Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,019 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

She shouldn't have released hope as a promo track. She ruined the surprise of the closing track. I bet we would have appreciated it much more in the context of the album for the very first time.

I hope she doesn't spoil us that hard with White Hot Forever.

She shouldn't have released hope as a promo track. She ruined the surprise of the closing track. I bet we would have appreciated it much more in the context of the album for the very first time.

I hope she doesn't spoil us that hard with White Hot Forever.

For me, the album release has fallen a little flat; we'd heard literally half the songs before release, and MAC and VB were a year ago already!

i’m not going to judge the album as a whole yet because i‘ve only listened to it once. on that matter i just wanna say that this is a really distinct album of hers once again

concerning TNBAR, i have to say i like the changes. the chorus always felt unfinished to me. i just wish she would have saved the „you/we did it all for fame“ for the last verse or something cause it‘s just really iconic and would have been powerful. also sad about the „i told you“ and „honey how‘s it feeling?“ part missing but it wouldn‘t have made sense with the new lyrics. still a bit odd to hear those amazing echo and reverb effects plus the breaking glass cause i associate these things more with LFL, but they are a good stylistic break for the record imo. also did she keep the echo effect of the pre-chorus repeating the word „fame“ even though she changed the lyrics to „good“ lol? i’m glad she didn’t change the third verse in its essence. all in all she did the right thing by deciding to put this song out for everyone to hear

i really love the track california even though that was the one i was least excited about. the production of how to disappear doesn‘t really speak to me but maybe it will grow on me.

my last question is: does anyone else think parts of the production don‘t feel as plastic (as in three-dimensional) as her previous work, especially in the first half? it definitely gets better starting with california, but some productions just sound kinda flat to me in a spatial sense idk??

all in all, i‘m excited to listen to this again and again and i‘m proud of her for putting this record out!

kySyfQZ.jpg

I hated htd and happiness tho. Htd feels too cheap and happiness is really under lana standerts. I heard a thing now I'm hearing another like witf

did u heard about less is more?

Do you want me or do you not?

I heard one thing, now I'm hearing another

what's wrong with the lyrics?

Wig we did it

Rest in peace pre release theread

This album is everything watch me streaming 0-24

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Just got a message that my blue vinyl has arrived, I’m so excited to see it!! :woot:

Clampi! What did you think of NFR? I don't think I've seen you post about it.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Here I am, making my first post on the post release thread on page 21 lmaoo. It was wonderfull reading through your reactions to the album, I looove NFR so much

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***