Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

You would think that if she drops a song anytime soon, it'd be accompanied by some sort of statement about the album ... possibly even the release date. Like, if I know the album is 100% coming soon after the song then I will stream the fuck out of the song because I'm a fucking sucker with no self-control

It'd be weird to just go, "here's a song, bitches" and not say anything else although that's absolutely something she would do

I'm still hopeful that the pastel chalk, Malibu beach and the pretty meadow from the makeup artist's stories had something to do with an album trailer or MV.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Like, if I know the album is 100% coming soon after the song then I will stream the fuck out of the song because I'm a fucking sucker with no self-control

i think i kind of have the inverse view on this, like...say she released a song next week and was like "the album's coming out on august 15" (or whatever date, i just pulled that one out of my ass for example purposes), i'd be like, ok, near future, i've waited this long so what's another ~5 weeks? versus if she released a song and said "the album's coming out on december 30" my thirsty ass would prob give in and listen to it bc the gap is big enough to need a bridge

and unrelated, i don't even know if anything i just said made any form of sense bc i am very sleep deprived at this moment! it's always a good time out here during insomniac hours

it's just the way i feel

I have never seen anyone do this to their own career. 

I also never seen anyone drive with one leg up the way Lana does. 

Release the damn poetry book and album already!

giphy.gif

I have never seen anyone do this to their own career. 

I also never seen anyone drive with one leg up the way Lana does. 

Release the damn poetry book and album already!

giphy.gif

I can only think of U2 saying they had an album done but wouldn't release it after a long-ass tour. My brother is a hardcore fan and I felt sorry for him.  :deadbanana:  But that wait was shorter than this I think, the tour lasted six months and the album came two months after that, so the wait lasted for (at least) 8 months. That's quite a lot actually...

Edit: Ok, Wikipedia says the album was pretty much done in late 2016 and the album was released in December 2017. I guess the same thing is happening to us tbh. :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Well, I think she's taking surfing lessons. Going by her driving, she'll probably paddle into a current, end up in Japan, never leave Japan because it's the home of matcha, and we'll never get NFR, just a J-Pop album in 2022. 

Honestly here for this. She could collab with Daoko or Shiina Ringo :pray2: 

Dream crossovers that will legit NEVER happen lol 

obviously i don't want to be unnecessarily mean, but i honestly think in the event critics get their hands on her poetry she may be totally ripped to pieces and i think that's part of the reason i'm indecisive about it. not suggesting she hasn't written amazing lyrics or that critics matter and it's absolutely her right to bring out the book but i get the distinct feeling it could be really embarrassing 

that's what i'm afraid of too. but i think it would be fine if she put it out with the album though, and sold it on her website only, not trying to pretend that it's a masterpiece (i don't think she sees it as that anyway). selling it with the album as a nice little bundle would be pretty amazing (and the smartest thing to do), similar to Florence's Useless Magic. her fans will be the only ones purchasing it anyways, so why complicate things lol

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

I can only think of U2 saying they had an album done but wouldn't release it after a long-ass tour. My brother is a hardcore fan and I felt sorry for him. :deadbanana: But that wait was shorter than this I think, the tour lasted six months and the album came two months after that, so the wait lasted for (at least) 8 months. That's quite a lot actually...

Edit: Ok, Wikipedia says the album was pretty much done in late 2016 and the album was released in December 2017. I guess the same thing is happening to us tbh. :toofunny:

It's because you actually didn't feel sorry for your brother, but were laughing on the inside and now karma is punishing us all. jk, you're too nice for that.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Regarding the poetry book, if a genuine music critic respects her but dislikes the book or knows it's objectively bad, they'll ignore it completely. That's known as a 'respectful silence.'

But general industry 'critics' will probably say something vague but nice about it; they'll rate it 'B' or 'A-.'

That's how most industry 'critics' respond to almost anything today, it's the 'Entertainment Weekly' approach to criticism, which is really just publicity and not legitimate criticism of any kind, intended to generally support whatever product and industry they're reviewing, whether it's music, television, publishing or movies.

No one in academia is likely to review the LDR poetry book, so the only real criticism we're likely to see is from fans online. And most of those will support it 'because it's Lana, and anything Lana does is GREAT,' the same way fans responded to Tori Amos for a decade.

So very few with some knowledge and background in poetry are likely to evaluate it as objectively as possible and give a considered opinion that's worth taking into consideration.

So in 5-6 weeks ya’ll think she’s going to release an album? This is the same woman who said specific release in the past and lied (may 1st). The delusion

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

i remember when i thought nfr would be better than l4l.......... boy was i wrong

Have you heard the album or something? You really come to this thread only to say that you are not hyped for it

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

It will be worth the wait and we should actually consider ourselves lucky because it's "only" a year of waiting, but other artists make their fans wait wayyyyyyy more

Yeah I'm aware, and like everyone here has said 145000 times, this wait would be okay IF she actually updated us every once in a while. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

stay mad, if Lana was actually decent and updated us like literally anyone does i'd actually be hyped. she's the one who killed the hype i had for her album, not me lmao. l4l kinda sucked but at least we had visuals, updates, interviews and the "july 21 fam". what do we have with nfr? Hillsong and snippets? yas.

Wow, you clearly didn't wait for Charli XCX's album, XCX World. There's legit a YouTube compilation of her saying its coming soon for over a year, then it got scrapped and leaked.

We've gotten 3 singles, snippets and confirmation it's coming this year, most likely August or September, yes it's annoying but like her last album isn't even 2 years old.

my biggest question is what is she gonna do after the al boom is released? is she gonna do shows for the al boom or only a 2020 festival tour in the summer? are we gonna get any more music videos besides HIAB? any magazine covers and/or interviews? I dont think I could take another NFR Pre-Release era again right after this one.

After NFR is released, I think it could be all the «side projects» / collabs / other soundtracks we'll be getting from her. Maybe a couple of shows, but I don't expect her to be super active or super into NFR stuff (one music video maybe? A single-ish?)

i don't even want her to tour this album. It seems like it would be one she could skip a tour for and just work on her poetry book more, broadway whatever, or next album. if it's mainly sad girl introspective shit then I don't see the need for a tour like UV really especially if she doesn't wanna promote it which is for some reason her thinking rn

well she said just the other day she wants to play the whole album live :rip:

stay mad, if Lana was actually decent and updated us like literally anyone does i'd actually be hyped. she's the one who killed the hype i had for her album, not me lmao. l4l kinda sucked but at least we had visuals, updates, interviews and the "july 21 fam". what do we have with nfr? Hillsong and snippets? yas.

I mean you have every right not to be hyped, unstan and hate Lana etc but I don't see the pointing coming in this thread only to complain

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

well she said just the other day she wants to play the whole album live :rip:

Wait seriously she said that? I just can’t imagine it truly happening sadly bc it’s her

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Wait seriously she said that? I just can’t imagine it truly happening sadly bc it’s her

she said it in sweden i think

"i hope i come back soon to play the album for you" or smth like that

Ahh okay I didn’t know that. Interesting...

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I mean that could mean a multitude of things.. Maybe just a listening party, and it also doesnt mean the WHOLE album. I just hope she'll announce something official sooner rather than later because this is seriously driving me nuts lol Also look at my negative thinking Lana WYD to me

I mean that could mean a multitude of things.. Maybe just a listening party, and it also doesnt mean the WHOLE album. I just hope she'll announce something official sooner rather than later because this is seriously driving me nuts lol Also look at my negative thinking Lana WYD to me

i know lana's words can mean multiple things in multiple ways lolol but still