Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I think my fave is Cinnamon. I hate being basic, but I'm a sucker for how dreamy and pretty and emotional it is. It does things to me. Makes me wanna go out and get a boyfriend who's emotionally distant and doesn't love me as much as I love him, just so I can listen to it while thinking of all the things I want to say to him but can't.  :defeated:

I think my fave is Cinnamon. I hate being basic, but I'm a sucker for how dreamy and pretty and emotional it is. It does things to me. Makes me wanna go out and get a boyfriend who's emotionally distant and doesn't love me as much as I love him, just so I can listen to it while thinking of all the things I want to say to him but can't.  :defeated:

careful what you wish for...

Did someone add the NFR tracks to the Lana song sorter yet?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I just... bartenders lyrics are so good. (Speaking strictly in terms of Lana stuff)

I love the cherry cola line. Like I said the other day all of these Lana-isms (America-isms I guess?) evolve with her; “cola” may be something she’s used before but in the past she was using it to describe her pussy and now she’s using it to reference her sobriety and it being what she orders at a bar. I certainly don’t think that’s a cliché line particularly in pop music today.

We must agree to disagree, though.

Honestly I like Cinnamon Girl but it’s the exact same song from 1 year ago so it’s hard for me to be all that in love with it or excited when it’s existed for so long.

same :rip: I'm excited we finally have it in such quality, but it's the same verse and chorus we've heard repeated 3 times + the unnecessary outro

here is my ranking from best to not as good - i actually like the whole album so this was hard to do

1. Love Song

2. Cinnamon Girl

3. California

4. The Greatest

5. Happiness Is A Butterfly

6. Venice Bitch

7. Fuck It, I Love You

8. Mariners Apt Complex

9. Norman Fucking Rockwell

10. The Next Best American Record

11. Bartender

12. Doin' Time

13. Hope

14. How To Disappear

g68BRo8.gif

i listened to each cinnamon girl snippet once before the album so i’m obsessed with it now

i understand why people who listened to the snippets a lot might be disappointed in it though since they’ve already heard most of it

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

This thread has overtaken the Charli XCX for most replies :D

#CharliBoardsIsOverParty

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Regarding California's pre-chorus

It just hit me that Lana openly stated that she'd read someone else's correspondence with her ex lol

So you think this is a real story? Who could possibly keep in touch with him (Barrie lol)?

I know it's so random I can't believe I typed this its 5am here and I'm all over the place

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Honestly I like Cinnamon Girl but it’s the exact same song from 1 year ago so it’s hard for me to be all that in love with it or excited when it’s existed for so long.

I've seen a lot of ppl say getting to hear so much of the album kind of soured their experience, but weirdly all my faves are songs I've heard loads of times (love all the new ones too). Her songs don't really get old for me.

This thread has overtaken the Charli XCX for most replies :D

Y’all ready did that in less than a year... the Charli XCX thread has been active for 7 years

Is it true there's going to be a Doin Time music video? It's what's being talked about all over twitter and instagram and there's even a new pic of Lana supposely from the video. 

Also, a 2nd trailer for that Charlie's Angel movie came out and the song is there.

okay so i really wanna do a double mv of love song and cinnamon girl but im having trouble thinking of films to use. i made one for bartender (with 'house' [1977]) and the greatest (with 'la la land') and im planning on uploading them tomorrow night

giphy.gif

So our goal for the post release thread will be what, passing up the Charli thread before the next pre-release thread?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole