Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i feel like i need someone to explain the tracklist to me, there's so many different styles on the album it doesn't feel cohesive even though i love most songs individually

The story that I read in LFL is the following: a woman in her thirties, growing, becoming more mature. She is acknowledging the world a bit more outside herself , reflects on her life in general (Love, 13 Beaches, the political tracks), falls in love again... only to realize the guy is pretty much like her exes (LFL, Cherry, WM, SB, GL, IMF, BPBP, TNC). She wants to change, to be happy, feels it could happen, but is still pulled back by old patterns (Change, Heroin, Get Free). 

stevie has fleetwood mac in addition to her solo endeavors though and i believe they just ended/are currently on their final tour

i just can't see modern music culture touring like how some are touring in their 60s+ now so i don't know

Stevie Nicks always had both Fleetwood Mac and her solo career and both were at like the height when she was Lana’s age. She still didn’t tour as much as she does now. She even knows she tours more now because she when she’s not, she gets bored and starts aging faster. Also FM have done so many farewell tours and they've all admitted they’ll probably never stop and keep referring to their tours as the last one “just in case”.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

btw did lana forget the two music videos she did last year for songs on nfr that fiily and tg will be the 'first video' in her mind

doesn't mean that she wants to tour at 71

she barely tours now at 30 something

I see her doing smaller venues, once in while, in her old days (probably just in california lol), once she has been a bit forgotten by everyone. Something very simple. But again, who knows with her?

Lana literally breathes through music this bitch ain't gonna stop soon except if she run out of ideas which is very possible cause she has written maaany songs

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

SO I talked to lana and her manager and they confirmed that this album will be the best of the best like all star can go wash lana’s toilet

But Also that We are all beautiful and AMAZIN

no, not necessarily

Yes absolutely necessarily, it is known! I will use Stevie as the example!

Fleetwood Mac PRIME:

​Fleetwood Mac - 128 

Rumours - 96 

Mirage - 31

Tusk - 112 

Heroes Are Hard To Find - 43

Total = 410 shows in approx 2 decades!

Shake The Cage - 69 (this one can go either way! It was their first without Lindsey though which is a big milestone! If we add it to PRIME, it is still only 479 dates!)

Fleetwood Mac PAST PRIME:

Say You Will - 137 

An Evening With Fleetwood Mac - 87

Fleetwood Mac Live - 66

On With The Show - 120

Unleashed - 81

Total = 491 shows since 2003!

This applies to MANY ageing bands!  :flutter:

This is not counting Stevie solo, of course!  :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Actually, I feel like it has more of a narrative than her other albums. It’s like her spiritual/political awakening. The first side she’s still kind of hung up on love, the second side is more her having fun and being cool which ends with her realizing the world is a mess, then the third side is her coming into that awakening seeing the world around her then goes into the fourth side of her trying to change and be better and finally ending in the death of ego almost. Idk it feels like a very linear story. But we all see different things in her albums.

Agreed! I think it's a very coherent album.

Lana literally breathes through music this bitch ain't gonna stop soon except if she run out of ideas which is very possible cause she has written maaany songs

And she has at least one song on each album that could indicate that she « retires » soon if we want to read that into it. This era, it’s The Greatest that has us worried, so nothing new.

Honeymoon has beautiful instrumentals what are you talking about 

I mean the song, not the whole album.

She could still release her unreleased songs.

Mfhp.gif

it still kind of blows my mind some people still think lana is going to retire or even take a long break after this album. after born to die she said she wasn't even going to make music anymore but look where she's at 5 albums later, she wrote the lust for life title track right after she finished honeymoon, she started writing songs for nfr back in 2016, this bitch is never going to stop writing and making music it's pretty much her whole life and i think she still loves doing it and i don't think the fame bothers her as much as we think it does cause she's over here name dropping kanye west in her songs knowing it's going to draw some kind of attention  :toofunny: but anyways she's probably already writing songs for her next album that'll come out in 2 years

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Most older rockstars nowadays are touring far more than they ever did in their primes

But is it because they love it, or because that's where most of the revenue they can make from music comes from in the age of streaming?

I don't think Lana will retire, as in, no longer sing. She will probably settle down one day (maybe have children?) and do a few shows every couple years when she feels like it. I don't think she will ever stop making music, that is her path to self-discovery and communication, and that's a lifetime's journey for such an introspective person like her. Cat Power is almost 50 and I don't see her stop perfoming.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

Stevie Nicks always had both Fleetwood Mac and her solo career and both were at like the height when she was Lana’s age. She still didn’t tour as much as she does now. She even knows she tours more now because she when she’s not, she gets bored and starts aging faster. Also FM have done so many farewell tours and they've all admitted they’ll probably never stop and keep referring to their tours as the last one “just in case”.

i didn't even say you were wrong i was just adding that stevie nicks has multiple ventures whereas lana is just lana, she doesn't have a band or another musical project so calm down sis

Yes absolutely necessarily, it is known! I will use Stevie as the example!

Fleetwood Mac PRIME:

​Fleetwood Mac - 128 

Rumours - 96 

Mirage - 31

Tusk - 112 

Heroes Are Hard To Find - 43

Total = 410 shows in approx 2 decades!

Shake The Cage - 69 (this one can go either way! It was their first without Lindsey though which is a big milestone!)

Fleetwood Mac PAST PRIME:

Say You Will - 137 

An Evening With Fleetwood Mac - 87

Fleetwood Mac Live - 66

On With The Show - 120

Unleashed - 81

Total = 491 shows since 2003!

This applies to MANY ageing bands!  :flutter:

This is not counting Stevie solo, of course!  :flutter:

i never said you were wrong i said 'not necessarily' because a lot of groups don't tour anymore or do small venues once in a while, so you cant compare bands like the stones and fleetwood mac to 'smaller groups' like the new york dolls or iggy pop who has been doing mainly festival shows not headlining tours

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I keep going to listen to the fiily that we got from YouTube and 10 seconds in each time I quit because the quality is so shit. Thursday can’t come soon enough so i can hear it in HQ.

You haven’t heard it in the HQ version? Holy fuck be ready your ears are going to explode

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole