Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

About the producers thing... The best indicator of who the next producer will be is probably who she feels most comfortable with. The music industry is still a male-dominated business and it's not easy for a female singer to not be told constantly what to do. Rick is Lana's yes man, Jack seems to give a lot of space to the artists he works with as well. Dan and lana had a couple of Β«argumentsΒ» over some choices while making UV. Nothing that couldnt be resolved, but still. I love UV, love its guitars and its raw side, but she might have closed the door for a possible collaboration with Dan when she turned him down when she was making HM (he had offered to do a song or two, but she thought HM wasn't going in UV's direction and declined).Β 

But hey, it's Lana we're talking about: almost anything is possible with her.Β 

Pretty sure for the time being Lana is all about working with Jack?

jack antonoff did with one song (venice bitch) what dan and rick couldn't do with four separate full length albums

Β 

he also did it with hope but you know... in a bad way...

into your eyesΒ tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gifΒ my face remains

Pretty sure for the time being Lana is all about working with Jack?

Β 

I'm not against it :)

Their work together must have been pleasant if she can have him record and coproduce a song in a couple of days.Β 

jack antonoff did with one song (venice bitch) what dan and rick couldn't do with four separate full length albums

and he also ruined her best unreleased song. RIP BAR.

Father John Misty! They would mesh so well together on a song and I’m kinda surprised they haven’t done one yet. They both have that similar retro but modern vibe and have very conversational tones to their voices.

And even though I’ll probably get lots of hate for this, I’d also really like Lana to collab with Taylor Swift someday. They’re probably the best songwriters of our generation. Just imagine the song they’d write together.

I’ve wanted a FJM collab for so long now when the Freak video dropped I flipped my shit I was so excited. Still need them to make a song together.

Β 

Speaking of, the snippet of NFR reminds me of his latest album cover. It’s him holding his head and it’s got a blue tint to it, and Lana sings on NFR β€œyour head in your hands as you color me blue”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I think Jack will probably produce the next album too since they're still working together, I just wish they'd come up with something new. I'm not against NFR being mellow, laid back, more stripped down and stuff but I hope they don't repeat this sound. I would love if they played with synths more, I know Jack can serve some dope synths.

Jack wasn't involved in that

My bad, well Lana did herself dirty on her own song then oof

Jack gets Lana and her sound better than any producer she has worked with. They have the best chemistry by far.

Β 

His understated instrumentation is so hauntingly beautiful, I could talk about it for days.Β  :flutter:Β 

Β 

No other producer comes nowhere near his brilliance.Β 

and he also ruined her best unreleased song. RIP BAR.

Β 

I mean I agree that Jack's work pales in comparison to the other people she's worked with but how are u gonna praise BAR when it's flat, lifeless and a total snoozefest while also saying Jack's work sucks for those reasons?

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Low key thought we were gonna get something kinda like MASSEDUCTION when I heard jack and as producing ..

idk if Lana's sound could carry over into something like masseduction. its big and bombastic and electronic mostly.

giphy.gif

Jack gets Lana and her sound better than any producer she has worked with. They have the best chemistry by far.

Β 

His understated instrumentation is so hauntingly beautiful, I could talk about it for days.Β  :flutter:

Β 

No other producer comes nowhere near his brilliance.Β 

I think that's a bold statement.

Β 

While I don't dislike the instrumentals per se, and think that the majority of the songs on this record sound beautiful, I feel like the final mixing of the songs make them sound a bit dry and flat. Like they lack beats to balance them out (either in the form of synth of percussions).

Β 

Also I feel like Rick is the one that gets her the most, they literally did her best album together Honeymoon (but also arguably her least interesting too: Lust for Life)

Β 

Anyway, I'm really eager to hear the HQ version of this album and really make up my mind about it all, so far it's bit hit or miss for me.

Low key thought we were gonna get something kinda like MASSEDUCTION when I heard jack was producing ..

Β 

Same lmao but most of Masseduction's sound is due to Anne herself since she loves a good guitar riff and electronic elements.