Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

She needs to stop behaving like a sloth on oxycontin and use the momentum from the DT release to release another single not long after. Has to. She's irritating, but she isn't stupid, and it'd be stupid not to.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

You know, a month ago it was all poetry, poetry, poetry, and everyone was like "WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR ALBUM?", and now it's just Insta saddie shit + the snippet (which I maintain we only got because she had to say something because of the doco) ... and the poetry has disappeared. 

No news about the book, no poems ... what the fuck? Has she lost interest in that, too? 

The only reason I care is because we ain't gettin' the album 'til we get that. 

I have nfi what that bitch is doing. 

I have a feeling Lana gets bored quickly and easily. I hope she is still releasing the poetry book. 

Since she's so much into Nina Simone, I'd love to hear her covering Summertime. I like that they sampled it in Doin' Time but it doesn't compare to the original.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

ugggghhhhhhhhhh i can't stand the wait i rlly just want hiab is that too much to ask for? i really don't care about the poetry book or whatever cover she releases.. fr she d e s t r o y e d my hype for everything she puts out so much that nothing can excite me, except the album (and i lowkey only love hiab. sorry cinnamon). when i say that i have no hype for that documentary cover, i really mean it. like i didn't feel SHIT.

I'm pretty sure most people agree with you. Except for the not liking cinnamon part.

Wha I find annoying is that the snippets she posted so far are all better than the songs we actually did get in full.

I think I've finally accepted that we won't get the album this month, next month, not in July and not in August either. I'm so disappointed but whatever I guess. I'll live. :sadcore3:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I'm trying to convince myself not to expect anything but that sudden rush of joy I'd felt when she posted the Doin Time snippet is so tempting :noparty:

It truly doesn't feel like a release cycle at all. Hell it doesn't feel like any cycle at all lmao we're just wandering in the dark trying to put 3 broken pieces into an era FOR HER

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I have a feeling Lana gets bored quickly and easily. I hope she is still releasing the poetry book. 

She's probably still figuring out how to release it without causing riots in whatever bookstores in Silver Lake she drops it off at. There will almost certainly be more people wanting it than there are copies available.

She might not even tell anyone when she's dropped it off. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

She said it's got surf elements, RHCP influence, whatever the fuck ... that's a summer album.

So ... wouldn't you release that ... in the summer? :usrs:

Didn’t she say the last songs of the album have that? I only expect 3 or 4, the rest will mostly be piano driven. That doesn’t seem too summer for me.

I don't like this snippet teasing promo, it's kinda alienating, we're checking endlessly for the release of songs that never come, it can be cool if things happen, but here it's an aggressive marketing to hold our attention. Can't we just listen to the music ?

Btw I think she's bringing her album on summer to fit Doin' Time lyrics/vibe.

+ I got the feeling this track will be a new West Coast.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Didn’t she say the last songs of the album have that? I only expect 3 or 4, the rest will mostly be piano driven. That doesn’t seem too summer for me.

She said:

“It was in the vein of a Laurel Canyon sound,” she told R1, “and it’s kind of transformed a little bit because there’s some surf elements to some of the songs – it’s not really surfy like Dick Dale but a lot of electric guitar, a little Red Hot Chili Peppers influence in there.”

As usual, she's vague as all fuck, but she makes it sound summery.

OKAY YALL. I heard the other snippet from the festival and whew it sounded good af :hair: I love how you hear the harp and then it gets into the cool beat. And I love the way she sings 'tangeriiIInne" :oprah:

Now what's all this drama about Disney?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven