Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

My friend saw this posted in her local California Barnes & Noble. I wonder if they know something we don't or are just speculating like the rest of us - 

VfQlMGu.jpg

in the early month of mid July perhaps? :hide: 

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Yes and the snippets sound AMAZING. Lana can go right back to her over produced born to die era shit (which I would gobble up) AFTER she releases her introspective sad girl piano album because I NEED IT FOR MY SANITY. I kind of agree that maybe the snippets don’t sound all to summery EXCEPT In Your Car which is begging to be the soundtrack of my summer infidelities. (Just kidding... :) )

Yes and the snippets sound AMAZING. Lana can go right back to her over produced born to die era shit (which I would gobble up) AFTER she releases her introspective sad girl piano album because I NEED IT FOR MY SANITY. I kind of agree that maybe the snippets don’t sound all to summery EXCEPT In Your Car which is begging to be the soundtrack of my summer infidelities. (Just kidding... :) )

It’s true that In Your Car has a very « hopeful sunset » to it.

I’m super curious for the songs we haven’t heard yet (I bet a good bunch have more synths / guitars)

still can't believe that doin' f u c k i n g time is her most streamed song right now. bullshit. fucking bullshit. y'all really have no taste. are you all that hungry for Lana content that you stream.... this...?

propulsing a (bad) cover to the top when Ride, Shades of Cool, Black Beauty or Terrence Loves You (who are literally jesus) aren't even on her most streamed songs.......... *sigh*

The GP is streaming the song dude

still can't believe that doin' f u c k i n g time is her most streamed song right now. bullshit. fucking bullshit. y'all really have no taste. are you all that hungry for Lana content that you stream.... this...?

propulsing a (bad) cover to the top when Ride, Shades of Cool, Black Beauty or Terrence Loves You (who are literally jesus) aren't even on her most streamed songs.......... *sigh*

Probably because it was released a week ago while those songs have been out for 7/5/4 years? 

When the Interscope website lists the album, only then, with whatever title is used—NFR or not—will we be sure of anything. Even if there’s no release date, at least we’ll have something official.

Can anyone name one or more albums that were made available during the last 20 years—since the advent of iTunes and streaming services—which were released as a series of singles over the period of a year, culminating eventually in a hard album release?? I can’t think of one.

this!!!!

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

Remember that tweet “different but not that different”? Maybe she’s referring to how she felt when earlier albums released and thought she’d change by now and this record shows that she hasn’t after almost 10 years. Maybe yesterdays tweet was her talking about that same change? Maybe more emotionally than physical or verbally. It just makes me think about how she’s treating this album like she did UV and that she was either

1. in a good headspace and that changed (it sounded negative but online it’s hard to tell) or

2. she was in a bad headspace and it flipped on a dime and maybe she’s in a better one now?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Girl wtf.. We hear almost all of the music of this album just by hers snniptes :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

That's the thing. We've only heard snippets. If we had only heard the first snippet of Cinnamon, we would have thought it was just a piano ballad. We don't know how the other songs can turn out to be. And there are still 6 unknown songs, we've partially heard 7.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

didn't some of y'all say lfl was gonna be her best album and it'll be worth the wait last time this situation happened

because... :um2: :um2: :um2: :um2: :um2: :um2:

Even if the album is spectacular, it won’t satisfy many of us, because we are too pissed to enjoy it. The piano ballads will be seen as « too plain » by many.

We haven't even heard the songs, how can you say it's a boring album? Piano does not equal to boring. Birdy's album Beautiful Lies is piano driven, and it's still one of the most beautiful albums of our generation.

Plus she is excellent, this time around, at not revealing the best parts of the songs in her snippets: VB, Hope and Doin’Time all ended just before the chorus or beat drop.

Your daily reminder that fans who are speculating about Lana scrapping and re-working the album are just projecting their own hopes onto Lana because they don't like the direction of the album!

With the Doin Time small sucess i doubt Interscope will release a bored ballad theme album.. Things can turn on a dime ;)

Even if the album is spectacular, it won’t satisfy many of us, because we are too pissed to enjoy it. The piano ballads will be seen as « too plain » by many.

Plus she is excellent, this time around, at not revealing the best parts of the songs in her snippets: VB, Hope and Doin’Time all ended just before the chorus or beat drop.

Yes exactly! I think she teases the least interesting part of the songs, so we can have an idea of what's coming but still be surprised when the full songs drop

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Your daily reminder that fans who are speculating about Lana scrapping and re-working the album are just projecting their own hopes onto Lana because they don't like the direction of the album!

shut up :lmao: She isnt a indie artist that can do whateva she wants.. We have 3 singles that flop hard and 1 cover that is doing fine.. So do u think label will just: 'ok do what u want, go ahead with this bored and poor production album' :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

i have scrapphobia too but it’s not because i hate the album, i’m just deadass scared that she did. i want cinnamon and in your car and whatever mystery track she hasn’t teased yet because those are usually the best hidden gems :crai:

shut up :lmao: She isnt a indie artist that can do whateva she wants.. We have 3 singles that flop hard and 1 cover that is doing fine.. So do u think label will just: 'ok do what u want, go ahead with this bored and poor production album' :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Do they have a choice? Jack is involved on other projects and to ask another producer would be very disrespectful. Their best strategy is to release NFR as is, on the best spot possible, so it doesn’t flop (hopefully). However, LDr7 will probably be discussed with Interscope and they probably will be more involved.

Since her cover is doing well, maybe she’ll want to cover Moby’s Porcelain :P

are you saying that MAC and VB productions are boring.....?

also "3 singles that flop hard"? MAC, f.e., still doesn't even have a year and has almost the same number of reproductions as Groupie Love, which is a much more mainstream promo single and was released almost 2 years ago lmao

oh, and VB, WHICH IS A +9 MIN TRACK, has +20 million streams and Hope, which was released 5 months ago and it is a "boring ballad", has +25 million. these numbers are bigger compared to some of the overproduced and mainstream LFL tracks (or even honeymoon) and those have catchy productions so yeah, idkw you want so much interesting and catchy productions...

iv9uXjw.gif