Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

She said there are no bangers but we have Doin' Time :oopna: 

Also I had a thought just now, she didn't do the full version of Venice Bitch at the Apple event (like leaving away "if you weren't mine I'd be jealous of your love") so could it be that the studio version of How to disappear is longer as well? What if it isn't even a piano song? Venice Bitch also isn't a piano song...

She said there are no bangers but we have Doin' Time :oopna: 

Also I had a thought just now, she didn't do the full version of Venice Bitch at the Apple event (like leaving away "if you weren't mine I'd be jealous of your love") so could it be that the studio version of How to disappear is longer as well? What if it isn't even a piano song? Venice Bitch also isn't a piano song...

https://youtu.be/p-dYoW2OB9k

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

I’m pretty sure they said ages ago that Doin’ Time is just a single for the soundtrack not for NFR

Or is she putting it on now? Like Coachella?

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I’m pretty sure they said ages ago that Doin’ Time is just a single for the soundtrack not for NFR

she never said that, that just appeared out of thin air cause someone said it and then everyone went along with it.. could be that its on there, could be that it's not

She might, which is okay, whereas putting Coachella on an album was not okay. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I was expecting more. Honestly I hate being so pessimistic but I'm not here for these monotonous piano ballads. What's funny is that I don't mind piano ballads at all, but they need to sound INTERESTING at least.

And yeah, I'm aware Lana said there will be no bangers but even then, you can still make a slow, sullen song sound incredible. That's not what I'm getting with these snippets so far.

Cinnamon and IYC are still amazing, though. And I'm sticking around just for those two gems but not for the other songs.

Update: Okay so the first time I listened to NFR, I was half alseep (oops), but I listened to it again and I really love the bridge, I'm just not a fan of the verses. But the part where things start to sound heavy was getting good.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm sad cos I feel like Norman Fucking Rockwell could be her best workd and it's gonna be tainted now for fans and probably ignored by the GP and it's all down to her own fuckery and killing the hype.

Also, if her teasing the title track means something is coming - what do we think the singles from this era will be? I'm assuming Happiness will be the "lead" single... Could Norman be the second single?

I'm sad cos I feel like Norman Fucking Rockwell could be her best workd and it's gonna be tainted now for fans and probably ignored by the GP and it's all down to her own fuckery and killing the hype.

Also, if her teasing the title track means something is coming - what do we think the singles from this era will be? I'm assuming Happiness will be the "lead" single... Could Norman be the second single?

If music journalists still remember the album, I think they’d still be hyped for it like they were about six months ago. If NFR will turn out to be her album with the best reviews, most positive comments and maybe high scores, I think there will be a bigger buzz about it (because I doubt she’ll do much promo) and maybe it will reach out to more people and they’ll give the album a try.

Or maybe nothing will happen at all lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Can’t wait until Summer

This is so vague. Everyone knows Lana releases in the summer, it's hardly a good prediction.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

hello miss del rey is back and my stan card has been reissued

that snippet is gorgoeus omg

the first parts meh but when those strings kick in... whew chile

27e6e7.jpg

but that wowcam filter she used has to go

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

She said we'd get 2 more songs before the album... if Doin Time is one of them that means Norman Fucking Rockwell could be the next (it's tradition for her to release the title track before the album) and then it's showtime?

If Doin Time wasn't one of them maybe Happiness Is A Butterfly and Norman Fucking Rockwell?