Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

You're still calling somebody ugly though, so don't be afraid and cry victim if someone claps back at you with the same kind of shxt. It's perspective right? Whether you say something to someone directly or without them knowing it still doesn't take away from the fact it's rude.

So the one who constantly 'jokes' about how this forum is a mental asylum / how we need to take our meds / how we're all psychotic and crazy is really going to come for someone for being rude.... lol.

locals only

I think TNBAR was there since the beginning. One of the songs she added is HTD because she announced 11 tracks in September and was working on HTD in October, and then announced 13 tracks in December or January, I don't remember. Maybe the other one is Cinnamon Girl since she teased it around the same time as HTD

I agree - she said in an interview that she already had three songs when she first started working with Jack - so I think TNBAR, HIAB and Bartender were part of the original 11.

I’m almost sure that Doin’ Time was the last thing added.

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

I can kinda see why the titles are so messy - some in all lower case, some all caps etc 

it's trying to fit in with the satirical artsy "aesthetic" of people like Ariana and Billie who use only lowercase - it's a bit of mockery really I think

I didn't really expect that BAR would get an official release. I really thought the song is dead and long forgotten.

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

Lana’s next album should be called ‘Mother Fucking Teresa’ about women who think they’re angels but are really horrible underneath it all.

The album cover would be her on the side of a boat drowning a bitch

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Lana’s next album should be called ‘Mother Fucking Teresa’ about women who think they’re angels but are really horrible underneath it all.

The album cover would be her on the side of a boat drowning a bitch

i'd listen to it

giphy.gif

I can kinda see why the titles are so messy - some in all lower case, some all caps etc

it's trying to fit in with the satirical artsy "aesthetic" of people like Ariana and Billie who use only lowercase - it's a bit of mockery really I think

I don't think there's mockery. I'd say she's giving the album a "poetic aesthetic". Capital letters are for names and important words/groups of words: Norman (fucking) Rockwell, Cinnamon Girl (could be seen as a pseudonym), The Next Best American Record (It's a big thing, it's not just a random American record, it's THE American record). Not counting MAC, VB and DT because they're in lowercase on the official album tracklist. The rest of the songs start with a capital letter but then continue in lowercase, as if it was a poetry line or a poem title: Happiness is a butterfly, Mariners apartment complex, How to disappear. HIADT also has its own particularity because it's all in lowercase, indicating she's probably taking the title out of a full sentence that doesn't start by the title.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I don't think that BAR was on the album since the beggining since if I remember correctly she said that she was thinking about releasing it as a "folk single" because "they [bAR and Yosemite] would not start the new record"

giphy.gif

I don't think that BAR was on the album since the beggining since if I remember correctly she said that she was thinking about releasing it as a "folk single" because "they [bAR and Yosemite] would not start the new record"

She said that in July 2017 tho, she didn't have plans for nfr I guess

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Let’s hope for more upbeat songs than ballads :)

So far we know are ballads: nfr, how to disappear, california, hiab

Love Song, Cinnamon Girl, TNBAR are for sure upbeat. maybe the 2 new songs for the new vid are upbeat too?

There's apparently been lyrical changes to BAR. Not sure about production wise yet, though

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Y’all I just listened to the cinnamon snippet again for the first time in a while where we get to the drop and I legit screamed thst we’re abojt to get this masterpiece and it’s five fucking minutes long like she’s truly giving us everything

There's apparently been lyrical changes to BAR. Not sure about production wise yet, though

RECEIPTS BINCH XOXO

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

The lyric changes may be very slight, only the “you” becoming “we” towards the end, and no more.

I am more concerned with the production and tempo changing. I hope it’s been completely re-recorded and thought through.

The lyric changes may be very slight, only the “you” becoming “we” towards the end, and no more.

I am more concerned with the production and tempo changing. I hope it’s been completely re-recorded and thought through.

As long as they don't touch that bridge, i'm fine with them doing whatever they want to the song.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.