Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

When people alleged Hope had racist lyrics, she said she didn't have any song about race. Those stupid lyrics weren't written by her but probably by someone here and I have my little idea on who.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I don’t think this is relevant but intescope updated the doin time promo page for radios yesterday and aded this: ALBUM OUT LATER THIS YEAR!

And also Doin Time has now sold 33500 pure copies in the US (around 150k units if we add streams), it’s expected to peak in the top 10 of alternative radios and top 3 in tiple A radios.

The gay that wrote those lyrics needs to do their research and realize that the for Ks are fan titles. Plus miss thing would never, ever, ever pen a for K part 3, or probably openly acknowledge K again. Though I'm so thirsty for that to happen lol.

i mean.. sadly, i honeslty think this era will sign the end of her career. for real.
she's already under fire because of Hillsong and that Israel mess. let's not forget when she was criticized because she wore a native headdress in the Ride mv and portrayed colombians as cocaine junkies in Florida Kilos, and called herself a "lolita lost in the hood".. people were upset. if these lyrics are real, then they won't find it hard to say that Lana was racist & fake from the start. cancel culture twitter will eat her alive, mark my words. i hope for her this is just a BIG joke

I feel like she's past the point of being cancelled tbh. People were upset but a lot has happened since then (the ride video, lolita lost in the hood, the beautiful mess that was tropico). She's made a good decision in being far enough removed from social media that if someone posted a 'WHY LANA DEL REY IS PROBLEMATIC: THREAD' tweet they wouldn't be saying anything everyone already knew and had moved past, if you get me. I haven't seen Israel or Hillsong mentioned in any articles that mention NFR. And there's no way those lyrics are real.

locals only

the comment section of her twitter apology from the Israel thing is full of people being disappointed. they didn't forget. and some websites are posting her trips to Hillsong. they're disappointed too.

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/114938485.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spetteguless.it/2019/05/30/lana-del-rey-chiesa-hillsong/amp/

i don't think those lyrics are real but the fact we gotta be prepared for literally anything with this era bothers me..

Even with the people who haven't forgotten about hillsong or israel (including me), i just don't see her ever being cancelled or being truly dragged through the mud. If those lyrics do turn out to be true then the day has arrived to burn my stan card lol.

locals only

“a dark faced man stole a couple dollars from your tip jar”

“your skin is black as tar”

death sentence!

The lyrics from Black Magic (aka the second one) could be pulled off: the guy is dark and everything about him is «black». However, the black-faced stealer... 

When people alleged Hope had racist lyrics, she said she didn't have any song about race. Those stupid lyrics weren't written by her but probably by someone here and I have my little idea on who.

Well who do u suspect did it I wanna fight someone

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

The gay that wrote those lyrics needs to do their research and realize that the for Ks are fan titles. Plus miss thing would never, ever, ever pen a for K part 3, or probably openly acknowledge K again. Though I'm so thirsty for that to happen lol.

"For K, Pt. 2" isn't a fan title, though. Only the Sirens song that had been referred to as "For K" was titled that way by fans. I don't disagree with your general premise that she'll never acknowledge the concept again, but your evidence is only half right.

Ok sorry. But this has just come to my attention.

http://instagram.com/p/B0BdJcjBEOE/

LEEGIT an animated character releasing a record before sis does tenor.gif

Wow, Peppa stans are getting fed. Cover art, tracklist, release date ... 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Well who do u suspect did it I wanna fight someone

I won't say names because I think everybody should make their own opinion, and I'm nobody to accuse someone, but I thought of that person because another person here noticed that one of the lines of NFR was "you think you're Norman Fucking Rockwell" which was a line that two people were discussing a few weeks ago. And I thought about one of the two.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Lana is 32, she cant play Priscilla.

Its an obvious fake rumour anyway.

The minute that movie got announced i knew Lana would get name dropped for the role.

In saying that, maybe Baz might have her do a song? They worked together on Gatsby and shed be a perfect for for an Elvis movie.

Lana is 32, she cant play Priscilla.

Its an obvious fake rumour anyway.

The minute that movie got announced i knew Lana would get name dropped for the role.

In saying that, maybe Baz might have her do a song? They worked together on Gatsby and shed be a perfect for for an Elvis movie.

Just have them use Elvis again and have publications say it was written for the movie :teehee:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif