Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I mean the song, not the whole album.

The honeymoon instrumental is so intricate and cinematic and beautiful though. I put it on to calm down or when I'm trying to get into a creative mode of mind. To my ears it's one of the most beautiful instrumentals of hers.

locals only

i didn't even say you were wrong i was just adding that stevie nicks has multiple ventures whereas lana is just lana, she doesn't have a band or another musical project so calm down sis

I wasn’t trying fight you... I’m just a huge Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac fan and I just was clearing up any misunderstandings about her in regards to performing so we’re all on the same page. I just can’t help myself when anyone brings up Stevie.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

The only version out right now is a mono 128kbps rip

Oh no there’s a 320kbps going around. And trust me...

the level that track is on in HQ whew it gave me goosebumps to my fucking core holy hell

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i didn't even say you were wrong i was just adding that stevie nicks has multiple ventures whereas lana is just lana, she doesn't have a band or another musical project so calm down sis

i never said you were wrong i said 'not necessarily' because a lot of groups don't tour anymore or do small venues once in a while, so you cant compare bands like the stones and fleetwood mac to 'smaller groups' like the new york dolls or iggy pop who has been doing mainly festival shows not headlining tours

Why would I be talking about groups who don't tour anymore? They are not relevant in a conversation about older bands touring. This conversation is regarding ageing bands, AKA those who DO still tour! 

With Iggy & The Stooges, they performed a lot from 2003 - 2008, ESPECIALLY the Weirdness tour (huge tour for them!!!) but a lot was put to a halt once Ron died! Not exactly comparable to Lana's situation, really!

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I honestly can't with this album. Some of the stuff I've heard on it literally makes my stomach hurt from how sad it feels. And like, I eat that shit up, I love me some sad, melancholy music, but some of the stuff on this album, it physically pains me. I'm here for that, but OOF. (not talking about leaks, just snippets and songs that have already been released).

each album has a bad memory with a different jerk/ex and now i was so happy that NFR is coming and im single so no bad memories but damn having a crush on someone is getting real  :creep: i want one album with no memories 

lana will never top the paradise tour ugh with the string quartet, the stage setup, no backup dancers, the outfits and the live vocals wow truly her best era :defeated:

no backup dancers :defeated:

:smile3:

2013-2015 tours were stunning. She was clearly feeling the music, she looked beautiful, the aesthetics were gorgeous, and it was just her and the band.

dont get me wrong i dont hate them they seem nice but honestly sometimes they make u feel like they're the stars of the stage and sometimes they block her even the camera sometimes focus on them and they add NO value to the stage, watching them dancing there is really annoying and makes no sense

sometimes i dont understand lana she even had them with the 2nd album cover and trailer, i mean she can love whoever she wants but she should keep this from her career for example when she does this with her sis chuck, i honestly don't like chuck works when it comes to lana but when she shows something other than lana she seems really talented so its confusing me ugh anyway its her choice she owes me nothing lol

:smile3:

pretty sure FIILY isn't in 320kbps yet, but i heard a pretty decent version that wasn't muffled at all and it was still amazing. would like to hear a 320 or lossless version tho

giphy.gif

The honeymoon instrumental is so intricate and cinematic and beautiful though. I put it on to calm down or when I'm trying to get into a creative mode of mind. To my ears it's one of the most beautiful instrumentals of hers.

honeymoon (album) finally fully clicked with me mid fall 2017 on a depressing night alone in my RA dorm. it was raining outside and i'd probably taken a xanax skds;la and i literally just turned all the lights off and played the album over my bluetooth speaker, me lying in bed on my chest looking down at the street. and wow what a very surreal and serene experience.

ride is my favorite song that happens to be an opener but honeymoon is my favorite opener in its function as the opener. stunning. the bridge, ah.

But is it because they love it, or because that's where most of the revenue they can make from music comes from in the age of streaming?

Depends which act you're talking about!

I'd say Roger Waters & David Gilmour for example love it! Plus, you could make that argument for many modern acts as well, even Lana (and especially in the future!)

Pink Floyd PRIME:

Division Bell (final!) - 112

Atom Heart - 92

In The Flesh - 55

Dark Side - 132

The Man & Journey - 29

Meddle - 26

Momentary Lapse - 198

The Wall - 31

World Tour - 116

Wish You Were Here - 29

Total = 820 shows for 26 years!

Now, we will see Roger Waters TODAY:

Dark Side - 119

In The Flesh - 105

Us + Them - 157

The Wall - 219

Pros & Cons -  36 (but it's Roger's first solo tour when the band was still "together" - count this in whichever one u want!)

Radio K.A.O.S - 37 ( ^Likewise!)

Total = 600 in 20 years! (when not counting the two solo tours when Pink Floyd was still "active"! If counting, then 673!)

David Gilmour POST-Pink Floyd (started as late as 2006!):

On An Island - 33

Rattle That Lock - 50

Total = 83 in 10 years!

So it isn't all linear! 

Anyway, we must move on!

I'm excited to hear Fuck It I Love You in GOOD quality this week! It may not be her best album, but it is solid.

The video for The Greatest looks beautiful too! Love her makeup and the nods at Video Games lyrics and how it mirrors Ride in the clip we saw!  :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot: