Say Yes to Heaven

New single: "Doin' Time" (Sublime cover) - OUT NOW

Wow, so this was in fact a cover. After people started pointing it out I started to believe it more and more so I listened to the original and I very much love that song already, so I'm glad Lana is covering it. Just saw the snippet on her instagram too and it does sound pretty good. Maybe this will bring back the rock vibe to this era, I'm so here for it!!! 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I'm still.puzzled as to why she'd elect to put out a cover instead of an original song, though. Maybe this wasn't (isn't?) going to be on NFR. 

Who cares; I like what I've heard so far. It's pretty much how I imagined she'd sing that song. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

in my opinion covers have pretty much always been her weakness (except for Heart-Shaped Box and Summer Wine which is cute)

Well, imho Chelsea Hotel No 2 and Goodbye Kiss were (are) awesome as well. The new cover sounds pretty promising, I'm a lil bit hyped for the song now. :)

Honestly I wish I didn't know this was a cover lol, because from the snippet I actually think it sounds really cool, but it's just soooooo lazy to put out a cover as a single ? And if this is a standalone single not related to NFR I have no words. Like sis just fucking release Cinnamon and be done with it

FzytWEW.png

This was posted in the NFR thread by @@Say Yes to Heaven, but it looks like this song will not be a part of NFR but rather will be featured in the Sublime documentary that recently premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. This news is confirmed by this article.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

We called it. Damn. The follow-up to my covers-themed Lana Del Reydio podcast will never be finished. Oh well. This is a good problem to have. And it will give me the perfect segue into dropping some unknown info I've been saving for it.

I'm so excited for new podcats!! I remember listening to the previous one (ones? I don't remember) on a loop in London a few years ago while working. Such good times and such amazing pieces :)

Sorry for going off topic but... Woah, LanaBoards had their own podcasts?? :0

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Sorry for going off topic but... Woah, LanaBoards had their own podcasts?? :0

Sort of... it wasn't officially affiliated with the forum and was actually started back in the LDR.FM days by @RileyThomas, but it was hosted by different people who were members here. Most hosted it live and unscripted, interacting with and taking requests from a live chat. I wasn't comfortable doing it that way and wanted to do a more polished, informative, scripted format, but in the process I probably effectively killed it by setting the bar too high and making it too much work. I have a pretty detailed outline for a massive followup podcast and rough drafts of some portions that I've been working on more or less ever since I finished those ones over 6 years ago (holy shit), but between fatherhood and existential Trump dread I haven't found the time to finish it. Someday hopefully. But I wouldn't be opposed someone else picking up the mantle with a live format in the interim.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

soooooo i found the video someone posted of the end credits, unfortunately since its ig its only 10 seconds long and we don't get to hear that much more than what we already have but still it's more than nothing 

[removed]

Edited by Elle
just to be on the safe side, I removed the video x

UbsOye5.png

Sort of... it wasn't officially affiliated with the forum and was actually started back in the LDR.FM days by @RileyThomas, but it was hosted by different people who were members here. Most hosted it live and unscripted, interacting with and taking requests from a live chat. I wasn't comfortable doing it that way and wanted to do a more polished, informative, scripted format, but in the process I probably effectively killed it by setting the bar too high and making it too much work. I have a pretty detailed outline for a massive followup podcast and rough drafts of some portions that I've been working on more or less ever since I finished those ones over 6 years ago (holy shit), but between fatherhood and existential Trump dread I haven't found the time to finish it. Someday hopefully. But I wouldn't be opposed someone else picking up the mantle with a live format in the interim.

Oh wow, everything sounds... so interesting! Really cool! Too bad I wasn’t here back then. :) Your ideas sound so grand, it’d be awesome if you found time to share them someday. A scripted format would definitely be interesting. And I get it, time kind of just flies away, especially with kids, I imagine!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

soooooo i found the video someone posted of the end credits, unfortunately since its ig its only 10 seconds long and we don't get to hear that much more than what we already have but still it's more than nothing 

[removed]

whewww a classic

qfrWuBl.png

[removed]

I love the drums!!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

[removed]

wow it's a... bop?? i want it so badly 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever