Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

California chorus makes me think a lot of Cat Power's cover of In This Hole. I wouldn't even be half surprised if it was inspired even vaguely

I absolutely fucking love the leaked version of California we have that sounds like we're listening from another room. It fits the song so well.

ZKcaooE.png

i just listened to UV after a very long time and woo NFR is gonna have a tough time

sammeeeee. i listened to like 7 seconds of Cruel world and was like “nope this will always be her best album”

they each have their own interesting styles but nope. 

to expand- say what you want about UV and HM's lyrics, but it's undeniable that the instrumentals are beautiful and interesting in their own rights and idk whether i'd say the same for some of jackoff's.

We have to wait for the Instrmentals to leak first.

I would rank them like this (so far):

Dan Auerbach

Jack Antonoff (we will see if he tops Dan)

Rick Nowels

the others

Mfhp.gif

honestly by a show of hands who here honestly think that Jackrabbit Antonoff is on the same level as Rick Nowels, Dan Auerbach or even Rick Ruben? Don't be scared, this is a judgement free zone. 

I'd let Dan use me for a month if he produced another Lana record

giphy.gif

In 10 days, NFR will be universally recognised as the best album of Lana's career, a magnum opus. 

Ultraviolence and Honeymoon stans will only be able to sit back and watch as the critics shower NFR with massive acclaim.

tumblr_inline_o1vsx1VMWW1tzyu9y_500.gif

sammeeeee. i listened to like 7 seconds of Cruel world and was like “nope this will always be her best album”

Nah I didn't say that but sometimes I forget just how good it is. However I already prefer Norman I think; mainly because of its 'anything whatever' attitude... while Ultra is absolute total drama... she really let out her Leo Moon with that one.

Yall here with producers or whatever... i want lana’s next album to be written and produced by whoever wrote “in the cock in the cock in the cockpit i’m your baby”

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

We have to wait for the Instrmentals to leak first.

I would rank them like this (so far):

Dan Auerbach

Jack Antonoff (we will see if he tops Dan)

Rick Nowels

the others

For me there's no way he'd top Auerbach's drama and definitely no way he'd top the cinematic intricate masterpiece that is Nowel's work tbh

locals only

if lana could collab with any other musical artist working today, who would you want it to be and why? i personally think she should work with Tyler, the Creator because he's my second favorite artist next to Lana and they're already friends or at least acquainted. plus their styles are very different but definitely have a little overlap in my opinion.

giphy.gif

if lana could collab with any other musical artist working today, who would you want it to be and why? i personally think she should work with Tyler, the Creator because he's my second favorite artist next to Lana and they're already friends or at least acquainted. plus their styles are very different but definitely have a little overlap in my opinion.

mmmm maybe nirvana

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Cigarettes After Sex

They’re a male version of Lana for me

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

For me there's no way he'd top Auerbach's drama and definitely no way he'd top the cinematic intricate masterpiece that is Nowel's work tbh

Nowels has some boring songs. Dan has some odd ones too.

Mfhp.gif

Nowels has some boring songs. Dan has some odd ones too.

aaand Jack is all about that dry/flat tone in his instrumentals.

i can actually picture her performing with dave and krist maybe a new studio version of heart shaped box someday

a studio version of heart shaped box would be exquisite  

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

VB, MAC & HIADT have nice instrumentals. Unlike HM, TOW & FMWUTTT.

Honeymoon has beautiful instrumentals what are you talking about 

honestly by a show of hands who here honestly think that Jackrabbit Antonoff is on the same level as Rick Nowels, Dan Auerbach or even Rick Ruben? Don't be scared, this is a judgement free zone.

He's not on the same level. He's superior, bish

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

It's not even called In Your Car for one...

And who cares if it's "cliche"... that just showing your true colors as a fan that you distance yourself from it because of it being "cliche".  That's pretty cliche of what douchey hipsters do.

I'll call it by the name it deserves :whatever: 

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.