Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

tbh the only thing that held LFL back was Rick. Like, how did he do Honeymoon so well but then fuck up LFL so badly? So much of that album suffers bc of poor production. Let’s be glad he didn’t get his hands on NFR! (except for Bartender and TNBAR... but still)t

Β 

not rick slander this early in the morning

Snippets leaked, she's shooting another video, I think that's about it.

Β 

thank you so much!

Come on guys, ofc I'm excited for this album, and there are songs I'm really looking forward to hear in full... but I can't help thinking that Jack's production makes none of these songs really stand out.

Come on guys, ofc I'm excited for this album, and there are songs I'm really looking forward to hear in full... but I can't help thinking that Jack's production makes none of these songs really stand out.

that’s ok you’re entitled to your wrong opinion

qfrWuBl.png

I think VB and MAC already stand out in her discography and there is no reason for me to believe the rest won’t follow suit.

Unless I’ve missed them has anyone else noticed the lack of scat gifs this era? We love a squeaky clean message board

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

NFR is definitely stripped back than the other albums but I'm gonna wait to listen to the songs in full because we might get some good guitar riffs somewhere...

β™‘Β Β standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenΒ β™‘

LFL feels so out of place now that NFR is coming out. It sounds even more like a fan made playlist rather than an album. I’m glad she’s back on track and making the most amazing songs which actually sound good put together. LFL is officially cancelled!!

Anyways.. :hottie:

I can’t stop listening to the snippet either. I love them all so much but Fuck it I love you. It’s a cute song but I can’t get into the way she sings the chorus.. it just sounds weird. I also don’t like HTD’s production.. other than that I can’t wait to listen to the album in its entirety. I just don’t like 2 out of 14 songs so I’m satisfied.. and I might change my mind once I get to hear those in full

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

LFL would've been better if it had:

-No In Mah Fee-fees, BPBP, and So Good instead of Summer

-Less trap beats

-A cohesive tracklist

-A different cover

-TNBAR and Yosemite

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Isn’t it a bit early to judge the production of the songs based on 30-second snippets? Again, nobody predicted the guitar and synth explosion coming from VB based on the snippet Lana posted in the first place.

Hope is stripped back a lot, but it closes the album and doesn’t need anything else in my opinion to be more poignant.

LFL having some of her highest critic scores shows that they just go along with whatever the public narrative is. They realized it was becoming trendy to acclaim Lana, so everyone jumped on board.

Unless I’ve missed them has anyone else noticed the lack of scat gifs this era? We love a squeaky clean message board

Β 

I'm at work and browse this thread at work frequently. please don'tΒ  :defeated:Β  :defeated:Β  :defeated:

paradise is a hell-colored flame sky

After hearing the snippets I got excited again but I still don’t hear the rhcp vibes sis spoke about. Do we think maybe she misspoke?

Β 

Or maybe once we hear the whole song they’ll appear. Much to think about

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

LFL having some of her highest critic scores shows that they just go along with whatever the public narrative is. They realized it was becoming trendy to acclaim Lana, so everyone jumped on board.

seriously, if LFL was nominated for a grammy, i actually believe that NFR can be nominated too, maybe even for AOTY (the grammys are pathetic though either way i just want her to attend)

can she add more dates to the tour like there are only 8 dates in the US, 4 in the UK and 4 in Europe :rip:

like are you for real?Β  :facepalm:

i know, i'm fortunate enough to an hour away from New York but there should at least 5 more US dates and 5 more European dates

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I think Lana can snatch a grammy for best alternative album if she's nominated. Hell maybe she's even got a shot in the rock categories, Masseduction won best rock song so Venice Bitch can win tooΒ  :flutter:

into your eyesΒ tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gifΒ my face remains