Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

holy trinity

- Venice Bitch

- California

- The Greatest

and that's the tea  :w8ing:

RT!! That's EXACTLY the tea 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

im keeping tabs on whoever criticizes HTD and Bartender, i know who you are and karma is a bitch

They're on my hit list

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lorde stans are saying the way Lana sings ''bar-t-t-tender'' is an homage to Lorde. Normally I would ridicule them, but it does kinda remind me of Lorde.  :toofunny:

I can only think of “while you’re t-t-t-touching me” in every man gets his wish.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

This is the first Lana album where I find that there are no extreme outliers in terms of bad quality songs. Every record of hers so far, there's at least one song that makes me cringe or want to skip. All of these songs make me want to play NFR all the way through.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

That is beyond fucked, they completely misrepresented the item

That’s kind of what I thought when I said yesterday(?) that it looked fake to me. (But then I got scolded because it couldn’t be fake since that website is like the Dutch version of amazon or something)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

ok but listen, this album is so cohesive and amazing... the vocals.... the LYRICS... the production and instrumentals.... it's seriously one of her best albums, and the fact that we had heard parts of basically every song before it came out and literally like MONTHS in advance.. and that I'm still not bored of any of the songs.... that is POWER miss Del Rey you are POWERFUL

giphy.gif

Now that the album has been released can we all agree that Cinnamon is a much better title than Cinnamon Girl?  :hooker:

Yes

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

That’s kind of what I thought when I said yesterday(?) that it looked fake to me. (But then I got scolded because it couldn’t be fake since that website is like the Dutch version of amazon or something)

To be fair they usually are legit so this was surprising to me too

They made it seem as you’d get the OG cover with a pink vinyl but it already seemed suspicious since it was the only place you could buy it

I’d def contact them, i will do so as Well and maybe they’ll be more inclined to pay back your taxes etc

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

and to think that only 3 days ago i was sure this is going to be her worst album because i thought most songs were going be acoustic and boring, and the lack of bridges concerned me as well...

sorry for ever doubting you queen, your best album  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Now that the album has been released can we all agree that Cinnamon Girl is a much better title than Cinnamon?  :hooker:

yes i didn't think I'd get used to it but i love it now

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I would like to thank Lana for NOT releasing the album in March. It's kind of selfish but it came out at the perfect time of my life. I don't necessarily think that everything happens for a reason but considering what's happening in my life right now, there was no better time for the album to come out. There's nothing better than being able to relate to so many songs from an album at the time it comes out. So yeah again I know it's such a selfish thought but I am so glad it came on August 30. It's also funny that each of the singles (excluding Doin' Time) came out at the perfect time too for me. I guess I was extremely lucky this era. Thanks so much Lana.

i completely agree, 2019 has been consistent twists, dilemmas, fails and falls, but the year is also this utopian slate of constant releases by my entire last.fm top 50. and the releases just keep timing up whether i'm grateful or temporarily annoyed. i must say i don't know if i could've gotten through the first half without L+F (snapped), dedicated, TUN, and a few others. i have a lot of changes coming throughout october and this + charli is like taking a vicodin and then some ecstasy omg we

in this case tho, i'm pretty annoyed that i sought commitment or closure from this guy before the end of august specifically so i wasn't still ailing from the ambiguity while tying him to an NFR that i expected to be a little more happy. instead, she fleshed those opening lines into nearly an entire album about his failures and disappointment and being ultimately unwilling to change, therefore the album almost perfectly puts to paper how i feel about him right now and there's no undoing those connotations. a nightmare :awkney2: