Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Am I the only one in this fanbase who adores LFL? I don’t get the hate and it makes me sad.

There are some pretty good tracks on it, but the album as a hole is a mess and full of questionable last-minute-decisions. Especially after UV and HM were both so cohesive, artistic and she seemingly started to "mature" a lot with Hm, LFL just felt like a big step back.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Am I the only one in this fanbase who adores LFL? I don’t get the hate and it makes me sad.

i feel like i need someone to explain the tracklist to me, there's so many different styles on the album it doesn't feel cohesive even though i love most songs individually

Since we are getting the mv on Thursday, when should we expect the songs on spotify?

On Thursday too probably

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

i feel like i need someone to explain the tracklist to me, there's so many different styles on the album it doesn't feel cohesive even though i love most songs individually

I feel like when you listen to LFL on vinyl, it makes much more sense. It’s almost like it’s split into four little “suites” of songs that way. And the way each side opens works so nicely. And where the first disc ends and the second starts feels like the prefect break of act one and act two. Idk I think it flows nicely, especially since similar styled songs are grouped together and the transition between genres isn’t so jarring.

Sorry, I know this belongs in the LFL thread but it felt like the time to say it.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Since we are getting the mv on Thursday, when should we expect the songs on spotify?

i'd hope it wouldn't be too long after the release of the video since wouldn't streams be important or whatever? but with the way things have been w lana's management recently who knows :toofloppy:

btw did lana forget the two music videos she did last year for songs on nfr that fiily and tg will be the 'first video' in her mind

Stevie Nicks: :flutter: *is 71*  :flutter:

Del Rey added: “Stevie's one of the few people I know that says the muse is the most important thing to her. More than anything else, her priority is just following the muse wherever it takes her, whether it’s a 60-date tour or new record or solo endeavour. So she’s inspirational like that.”  :flutter:

Lana LOVES that Stevie is still touring! :flutter: I recall her seeing Carole King, who is in her late 70s, in 2015-2016 also!  :flutter:  LOVE IT!!!  :flutter:

doesn't mean that she wants to tour at 71

she barely tours now at 30 something

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I actually think Lana is at that point in her life where she wants to be more low-key and just focus on purely being a poet. She might still write music, but only release a few singles a year. There could be other albums on the horizon but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't. I don't know her personally (duh), but it's not hard to see where she wants to be. Lyrics can be very telling. The Greatest really does imply she's just tired of it all. And not to sound ageist but she's not getting any younger. Maybe she just wants to do different things and explore other hobbies aside from music. I can't imagine her being like Madonna or Cher, still touring and singing well into her 50's/60's.

I can't imagine her being like Madonna or Cher either, but I can easily imagine her being like Marianne Faithfull or Joan Baez, releasing songs like these when she's in her 70's: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndseNmYb4s0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAk1D8kTtFI

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Exactly! I love listening to uv of hm as a whole album but with lfl it just doesn't make sense. You see her talking about love first then it goes to political stuff and then her trying to change and find the meaning of life. It's not cohesive.

I feel like when you listen to LFL on vinyl, it makes much more sense. It’s almost like it’s split into four little “suites” of songs that way. And the way each side opens works so nicely. And where the first disc ends and the second starts feels like the prefect break of act one and act two. Idk I think it flows nicely, especially since similar styled songs are grouped together and the transition between genres isn’t so jarring.

Sorry, I know this belongs in the LFL thread but it felt like the time to say it.

thank you :) i guess i mean more in narrative terms… what is the thread tying it together, what is the story she's telling.

maybe it's just the common sense deduction and i'm reading too much into it. i just feel like i'm missing something.

I mean, I highly doubt Lana will be still touring at 71, but how much she tours now probably won’t determine how much she tours in a few decades. Stevie Nicks tours way more now than she did at Lana’s age.

btw did lana forget the two music videos she did last year for songs on nfr that fiily and tg will be the 'first video' in her mind

Most older rockstars nowadays are touring far more than they ever did in their primes

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I mean, I highly doubt Lana will be still touring at 71, but how much she tours now probably won’t determine how much she tours in a few decades. Stevie Nicks tours way more now than she did at Lana’s age.

stevie has fleetwood mac in addition to her solo endeavors though and i believe they just ended/are currently on their final tour

i just can't see modern music culture touring like how some are touring in their 60s+ now so i don't know

Most older rockstars nowadays are touring far more than they ever did in their primes

no, not necessarily

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

thank you :) i guess i mean more in narrative terms… what is the thread tying it together, what is the story she's telling.

maybe it's just the common sense deduction and i'm reading too much into it. i just feel like i'm missing something.

Actually, I feel like it has more of a narrative than her other albums. It’s like her spiritual/political awakening. The first side she’s still kind of hung up on love, the second side is more her having fun and being cool which ends with her realizing the world is a mess, then the third side is her coming into that awakening seeing the world around her then goes into the fourth side of her trying to change and be better and finally ending in the death of ego almost. Idk it feels like a very linear story. But we all see different things in her albums.