Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Woah, happy birhtday NFR, you goddamn man-child.ย :usrs:

Oh, HOW I adored the album when it was finally released. For two weeks straight, the ONLY thing I did when I was awake/not at work was listening toย NFR. Every waking second,ย even fell asleep to it every night.:cryney2:
I truly felt NO ONE in the world was happier forย or could appreciate the record more than I did, back then. That's how much it meant to me. Nowย I need to listen to this fantastic, the REAL record of the year 2019,ย in fullย WAY more often than I do.:cuteface:

And oh, yeah the opening line to the title track will forever be nothing butย iconic and so fun, not cringy to me.:fabcat:

ย 

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

ย 

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Isย This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Happy 2nd birthday to Norman Fucking Rockwell!! What an incredible, iconic album. This album was released during the undoubtedly most difficult point of my life and it helped me through so much, even if that meansย it makes it hard to listen back to sometimes. I'm so happy I had this album to guide me through the darkest days, all the way out to the other side - just in time for her next one.

This album birthed her best song, Hope is a Dangerous Thing, as well as so many other masterpieces such as The Greatest, California,ย Venice Bitch, Cinnamon Girl, etc. I think this album displays some of her best lyricism and is truly revolutionary. It deserved all of its acclaim it received, and was even deserving of more.

A stunning work of art that will live on through history x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

โ€ขย 4.18.14ย โ€ขย 5.1.14ย โ€ข 9.20.14ย โ€ข 5.28.15ย โ€ข 6.14.15ย โ€ข 7.28.16ย โ€ข 7.24.17ย โ€ข 10.23.17ย โ€ข 10.24.17ย โ€ข 1.25.18ย โ€ข 2.5.18ย โ€ข 12.5.18ย โ€ข 10.3.19ย โ€ข 10.11.19ย โ€ข 11.16.19 โ€ข

SFย โ€ขย ATLย โ€ขย ATLย โ€ขย INDย โ€ขย ATLย โ€ขย CHIย โ€ขย LDNย โ€ขย NYCย โ€ขย NYCย โ€ขย DCย โ€ข ATLย โ€ข NYCย โ€ข PDXย โ€ข SANย โ€ข KS

ย 

Itโ€™s so crazy to think that this album is only TWOย years oldโ€ฆ Itโ€™s as if weโ€™ve had that album for five years or something. I love getting back to it this time of year. I love each and every track from it. And yes, Consรฉquence of Sound is right, claiming that VB is the best Jack Antonoff song he ever produced, calling it a ยซ golden fever dream that you wish youโ€™d never get out of ยป. To me, Norman is a polished and more cohesive version of what she was aiming at with LFL (even though I do love that album as well). Itโ€™s cohesively diverse, and each track is its own landscape. I donโ€™t think that Lana can release a bad album, Even though some are more loved than others, but Norman will forever be a tough contender to beat as her best.ย 

happy birthday norman!!!!!!!ย :heart: our official 2019ย album of the year I don't care what the gr*mm*s choseย ย :true:ย fuck themย :true:

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

On its 2nd birthday, it goes:

1. FIILY

2. MAC

3. Godtender

4. VB

5. Cinnamon

6. Doin' Time (because it's a cover and I cannot morally put it higher for this reason)

7. NFR

8. HIAB

9. California

10. Love Song

11. HTD

12. Hope (I know this looks bad but rn I'm trying to be cheery and it just doesn't work)

13. The Greatest (I'm sorry but it bores)

14. TNBAR (because she wrecked it)

It hits different now because it was released back when life was normal and not dominated by a plague, so it makes me feel happy

Normalise albums with 14 or more songs thank you and good day

If anyone wants to argue and fight I'll be back later

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

California--> Thunder--> The Greatest

Her greatest 123 punch since Shades Of Cool, Brooklyn Baby and West Coast

ย 

(Yes I have thunder in my NFR tracklist and I won't be changing it when BB is released)

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

as much as i love and respect ash, this reaction video will always leave a bad tasteย in my mouth. some people just canโ€™t recognizeย greatness it seemsย 

ย she just made the album to seem like a joke and it lowkey makes me mad to this day lol

ย 

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

On 9/1/2021 at 7:49 PM, HoneymoonDaddy said:

California--> Thunder--> The Greatest

Her greatest 123 punch since Shades Of Cool, Brooklyn Baby and West Coast

ย 

(Yes I have thunder in my NFR tracklist and I won't be changing it when BB is released)

fr, Tuna fits NFR better than The Nextย American Flop. Should've been kept as the superior version (Architecture). If someday the fourth/last/final mix of the 2017 version of Thunder leaks (and in lossless), I will burn a CD with my own version of NFR, featuring the streaming mix of FIILY, Hope extended version and How to disappear piano demo (as the bonus track)

If you look on Spotify at the number of songs with more than 100 million streams and respect the release date,ย  NFR is relatively successful compared to other Lana albums:

• COCC (2021): 0
  • NFR (2019): 4
  • LFL (2017): 4
  • Honeymoon (2015): 1
  • UV (2014): 3
  • Paradise (2012): 1
  • BTD (2012): 10

On 9/17/2021 at 8:25 AM, mrborntolose said:

as much as i love and respect ash, this reaction video will always leave a bad tasteย in my mouth. some people just canโ€™t recognizeย greatness it seemsย 

ย she just made the album to seem like a joke and it lowkey makes me mad to this day lol

ย 

i like ash too but she's very surface-level when it comes to music. that's not necessarily a bad thingย but it can be frustrating to watch, especially as a fan. she also appeases her audience A LOT and cares about their perception of her (as opposed to ajay for example who isn't afraid to call it as it is).ย with that being said,ย ย i like her movie commentary channel way more.

ย 

now stream californiaย