Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I think the timeline would be something like:

Bartender, Hope (January)

HIAB, NFR (March)

VB, MAC (July, August?)

HTD (September/beginning of October for the demo, December for the final version)

Cinnamon (October, maybe a bit sooner)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I've sunk so deep into this fandom that i forget Lana isn't the centre of the world and that there are actually people out there who've never heard of her or her music. And i've completely lost my ability to see things the way i used to before discovering her. My poor lost soul. This is a cult i quite enjoy being a part of

call me crazy

Hear hear. I work in an office and we have a playlist (and OFC I put a few Lana songs on it), and my coworker asked who she was and all that. I just caught him randomly looking up pictures of her on his lunch break yesterday...I might’ve lowkey just ruined his life. Whoops.

I think the timeline would be something like:

Bartender, Hope (January)

HIAB, NFR (March)

VB, MAC (July, August?)

HTD (September/beginning of October for the demo, December for the final version)

Cinnamon (October, maybe a bit sooner)

And remember her insta posts in March, when she said she was entering her blue period? She seemed so happy! No wonder, having penned down 2 songs she was proud of, with a new project coming to light and the end of a successful tour :)

And remember her insta posts in March, when she said she was entering her blue period? She seemed so happy! No wonder, having penned down 2 songs she was proud of, with a new project coming to light and the end of a successful tour :)

But before March and after September, it seems like she was in a sadder period. We're gonna have so many different moods and feelings on this album, that's what I find amazing.

By the way, I wonder why she uses the colour blue to symbolise good times. When I say I'm in a blue period, I am sad, but for Lana, it's when she's happy

Btw

Does anyone still have a Picosong link for her live of HTD? I'd be so grateful

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I think the true question is. Will, DT be on the record ? Suuuuummertiiiiime  giphy.gif

Imma say no, chief. I think DT just has a very different vibe. It seems too perky. Cinnamon is somewhat perky too, but it goes with the rest of the songs on NFR, side by side. I'll be surprised if DT is on NFR, though.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Trashing Hope...

Trashing piano ballads

Praying for trap album

Wanting songs that don't belong on the album just for the sake of the charts and streams

I see it's another typical day at the boards.

Trashing Hope...

Trashing piano ballads

Praying for trap album

Wanting songs that don't belong on the album just for the sake of the charts and streams

I see it's another typical day at the boards.

lfl got us out of the black, into delulu

Crazy thought, since talking about tracklisting lol!

I’ve always had in my mind Mariners will open but listening to it this morning I can def hear it closing the album.

Just listening to it in relation to the snippets and songs we have so far it seems like the other songs she are more submissive in a sense and this one is more assertive.

I can see Mariners being like a summarization of the past tracks and her growth through them. I can def see the “are you ready for it” being a way to segue into the person she feels like she has become.

Probably a dumb interpretation but I’m totally here for it.

I see Venice Bitch being a transitional track and the second half possibly being HTD Hope and possibly Mariners if it doesn’t open.

Either way Mariners will either open or close and that’s final lol.

Crazy thought, since talking about tracklisting lol!

I’ve always had in my mind Mariners will open but listening to it this morning I can def hear it closing the album.

Just listening to it in relation to the snippets and songs we have so far it seems like the other songs she are more submissive in a sense and this one is more assertive.

I can see Mariners being like a summarization of the past tracks and her growth through them. I can def see the “are you ready for it” being a way to segue into the person she feels like she has become.

Probably a dumb interpretation but I’m totally here for it.

I see Venice Bitch being a transitional track and the second half possibly being HTD Hope and possibly Mariners if it doesn’t open.

Either way Mariners will either open or close and that’s final lol.

I always pictured Mariners as an opening track in the vein of cruel world? Like, it may, in a timeline, take place after the other songs but it's used as the first song, if that makes sense

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I always pictured Mariners as an opening track in the vein of cruel world? Like, it may, in a timeline, take place after the other songs but it's used as the first song, if that makes sense

Makes perfect sense. If it opens I can def see it as a “looking back” song and the next ones being those memories or past experiences. Either way it is an amazing song. Can’t wait!

If anything, the “are you ready for it?” in MAC feels like she’s presenting what’s to come - this “new” era. So I think it would make sense to have it at the beginning too

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

If anything, the “are you ready for it?” in MAC feels like she’s presenting what’s to come - this “new” era. So I think it would make sense to have it at the beginning too

That’s how I used to feel and still do. But I can also seeing it being like are you ready for the new her. Like she is shedding the person she was. I can see it being like a way of her saying goodbye to the persona she carried and crafted for so long. I’m probably thinking into it too much but find it interesting!

Bold of you all to assume miss lazy will put much thought into the order of the tracklist this time around :teehee:

She doesn’t feel it has to be cohesive or make any sense

Which is fun

I think she does care about the album itself and the way it’s presented as in the tracklisting. The music itself is what she cares about but the rest of it she doesn’t. The promoting, the videos, interviews, etc. I think she’s at a point where she wants the music to speak for itself and doesn’t want/feel the need to put much effort into pushing it.

I think she does care about the album itself and the way it’s presented as in the tracklisting. The music itself is what she cares about but the rest of it she doesn’t. The promoting, the videos, interviews, etc. I think she’s at a point where she wants the music to speak for itself and doesn’t want/feel the need to put much effort into pushing it.

If there’s one thing Lana cares about it’s the music. Think about the catalogue of unreleased spanning years, the months she spends mixing, she seems to be always making music — to the extent she changes song choices, makes hundreds of demos. I think she’s definitely at a point where she literally just cares about creating beautiful music

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

It’s true but I was kidding based on how she’s been acting lately :hooker:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

you guys were almost unanimous when she first uploaded the HTD snippet in early October that oH nO iT wAs GoNnA bE aNoThEr BoRiNg PiAnO bAlLaD and now that the production is actually different and innovative and GOOD you trash it even though we have a studio quality piano version of the exact same song? I really can't