down in ashes

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I doubt this but what if lana is “potentially” releasing on Billies day to prove that the music speaks for itself, thinking that she will top billie

Possibly. What I see is that she alternates between « big era » and « small era I do the fuck I want ». Maybe the number 1s are more important with big eras?

Possibly. What I see is that she alternates between « big era » and « small era I do the fuck I want ». Maybe the number 1s are more important with big eras?

I was just thinking this while getting ready this morning. The alternating between big and more low key eras. Def think this will be a Honeymoonesque situation. Thinking even more low key than that lol.

Either way no news sucks but I’ll be patient! I’m personally not holding out for March but would be pleasantly surprised!

At this point I doubt it's laziness. I think she genuinely just doesn't feel like doing anything special for this album for whatever reason. I have so many friends who've been in bands longer than Lana's been alive, and also friends who've only been in the scene for like 5 years. I know how hard it USED to be to promote your music and make a name for yourself; in the 70s, 80s, 90s and even 00s artists heavily relied on labels and managers. Now? If you're smart & hardworking all you need is a fucking iphone. Like we make fun of Lana about this but in my opinion, it's really not the equipment (or lack thereof). You can absolutely make great things with subpar equipment & a tiny budget, I've seen it happen hundreds of times. I mean just look at her old homemade videos; cringy as they are, they're adorable, and far superior -again, in my opinion- to that MAC/VB/HIAB mess or whatever it was.

That pic of her from 2009 with blonde hair sitting in her old kitchen would be perfect for Sylvia/Hope Is A Dangerous Thing. God knows how many unseen West Coast outtakes there are that she could have used for MAC & VB. It would be ridiculously easy to handle these new releases...just a little bit better. It can't be laziness.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

That pic of her from 2009 with blonde hair sitting in her old kitchen would be perfect for Sylvia/Hope Is A Dangerous Thing.

Ok, can someone please make a nice cover art with that photo, please? :excited: :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

If she's not careful she's gonna lose stans, I understand taking a step back and going minimal. But she's literally not doing...anything.  :toofunny:

We'll get one more shitty homemade mv, then the festival dates and that'll be this era. Wouldn't surprise me if she released in 2020 too. 

If she's not careful she's gonna lose stans, I understand taking a step back and going minimal. But she's literally not doing...anything.  :toofunny:

We'll get one more shitty homemade mv, then the festival dates and that'll be this era. Wouldn't surprise me if she released in 2020 too. 

Well I don't know about others, but I'll stay a stan as long as her music is great.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

i swear at least like 7 different places reported the may date for LFL before lana announced july

the interview stating the release date is march ≠ the interviewer asking about the date

seriously yall need to learn to not trust everything you hear unless it comes from lana herself

Someone already responded to my post saying the same thing, so what exactly was your point with this?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lana sees this album as lowkey and "all natural" so I think she's just acting in a  way that comes naturally to her as a person that isn't stuffy or flashy (anymore). BTD was an album that felt huge, like a movie, but NFR is more of a chill trip and I think Lana wants to keep that same energy in the promotion.

For me, I’ve done different variations of promotion – like if we have a big music video sometimes I’ll have a little premiere for it at one of the local theatres and that’s always really fun. For my earlier albums I would do a lot of promotion before anything got released, but I usually still go to most of the record stores here or in San Francisco and play a couple of the new songs before anything comes out and just do small things like that. It kind of feels different every time but I’m always excited just to have my work out there once it’s done! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Lana sees this album as lowkey and "all natural" so I think she's just acting in a  way that comes naturally to her as a person that isn't stuffy or flashy (anymore). BTD was an album that felt huge, like a movie, but NFR is more of a chill trip and I think Lana wants to keep that same energy in the promotion.

So that means zero promotion?

For me, I’ve done different variations of promotion – like if we have a big music video sometimes I’ll have a little premiere for it at one of the local theatres and that’s always really fun. For my earlier albums I would do a lot of promotion before anything got released, but I usually still go to most of the record stores here or in San Francisco and play a couple of the new songs before anything comes out and just do small things like that. It kind of feels different every time but I’m always excited just to have my work out there once it’s done! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Yet she barely plays any of the new music at actual concerts.  :defeated:

Well I don't know about others, but I'll stay a stan as long as her music is great.

What's the point of great music if she just ignores it's existence.