Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

If anyone has to win against Lana for AOTY I want it to be Billie in hopes that she'll give Lana a nod in her acceptance speech since she literally paved the way for her

I think Billie will tbh. Imagine how shes feeling, up against one of her favourite artists tho!

I honestly don't think Billies album was too fantastic. It was just fine. But so was NFR. Neither really deserve AOTY, and tbh none of the nominations do...

AaHaz0C.png

omg  :deadbanana:

Where is this from?

Also (and I say this as someone who has seen him live numerous times, and back in the nineties, before the internet made everything available to everyone for free, spent all my spare money on tracking down every last b-side and non album track), nobody is listening to the Nick Cave record more than twice. It's just the sort of record that gets critical acclaim.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Where is this from?

Also (and I say this as someone who has seen him live numerous times, and back in the nineties, before the internet made everything available to everyone for free, spent all my spare money on tracking down every last b-side and non album track), nobody is listening to the Nick Cave record more than twice. It's just the sort of record that gets critical acclaim.

my exact thoughts lol, that nick cave record was garbage.

I think Billie will tbh. Imagine how shes feeling, up against one of her favourite artists tho!

I honestly don't think Billies album was too fantastic. It was just fine. But so was NFR. Neither really deserve AOTY, and tbh none of the nominations do...

Agreed. I don't think it was a particularly strong year in terms of quality releases but ofc I am basing this on my personal musical taste. 

My favourite album releases this year were Titanic Rising and Magdalene. NFR is okay. 

All of the nominees are lucky that Lover was such a flop because the Recording Academy would love an excuse to give it to Taylor. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Agreed. I don't think it was a particularly strong year in terms of quality releases but ofc I am basing this on my personal musical taste. 

My favourite album releases this year were Titanic Rising and Magdalene. NFR is okay. 

All of the nominees are lucky that Lover was such a flop because the Recording Academy would love an excuse to give it to Taylor. 

Was Magdalene just released too late to make it in this year?

Definitely would have been deserving

Lana better win. She is owed that Grammy since BTD. Screw Billie what her face. Let her work a few years for that Grammy like most people do. 

why would anyone want to steal chucks unprofessional, shitty, useless, almost homemade photography?  :deadbanana:

giphy.gif

Was Magdalene just released too late to make it in this year?

Definitely would have been deserving

Yeah, I think the deadline was August 31st (which was funny because Lanz left it 'til the very last day ... lol). It's eligible for 2021, but I have a feeling the field will be far stronger next year and as a "smaller" artist, Twigs will probably be snubbed :rip:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I’m not sure if Billie could win AOTY since she is very young: it’s a big reward to give to someone, in the eyes of the Grammy voters. NFR sure has the lead for a win... but let’s keep in mind that Beyoncé’s Lemonade was everyone’s favourite that year, and the Grammy went to Adele for 25 (Beyoncé really got robbed).

A very famous fortune teller from my country made some predictions about some artists for 2020 and she said Lizzo will get all the awards in the first half of the year 

mFeBPx6.gif

come through Lizzo Grant! 

Where is this from?

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/

I've actually got this feeling that the spoken word album is gonna be like... incredible. I think it will blow us away. Mainly because her projects that she takes less time on, without thought, without change of plans, just pure artistry straight on the go, always turns out to be some of her best work. Remember Honeymoon? How quickly it was made and without any hassle. Turned out to be one of the best albums of all time. She said the spoken word album sounded rough and unfinished, and we know her own opinion on her work is always wrong or the opposite. I think we're in for a great surprise with this one. :flutter: :flutter: :flutter:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e