Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,019 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

The album is so much better once you remove doin time and tnbar... all completely waste of spaces and add nothing to the album

Fixedt

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Ok I have three things to say.

One, it’s just so fucking beautiful for me to read everyone here from all over the world sharing feelings and experiences from listening to the record in our day-to-day life, while driving, smoking, chilling or whatever. I don’t know it’s like even if everyone comes from a different place or is at a different place in life atm, there is a feeling connected to the music that I am sure almost everybody here feels.

2, is it me or is Love Song mix all over the place? Like some parts are really low and then the piano comes in REAL loud and it hurts my ears, mostly when I play the song at high volume.

3. Are there any European fans here who have been to a Lana arena show before and can give me a rough estimate of how many early entry tickets are usually sold ? Like how far back would early entry rows get to?

Thank you xxxx

2, is it me or is Love Song mix all over the place? Like some parts are really low and then the piano comes in REAL loud and it hurts my ears, mostly when I play the song at high volume.

same, towards the end when the song starts to fade out the piano is so loud that my i hear my headphones "breaking" because theyre unable to play a sound that loud   :toofunny:

half the album has volume mixing issues. literally i could do a better job and my hearing is beyond fucked

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

same, towards the end when the song starts to fade out the piano is so loud that my i hear my headphones "breaking" because theyre unable to play a sound that loud   :toofunny:

half the album has volume mixing issues. literally i could do a better job and my hearing is beyond fucked

could messing around with the EQ fix it?

giphy.gif

I don’t get the complaint that the sound is sometimes too loud or too quiet. Most music is like that. It’s an effect used on purpose. Joni Mitchell did this all the time, and yes, it was on purpose. The Beatles often did this in their later years too. It’s supposed to add emphasis. I get so jazzed whenever the vocals switch takes like heck yes here we go! It adds anticipation on repeat listens. Lana probably just wanted to try this effect, and it works so well with her voice too. I’m sure you guys will get used to it and learn to love it too!

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I said that i'd make a public apology if NFR was better than K-12 and so.... I'm sorry. NFR is so much better.

i think you must be the only person in the entire universe to have even questioned this

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I didn't know where to put this but it's sooo fucked up. 

This arabic music website edits women out of album and singles covers. 

:toofunny:

https://melovaz.net/?s=Lana+del+rey

PLEASE I was about to post this I'm fucking shaking

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

can someone do something similar to this and remove the man from the nfr cover? a good use for once !  :toofunny:

hey guys just to make things clear this isn't ARABIC

I'm Arab, and this is persian language not arabic, I don't even know what it says 

:smile3:

hey guys just to make things clear this isn't ARABIC

I'm Arab, and this is persian language not arabic, I don't even know what it says

this is indeed persian, and as a persian i can say this is a pretty well known website + editing women out of covers of albums and movies or photoshopping hijabs on them is a pretty common practice (and it’s fucking hilarious)

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

this is indeed persian, and as a persian i can say this is a pretty well known website + editing women out of covers of albums and movies or photoshopping hijabs on them is a pretty common practice (and it’s fucking hilarious)

It’s actually pretty funny lmao but why is this even a thing hahaha if you buy a physical copy is it edited then too?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole