Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

after listening to the Greatest again i really think that it's about her quitting?? like "the culture is lit and i had a ball, but i guess i'm burned out after all" and "i miss doing nothing" etc..? i'm scared

lowkey same with the placement of grace in the video clip she showed, but she's written, recorded, and released LFA long since writing the greatest. I wouldn't be too worried

locals only

lowkey same with the placement of grace in the video clip she showed, but she's written, recorded, and released LFA long since writing the greatest. I wouldn't be too worried

wait you have a good point here  :defeated:  thank you for saying that and giving me hope 

after listening to the Greatest again i really think that it's about her quitting?? like "the culture is lit and i had a ball, but i guess i'm burned out after all" and "i miss doing nothing" etc..? i'm scared

Just like with Swan Song, I doubt she’s really going to quit. She seems to not want to be famous really anymore, but she loves writing and creating music so much that I don’t think she’d be able to quit for very long. It’s almost like a cruel joke, having to pick between your art and your life. That’s why Joni Mitchell “quit” after almost every album just to return in no time with another. Some people are just born to create music and can’t stop even though they’re tired of the business and fame.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

It's not even the title track of Grace; it's Last Goodbye  :derpna2:

I actually think Lana is at that point in her life where she wants to be more low-key and just focus on purely being a poet. She might still write music, but only release a few singles a year. There could be other albums on the horizon but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't. I don't know her personally (duh), but it's not hard to see where she wants to be. Lyrics can be very telling. The Greatest really does imply she's just tired of it all. And not to sound ageist but she's not getting any younger. Maybe she just wants to do different things and explore other hobbies aside from music. I can't imagine her being like Madonna or Cher, still touring and singing well into her 50's/60's.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

So who hasn’t listened to the recordings yet?

giphy.gif

Also I've listened to the snippets like a handful of times... a few when they first surfaced and once today 

I want to mention though, that one of the reasons Honeymoon is perhaps Lana's most magnificent album is that not only she was beautifully inspired and in such a complex state of mind; the team itself was brilliant. Lana in such a mindset, obviously playing the main role... Rick and his gorgeous ideas on composition and production (with all his team of professional players) and Kieron focusing strictly on the drum work... such a well-made project! :defeated:

didn’t kieron quit :deadbanana: i would die for a honeymoon part 2 :oprah:

Random question: Do you guys think she's actually going to change the entire setlist of her upcoming tour? It's the first time she actually has a tour that's called after her album titled, and also right after the album comes out instead of tour in between albums and giving random names to the tours?

She's gonna replace 2 songs with The Greatest and Fuck it, I love you and that's it :kiss3:

So who hasn’t listened to the recordings yet?

me I'm just reading this thread having no clue what anyone is talking about with lyrics and that song sounding like another song and whatnot

tenor.gif

I actually think Lana is at that point in her life where she wants to be more low-key and just focus on purely being a poet. She might still write music, but only release a few singles a year. There could be other albums on the horizon but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't. I don't know her personally (duh), but it's not hard to see where she wants to be. Lyrics can be very telling. The Greatest really does imply she's just tired of it all. And not to sound ageist but she's not getting any younger. Maybe she just wants to do different things and explore other hobbies aside from music. I can't imagine her being like Madonna or Cher, still touring and singing well into her 50's/60's.

Cher is 73.

I feel like the way she was feeling while writing The Greatest (and a lot of the songs for this album) could have led to her taking a break earlier this year. Maybe she just wants to balance her music career with enough downtime and everyday life to keep herself from having a breakdown. Maybe she knows she’d never be able to quit for good. Maybe getting enough down time makes her actually excited to get out and perform. I mean, I’d be pretty tired too after the eventful decade she’s had.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I can't imagine her being like Madonna or Cher, still touring and singing well into her 50's/60's.

Stevie Nicks: :flutter: *is 71*  :flutter:

Del Rey added: “Stevie's one of the few people I know that says the muse is the most important thing to her. More than anything else, her priority is just following the muse wherever it takes her, whether it’s a 60-date tour or new record or solo endeavour. So she’s inspirational like that.”  :flutter:

Lana LOVES that Stevie is still touring! :flutter: I recall her seeing Carole King, who is in her late 70s, in 2015-2016 also!  :flutter:  LOVE IT!!!  :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot: